Trask is ballin right now

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Personal preference. The Dolphins passed on drafting a QB in 2019 because they could trade for Josh Rosen. It's very feasible that a team like Atlanta would prefer a guy like Daniel Jones over a young guy like Trey Lance, who may not be ready to lead a team with a ton of offensive talent. Especially, if they can still draft defense with the extra pick(s) they get for allowing a team to move up.
Do you think the NY Giants are ready to give up on Jones?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I can't say. I never saw a minute of Mitch in college. Still haven't. But many would take the opposite view and say "If he's that good now, with limited experience, he has high upside."

...we are weighting Mitch nutthugger's opinions very, very low.

Thanks for understanding going forward.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Your opinion was about what you think, and why people who don't think the way you do (media and some GMs) are wrong. Nobody else has taken the "me against the world" approach in this thread. Nobody else has basically said everyone is wrong but me.

again, you’re interpretation is wrong. I never said everyone is wrong but me. That’s your take, not mine. I stated that you shouldn’t take QB evaluation advice from the media and that the GM’s sometimes give misinformation to the media to benefit themselves. This isn’t hard to understand, yet here you are

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
it all comes down to what happens to pace and nagy this offseason, if there is a new regime, i'm not sure they get a qb unless its a mid rd qb who they look to develop. They need to retool the oline in a big way...In the current landscape nearly half the teams in the league could draft a QB but only 3 teams really need to take a QB (Jets, Jags, Was) Aside from lawrence and fields supposedly going 1 and 2, its a tossup on where guys like trask, wilson, lance are going to go. I cant see WAS choosing lance, trask or wilson at 5-6 as it stands now. They need a LT almost as bad as the bears do and could get sewell who will lockdown LT for as long they want him.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
So how does that explain, Keon Zipperer, the 6'2" replacement move TE for Pitts going from 3 rec and 0 TD's in 5 games to 3rec and 2 TD's last night?

You are either completely making this up or are football illiterate, 30 of 153 (20%) receptions for UF have been to the RB's. That is near identical to all the other top QB's other than Justin Fields how is at about 10%. And I am not sure I have seen a QB throw for more average air yards in a non gimmick offense than KyleTrask in years.

Again, have you even watched a Gators game? He commands the team, changes plays pre-snap based on defense, and moves defenders with his eyes like a seasoned pro. Dan Mullen has repeatedly commented how Trask gets them into the right play nearly every single time.

And the statement that he needs a good OL and playmakers, good grief. That is like saying mako sharks are fast swimmers but they really need water.

Wow. So angry. Our Hoosiers are 4-0 and in the top 10 for the first time in our lives, lighten up a bit maybe?

But to respond, Zipperer is a playmaker right? He made plays after the catch yesterday. Every QB throws the ball to playmakers. It's fine. But the Bears don't have those type of playmakers was the point.

Ok, 20% of receptions to RBs isn't terrible. But in the Georgia game (especially after Pitts went out) he threw designed routes to the RBs. They had 8 catches, 171 yards....a lot of it was YAC yardage as is typical to RB receptions (though some were very well thrown wheel routes 10-15 yards in the air past the LOS). I was basing that comment off the Georgia game mostly, wasn't try to mislead.

And yes, generally the statement that a QB needs a good OL and playmakers is generic and applies for everyone. But the point of saying that is that some QBs have had tons of success without a good OL (see Burrow this year, Watson every year). And some QBs have tons of success without playmakers (see Rodgers, Drew Brees with Thomas out). The point of that statement was that the Bears don't have the OL in place, or the YAC weapons to make Trask as successful as he should be. That's why I am skeptical of him. Guys like Wilson are mobile and can make plays outside of the normal play call by moving in and outside of the pocket. He can also throw from different platforms and arm angles and throw guys open. Guys like Lance can literally be a weapon in the run game if you don't have guys that can take short throws for 25 yards.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I have no idea WTF you're talking about, and I am pretty sure you don't either.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Plus you really don't have any idea how many games Trask has played, do you?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
it all comes down to what happens to pace and nagy this offseason, if there is a new regime, i'm not sure they get a qb unless its a mid rd qb who they look to develop. They need to retool the oline in a big way...In the current landscape nearly half the teams in the league could draft a QB but only 3 teams really need to take a QB (Jets, Jags, Was) Aside from lawrence and fields supposedly going 1 and 2, its a tossup on where guys like trask, wilson, lance are going to go. I cant see WAS choosing lance, trask or wilson at 5-6 as it stands now. They need a LT almost as bad as the bears do and could get sewell who will lockdown LT for as long they want him.

The Jets don't really need a QB. They're taking one because they're picking 1. That pick is going to put a starting QB on the market, as Darnold will start for another NFL team if traded/released. If they end up winning a couple games and pick 3rd, I think they'd keep Darnold and trade down and take a bunch of playmakers and linemen on offense.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I think we are in line to take the 4th QB off the board if we go in that direction in Rd 1. I can see the Jets ready to move on and get Lawrence. Jaguars take a QB at #2, and the Patriots pick their QB of the future. I dont see teams moving on from a veteran franchise QB for the fourth or fifth best QB in the draft (there is a lot of conjecture that the Falcons and Lions are ready to move on from their guys).

If the top three guys are Lawrence, Fields and Lance, we have a shot at Wilson and Trask. I'd be perfectly happy to take a QB in the first if we invest our day-2 picks in the OL.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think we are in line to take the 4th QB off the board if we go in that direction in Rd 1. I can see the Jets ready to move on and get Lawrence. Jaguars take a QB at #2, and the Patriots pick their QB of the future. I dont see teams moving on from a veteran franchise QB for the fourth or fifth best QB in the draft (there is a lot of conjecture that the Falcons and Lions are ready to move on from their guys).

If the top three guys are Lawrence, Fields and Lance, we have a shot at Wilson and Trask. I'd be perfectly happy to take a QB in the first if we invest our day-2 picks in the OL.

Yep, exactly what I've been saying. Even if you think you have a QB and your team is 1 or #2 pick bad, you draft a QB in this class with a generational type talent and another guy that's QB1 in most other years. But after that, it gets dicey. Do you get rid of Jones or Tua, with a year or two already in your system for QB3 or 4 that played FCS or lowest level FBS talent? Do you get rid of Ryan, Stafford, or Cousins for QB3 or 4 and then try to figure out who can take on 30Mil in salary cap?

I think the biggest issue of availability of the top 4 is who teams prefer between Wilson and Lance. If a team like Wilson more, and the Bears don't like Lance for some reason then they may not come out with QB4 and may wait for QB5 (Trask or Jones).

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Wow. So angry. Our Hoosiers are 4-0 and in the top 10 for the first time in our lives, lighten up a bit maybe?

But to respond, Zipperer is a playmaker right? He made plays after the catch yesterday. Every QB throws the ball to playmakers. It's fine. But the Bears don't have those type of playmakers was the point.
Not angry, I just doing my CCS job of pointing out bullshit.

He caught a 24 air yards pass took one step and was tackled, a5 yard with a no YAC TD, and 11 yard with a no YAC TD. So no he did absolutely nothing after the catch. Again, sorta highlights the fact that you are making statements without actually seeing the game or the guy play.

Oh and to your point about dump off passes to RB's. Trask TD's had air yards of 0 , 23,21,33,5,11 and YAC of 10,0,0,0,0,0.
Oh and none to RB's

And you are using Remy level logic, if you point to a back up with 3 rec in 5 games coming in and playing near the level of possibly the best college football player of 2020, being because he is a playmaker and not because of the QB .

I don't care who the Bears take as long as they are successful, but saying he has playmakers and needs playmakers to succeed is a chicken and egg argument. How are you deducing that Trasks targets are making him look better while all the other QB's are making their targets look better?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Lets wait for him to run. Anyone who's watched big ben knows he's not a 4.75 on the field. He's elusive, but he's not fast at all, even in his prime.

This info. is all over the 'net. Sure I was surprised

[OC] List of All Starting NFL QBs 40-Yard Dash Times: From ...
Roethlisberger was clocked at 4.75

------
Without Vick, the running QB revolution stalls - ESPN

The results from the pre-draft scouting combine in 2004 show Roethlisberger was clocked at 4.75 seconds in the 40-yard dash. That isn't exactly sprinter's speed, but for a quarterback, it's pretty good. It's especially good for a quarterback known more for his arm than for his feet.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Mobility doesn't equal speed. Derek Carr ran a 4.69, while Josh Allen ran a 4.75. Allen ran for more yards his rookie year than Carr has his entire career.

The point was Meadows made the comment about Trask being similar to Roethlisberger's mobilty. There's some correlation with speed, quickness and mobility when it comes to extending and making plays outside the pocket.
>>> #30

.........and the Bears don't like Lance for some reason

Just curious....where did u hear this?

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Florida Gators QB Kyle Trask Feels Improved As a Rusher

He's averaging 2.7ypc this year and had 4 rushing TDs last year. In case you're not aware, NCAA count sacks as dislike rush yards.

Roth is a lot slower now than when he came into the league. Never very sudden but he could run once rolling . Check from 4 to 5 min to see his ability to avoid a rush to throw or and gain yards. Not someone you would ask to run but functional for the position unless you require scrambling for your scheme. He always takes lots of sacks be cause he's willing to stand in and throw with guys on him.

Last edited:

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
The Jets don't really need a QB. They're taking one because they're picking 1. That pick is going to put a starting QB on the market, as Darnold will start for another NFL team if traded/released. If they end up winning a couple games and pick 3rd, I think they'd keep Darnold and trade down and take a bunch of playmakers and linemen on offense.

joe douglas is not tied to darnold whatsover...with that said, if they were to fall in the draft order, they could do as you say and keep him but i'm not sure a future HC wants to be saddled with a QB thats seeing ghosts more often than not.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Mitch was the #1 guy if you listen to the liberal media!!!

LOL you can tell this Knoxville guy is a low IQ MAGA head.

you understand a lot of time guys in the media are going off what scouts and GM’s in the league are telling them? The media didn’t just decide in some meeting to tout Mitch Trubisky. These are journalists who build relationships with GM’s, scouts, etc. Do you understand that? The “media” a lot of the time is just regurgitating what the experts tell them. Do you understand how journalism works at all? Or anything for that matter?

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The point was Meadows made the comment about Trask being similar to Roethlisberger's mobilty. There's some correlation with speed, quickness and mobility when it comes to extending and making plays outside the pocket.
>>> #30

Just curious....where did u hear this?

The Bears not liking Lance was a hypothetical

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Not angry, I just doing my CCS job of pointing out bullshit.

He caught a 24 air yards pass took one step and was tackled, a5 yard with a no YAC TD, and 11 yard with a no YAC TD. So no he did absolutely nothing after the catch. Again, sorta highlights the fact that you are making statements without actually seeing the game or the guy play.

Oh and to your point about dump off passes to RB's. Trask TD's had air yards of 0 , 23,21,33,5,11 and YAC of 10,0,0,0,0,0.
Oh and none to RB's

And you are using Remy level logic, if you point to a back up with 3 rec in 5 games coming in and playing near the level of possibly the best college football player of 2020, being because he is a playmaker and not because of the QB .

I don't care who the Bears take as long as they are successful, but saying he has playmakers and needs playmakers to succeed is a chicken and egg argument. How are you deducing that Trasks targets are making him look better while all the other QB's are making their targets look better?

When did I say anything about "all other QBs"? Trask needs a good OL because he doesn't move in the pocket very well. He needs weapons because he's not a guy that's going to throw guys open because of anticipation or said movement (or threat of movement) in the pocket. The comparisons that have been made like Alex Smith and Nick Foles are perfect examples of what I mean. Foles took a team to the SB that had an elite OL, Jeffery playing elite football, a top 2 TE in the game (at that time), and got big catches from his RBs out of the backfield on his epic playoff run. Guys like Burrow and Herbert are performing great with bad OLs, because they have special ability, which Trask doesn't have or we wouldn't be talking about him as possible QB5. Guys like young Cam Newton won MVP with no weapons because of elite mobility, which is another special ability that Trask doesn't have.

I like Trask, and there are plenty of successful QBs who don't have special ability. If he's the best that's there I gladly take him on the Bears and try to get him that OL and weapons that can run after the catch. But for the 2021 Bears, he probably isn't going to have that so any early success is probably not realistic (similar to Smith and Foles). And like I said, I worry about the patience of Bears fans if he doesn't have early success. "All the other QBs" ahead of him have either special ability or mobility, which is why they are ahead of him, despite him putting up the best numbers in FCS.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
That DeAndre Hopkins hail mary catch would not have been possible without Murray’s mobility. Mobility is becoming more and more important in today’s game. Prospects with little to no mobility like Trask and Jones would not have been able to do that, especially with our current OL.