Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's the thing. Pace will need to trade up if he has one above the rest remaining near his pick. Not like everyone in the league knows we're drafting a QB or anything. Pace should have all 4 of HC, OC, QBC and Ragone study these guys without talking to each other and then speak to them independently before a group think. None of this herd mentality shit this time.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The question I have about Trask is......has he been forced to make plays outside the pocket. Is he getting good OL protection?

msadows

Liked Posts:
He is weird.

He has the size of a guy who should have a cannon, but he doesn’t.

But he is accurate and appears to read the field well and can run a little.

Like jumbo Alex Smith.

I agree, his arm talent leaves a lot to be desired, but you watch him play and he makes all the throws and is pretty damn accurate and has some scrambles.

Honestly tho, accuracy, reading the field, and pocket presence are a lot more important than arm talent. Plenty of QB's have proven that.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Lets keep this in mind.... the Arkansas Razorbacks aren't even ranked.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Lets keep this in mind.... the Arkansas Razorbacks aren't even ranked.

Yes, obviously, but when scouting quarterbacks you must look at intangibles over everything.

A perfect throw is a perfect throw against anyone. A throw with a 300 pound dude in your face is a throw against a 300 pound dude no matter who you face.

It's why I'm very high on wilson. He's played scrubs, but his throws are very tight windows where he's dropping the ball perfectly on nearly every play.

Trask has performed very well today, and he's playing his way into a late 1st/early 2nd selection. Lets not forget our boy mitch beat up on a ton of scrubs too and got picked 2nd overall.

My only questionmark for both qb's is what happens when they face heavy pressure, which is why I hope both of them somehow end up into the playoffs, but that one is doubtful .

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes, obviously, but when scouting quarterbacks you must look at intangibles over everything.

A perfect throw is a perfect throw against anyone. A throw with a 300 pound dude in your face is a throw against a 300 pound dude no matter who you face.

It's why I'm very high on wilson. He's played scrubs, but his throws are very tight windows where he's dropping the ball perfectly on nearly every play.

Trask has performed very well today, and he's playing his way into a late 1st/early 2nd selection. Lets not forget our boy mitch beat up on a ton of scrubs too and got picked 2nd overall.

My only questionmark for both qb's is what happens when they face heavy pressure, which is why I hope both of them somehow end up into the playoffs, but that one is doubtful .

Mitch shouldn't have been taken that high. I'm sure we agree on that.

See link>>>> #23

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
He is weird.

He has the size of a guy who should have a cannon, but he doesn’t.

But he is accurate and appears to read the field well and can run a little.

Like jumbo Alex Smith.

The comps for Trask are all over the place. I've read Roethlisberger for his blend of size and just enough mobility to burn you if you forget about him and the pocket starts to break down. I've read "bigger Andy Dalton". Matt Miller called him a Josh Allen clone, which is laughable in terms or arm strength and athleticism.

But I think Alex Smith is probably the best I've seen. Doesn't have Smith's athleticism, and has a lot more bulk, but projecting the style of play at the next level seems like they're pretty similar players. Unfortunately, I can see a similar career path for Trask, which I don't see Bears fans having the patience to deal with.

But if they can get OL at 16 or whatever and then trade back into the late 1st for him, I'll take that.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The comps for Trask are all over the place. I've read Roethlisberger for his blend of size and just enough mobility to burn you if you forget about him and the pocket starts to break down. I've read "bigger Andy Dalton". Matt Miller called him a Josh Allen clone, which is laughable in terms or arm strength and athleticism.

But I think Alex Smith is probably the best I've seen. Doesn't have Smith's athleticism, and has a lot more bulk, but projecting the style of play at the next level seems like they're pretty similar players. Unfortunately, I can see a similar career path for Trask, which I don't see Bears fans having the patience to deal with.

But if they can get OL at 16 or whatever and then trade back into the late 1st for him, I'll take that.

Alex Smith is a decent comp. He seems very smart and reads the field well. Arm talent is just average, which is okay. Accuracy has always been the biggest aspect of QB success. Kyle Boller proved that one.

My dream draft scenario is getting cosmi in the first, then getting trask with a trade up into the early 2nd. This years 2nd plus next years 3rd should get it done.

The guys stock is building heavy, tho. He's on pace to be a serious heisman candidate.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I've read Roethlisberger for his blend of size and just enough mobility to burn you if you forget about him and the pocket starts to break down.

Roethlisberger
4.75 seconds
trask
40 Low: 4.98 40 Time: 5.08 40 High: 5.18

:oprah2:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Roethlisberger
4.75 seconds
trask
40 Low: 4.98 40 Time: 5.08 40 High: 5.18

:oprah2:

Lets wait for him to run. Anyone who's watched big ben knows he's not a 4.75 on the field. He's elusive, but he's not fast at all, even in his prime.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Alex Smith is a decent comp. He seems very smart and reads the field well. Arm talent is just average, which is okay. Accuracy has always been the biggest aspect of QB success. Kyle Boller proved that one.

My dream draft scenario is getting cosmi in the first, then getting trask with a trade up into the early 2nd. This years 2nd plus next years 3rd should get it done.

The guys stock is building heavy, tho. He's on pace to be a serious heisman candidate.
Don't make the mistake of thinking arm strength means throwing 50 yards from your knees through the goalposts.

Arm strength also means getting the pass to your target before the fast NFL DB gets there. That is where arm strength really matters. .

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the Bears can take a QB at 16 and don’t have to make a crazy move up that is a win. Forget Trask in the 2nd, holding on to their picks and taking him at 16 would be a win and leave them with 48 and 80 for the OL.

Moving up for a QB is going to cost a ton.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Better than Jones but a clear step down from the top group. I’d rather wait and build the line than settle for a limited QB. Ideally the Bears can make a move for Wilson.
That isn’t realistic with where these guys are going to be in terms fo job security.

If they fix the OL do you think they are going to be picking higher in 2022?

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
That isn’t realistic with where these guys are going to be in terms fo job security.

If they fix the OL do you think they are going to be picking higher in 2022?
Agreed. I think this is a great QB class and there are 4 guys with a lot of upside. I don’t want to see the Bears swing on a limited prospect, with limited experience, only to be in the same position in a few years.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It will be interesting to see how Trask closes out the year. Right now he’s sort of in the Trubisky stratosphere, with only having started 15 games since his freshman year of high school.

Highsteppingbruin

Liked Posts: