Trask is ballin right now

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
It will be interesting to see how Trask closes out the year. Right now he’s sort of in the Trubisky stratosphere, with only having started 15 games since his freshman year of high school.
I don't know why we're getting excited about a guy that posters are comparing to Alex Smith.

Besides, we need to stick to our guns and draft oline.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
I’d say a better comp is last years rising star Joe Burrow.

Smart, Accurate, Average to Slight above average Arm and Athleticism.

Great Leader, Field General, lifts the play of those around him.

Great at reading the field. He’s on pace to have the same numbers at Burrow last year in the same conference. Their only loss this year is a game where the O scored on every drive but one.. the D just couldn’t stop A&M at all.

Trask is worth a first round pick if you cannot get 1 or 2 - again I don’t know about Wilson and Lance.

Bears should take a QB in the first round every year for the rest of our lives until they find a star. Start this in 2021!

Liked Posts:
Said in another thread that I think we should draft OL in 1st and 2ed, maybe even 3rd. Or trade some of our picks for future picks. Then in probably two more years when (Uiagalelei) the backup to Lawrence in Clemson comes out, make a big bid for him. He has looked great ever since Lawrence has not played!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This is a bit scary, but then I realized it was from Sports Illustrated.
NFL Comparisons for Three 2019 Florida Gators Standouts

QB Kyle Trask: Nick Foles, Jacksonville Jaguars
Trask: 6-5, 239, lbs.

Foles: 6-6, 243 lbs.

This comparison was ridiculously easy, for the background story of course.

Foles was leading a journeyman NFL backup career up until the 2017 season, when he filled in at quarterback given Carson Wentz' season-ending torn ACL. He went on to lead the Philadelphia Eagles to a 2-1 regular-season record, a perfect postseason record, a Super Bowl, and for himself - a Super Bowl MVP Award.

Trask is on a similar career path. Prior to leading Florida out of losing Franks, Trask had not started a football game since his freshman season of high school.

And here we are.

But beyond their stories, both quarterbacks are similar within their playing styles and intangibles. They stand tall in the pocket, yet are sneakily mobile, and are vastly accurate within the short-to-intermediate levels of the field. Over the past two seasons, Foles has completed 78.5% of his 172 passes within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage. This season, Trask is at 74.6% on 142 throws in the same area.

Again, this comparison was pretty easy on the surface. And as you look more in-depth, you realize it's just about perfect.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Said in another thread that I think we should draft OL in 1st and 2ed, maybe even 3rd. Or trade some of our picks for future picks. Then in probably two more years when (Uiagalelei) the backup to Lawrence in Clemson comes out, make a big bid for him. He has looked great ever since Lawrence has not played!
So Bears should wait two years for a QB who has played in 2 games and even if he is a stud Bears would have to lose 13+ games to even have a shot at him?

The Bears need to take a 1st round QB in 2021. Take OL in round 2-3-4 whatever. If this year QB shows real legit promise- draftOL or weapons or whateverin 2022 1st Round... if not Draft another QB.

Rinse repeat until they find themselves a top 5-10 legit QB, then and only then will they ever truly compete for championships.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I am all for trading back in the first, say dropping from around 13-15 to 20-22, picking up an early 2nd, drafting Trask, and OT, OG in the second, but that all matters naught, if Nagy is the guy coaching any QB the Bears draft.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So I don't watch much college ball but thought I'd take a look due to this thread. Lots to like. He's not deeking out an edge rusher but his feet are VG in the pocket and he seems to have awareness. You would never guess he was that slow from his movement back there. There will be some question on whether he can roll well enough to avoid a rush but I think he's worth the risk. He has solid mechanics, top to bottom. Not sure how well he sees the field from the little I watched but he used the entire field and seemed to pick good targets. Yup, lots to like.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Trask is pretty good but not close to Burrow.

I think the top 4 QBs are probably going to go in the top 8 spots. Then Trask, who will be picked earlier than he should be because of the run on better QB prospects.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So I don't watch much college ball but thought I'd take a look due to this thread. Lots to like. He's not deeking out an edge rusher but his feet are VG in the pocket and he seems to have awareness. You would never guess he was that slow from his movement back there. There will be some question on whether he can roll well enough to avoid a rush but I think he's worth the risk. He has solid mechanics, top to bottom. Not sure how well he sees the field from the little I watched but he used the entire field and seemed to pick good targets. Lots to like.
9 different receivers last night and the back up TE with Kyle Pitts out had 3 TD's. Trask is a very high floor guy and IMO the guy most likely to succeed despite Nagy as his mentor. And if my kids didn't graduate from UF and we are all huge fans, I would be pounding the table for Mullen as HC he is a QB and play design genius.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
9 different receivers last night and the back up TE with Kyle Pitts out had 3 TD's. Trask is a very high floor guy and IMO the guy most likely to succeed despite Nagy as his mentor. And if my kids didn't graduate from UF and we are all huge fans, I would be pounding the table for Mullen as HC he is a QB and play design genius.
I get the Foles compare but his mechanics and pocket movement look better. There's a bit more crispness than you get from a lot of tall or slow QBs. Don't know if anyone's actually timed him but looks like your #s. If he drops for anything, I suspect it will be velocity but he's got enough if he's smart.

Last edited:

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I am all for trading back in the first, say dropping from around 13-15 to 20-22, picking up an early 2nd, drafting Trask, and OT, OG in the second, but that all matters naught, if Nagy is the guy coaching any QB the Bears draft.
That’s a great idea if only the point chart didn’t indicate that a drop back like that might net a pick worth something in the top of the third round instead of the second.
And very few teams at the bottom of one round have a follow up pick at the top of another round. Nothing wrong with a three way, but it gets so complicated that it rarely works out.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bears would be stupid not to look at him. He doesn't get me super excited, but if we can trade up and get him in the 2nd after drafting a tackle in the first I'd be very happy with that.

He'll be gone by the 2nd

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We all know what you prefer black there. How are Trask's stats against ranked teams?

He just buttfucked UGA's defense

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't know why we're getting excited about a guy that posters are comparing to Alex Smith.

Besides, we need to stick to our guns and draft oline.

We need a QB.

Alex Smith is a very good QB.

msadows

Liked Posts:
We need a QB.

Alex Smith is a very good QB.

Not really sure we have the right to be picky about drafting a QB who isn't projected to be a superstar when you have nick foles leading your team.

I'd very gladly take a guy who's ceiling is alex smith.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I’m not saying he’ll jump up the boards. But just because the experts have him as a 2nd, 3rd rd guy today doesn’t mean that’s where they’ll have him 6 months from now. People act as if these things aren’t fluid.

The only two QB’s I’m sure aren’t moving are Lawrence and Fields. Beyond that I’m not acting like any of these guys are cemented into some predictable range.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The question I have about Trask is......has he been forced to make plays outside the pocket. Is he getting good OL protection?

Lets keep this in mind.... the Arkansas Razorbacks aren't even ranked.

Five takeaways from Trey Lance's showcase game - NFL.com

One of the most anticipated performances of the year by a 2021 NFL Draft prospect is in the books. North Dakota State quarterback Trey Lance threw for 149 yards (15-of-30 passing, 2 TDs, 1 INT) and rushed for 143 yards on 15 carries (9.5 average, two TDs) in a 39-28 win over Central Arkansas on Saturday .

292 total yards 2Td's-1 int. And a win
Trey Lance
So 28 passing TD's in the first 6 games of a season the most in SEC history, 70+% completions, 300+ YRDS in 5 of 6 games, and ALL against SEC schools,and no less than 4 TD's or more than 1 INT in any game isn't good enough, but 50% completion , less than 150 yards passing and nothing to show but a win over C Ark is the guy.

Just be a man and say you want nothing other than a black QB, at least I could respect the honesty.