Trask is ballin right now

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm really torn on Trask. You can't deny the production. And it's not just good production, it's among the best production we've ever seen in college. But the path to success for guys like Trask (not a great arm, little mobility) is much longer these days, IMO. Guys with a similar profile like Foles and Cousins have had periods of great play, but not consistently enough to make me super comfortable with that as an upside for a potential Bears QB. Even guys like Brees and Brady, who are 1st ballot HOFers have had their struggles since the arm strength and mobility has gone away even further, though fewer and further between than the lesser guys.

I think I feel like I'd rather take a chance on guys like Desmond Ridder or Jamie Newman in the 3rd than take Trask in the 1st, especially without a trade down. And obviously, Wilson and Lance would be much preferred, even if you have to trade up a little.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't think he's a 1st round prospect.

I don't either. The discussion has really always been for me taking him in the 2nd after an OT in the first.

If that happens I would be very happy with it. There is a large gap between him and the next best qb prospect.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Not a fair comparison between Foles and Trask just because they don't scramble.

Trask is way more accurate with the football and way more aggressive. Foles is always looking to checkdown while Trask is always looking downfield.

Keep in mind...it's easy to look downfield when ya have 4-5 seconds in the pocket

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I dislike designed runs. They can get a Qb injured. On Trask, I've never seen him avoid pressure, get outta the pocket , extend and make plays. We need a Qb that can do that now. Putting a guy like Trask behind our OL is a mistake. ( see foles)
Carr has more mobility. Trask is not that guy who can perform outta the pocket. He'd end up like foles if he were here.
I'm still looking for film on how he performs under pressure from a collapsing pocket.

Trask is foles 2.0. Funny how no one is willing to show film and or talk about him making plays under pressure when the OL collapses. Show me a Qb who doesn't look good with 4-5 seconds of time in the pocket
I had a dream last night that you were a complete moron that knows nothing about football. It went something like this.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
If he’s smart, reads defenses both pre and post snap, can make the hot read quickly, and is accurate with them, an average arm can be overlooked. Plus, arm strength can be improved, the intangibles can’t..

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
So is this guy the next bust that Pace drafts? Can’t wait to boo him at Soldier Field, the United Center, and Macy’s if needed

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
I had a dream last night that you were a complete moron that knows nothing about football. It went something like this.

That was an NFL throw into a very tight window. It was thrown on the run with some zip to it

msadows

Liked Posts:
If he’s smart, reads defenses both pre and post snap, can make the hot read quickly, and is accurate with them, an average arm can be overlooked. Plus, arm strength can be improved, the intangibles can’t..

I've harped on it a ton in this thread, but lemme repeat it again.

Accuracy, by a large margin, is the most important trait for a qb transitioning from college to the pros. If you have it, you have a much much greater chance of success.

Too often GM's fall in love with the flashy traits, like arm strength, scramble ability, etc. These are not crucial qb traits. Accuracy is.

Trask is a fantastic prospect, he's just got like the 5th highest upside in this draft at the QB position. However, he might have like the 2nd highest floor. The guy would be a very very solid pick if he somehow lasts to the 2nd round.

Luke

Liked Posts:

Accuracy, by a large margin, is the most important trait for a qb transitioning from college to the pros. If you have it, you have a much much greater chance of success.

Too often GM's fall in love with the flashy traits, like arm strength, scramble ability, etc. These are not crucial qb traits. Accuracy is.

Trask is a fantastic prospect, he's just got like the 5th highest upside in this draft at the QB position. However, he might have like the 2nd highest floor. The guy would be a very very solid pick if he somehow lasts to the 2nd round.

Heck, assuming Pace is still here, he might even move up from say 14 to 12 to get him even though the next possible team who might take him would be Indy in the mid 20's. This assuming the top 4 were already gone.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Trask is on the slower side but he's definitely more mobile than Foles lmao. Foles might be the slowest QB in the nfl, yes, maybe even slower than Brady. Trask will probably run a sub 5 40 at the combine.

What do you guys think of Mac Jones? Interesting prospect in the 2nd-3rd?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Trask is on the slower side but he's definitely more mobile than Foles lmao. Foles might be the slowest QB in the nfl, yes, maybe even slower than Brady. Trask will probably run a sub 5 40 at the combine.

Trask- 3243 yards passing, 38 TD, 3 INT.
Jones- 3113 yards passing, 27 TD, 3 INT.

Trask- 322 attempts, 71% completion, 10.1 per attempt, 92.7 QBR
Jones- 255 attempts, 75% completion, 12.2 per attempt, 96.3 QBR

Jones has played the slightly tougher schedule. Jones has a 1st round WR (had 2 but 1 got injured). Trask has a 1st round TE, and a probably 2nd round WR. Trask doesn't have that 1st round RB and elite running game though, which is a huge difference. But the numbers are really close. The arm strength is similar, though I think Trask's may even be a little better. But Jones throws the much better deep ball. Jones is built like a teenager, Trask is huge. Neither is very mobile. These guys are pretty close as prospects, but I think I prefer Trask. I think he reads the field better and has fewer of his first reads completely wide open. They'll play in a couple weeks and maybe one will separate from the other.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Jones has played the slightly tougher schedule. Jones has a 1st round WR (had 2 but 1 got injured). Trask has a 1st round TE, and a probably 2nd round WR. Trask doesn't have that 1st round RB and elite running game though, which is a huge difference. But the numbers are really close. The arm strength is similar, though I think Trask's may even be a little better. But Jones throws the much better deep ball. Jones is built like a teenager, Trask is huge. Neither is very mobile. These guys are pretty close as prospects, but I think I prefer Trask. I think he reads the field better and has fewer of his first reads completely wide open. They'll play in a couple weeks and maybe one will separate from the other.
I'm looking forward to seeing Trask vs that Bama defense.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

This is pretty much how I see it as well. Jones is not as good of a prospect, but he's intriguing. Smart with the ball, accurate, sees the field well. But isn't going to lift an offense and almost certainly won't succeed without good players around him. If the Bears say trade their #12 for #20 and #53, for example, I could see them going OL-OL or OL-WR and then taking Jones late 2nd. Trask I see as more of at late first early second pick.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I checked him out. He's also slow and immobile.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

If a Qb has time in the pocket he should be accurate or not be in the NFL. The ability to accurately make plays in or outta the pocket is also important and it helps the OL. IMO there's nothing flashing and non-crucial about being a complete Qb. Defenses are smarter, stronger and faster.

I've looked for film on Trask under pressure and can't find it. If have that type film, please share it.