Trent Dilfer breaks down Fields' performance against Giants.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Not sure if this has been posted already. I always appreciate Dilfer's analysis. As always, he's extremely spot on with his assessment. He addresses the wide open look to Mooney in the end zone, Fields' progressions, and the o-line.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So full disclosure, I admit that Dilfer is telling me what I want to hear and maybe that makes me more receptive, but his breakdown for both weeks have certainly made me feel better about Fields. I hope his analysis is correct and we’re seeing JF progress as, man, I really want the Bears to actually have a franchise QB for once.

Thanks for sharing the vid!

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
So full disclosure, I admit that Dilfer is telling me what I want to hear and maybe that makes me more receptive, but his breakdown for both weeks have certainly made me feel better about Fields. I hope his analysis is correct and we’re seeing JF progress as, man, I really want the Bears to actually have a franchise QB for once.

FFS, me saying Fields will be the Bears GOAT QB isnt enough?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Dilfer is pretty boring on the Monday football shows. He never really criticizes anybody and he says a bunch of cliches or sort of catch phrases. Certain guys are a little useless when it comes to analysis because they’re more concerned with maintaining relationships and being negative just doesn’t fit into what they’re trying to do. That’s Trent Dilfer. He never just straight up goes after another quarterback. He sugar coats everything. Everything is clearly said with the thought of wanting to stay on every quarterbacks good side.

Fields was a little better though. Maybe he can build on that.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I love this post. That first sentence is spot on and very “self aware”.

And yeah… absolutely hope his analysis is correct. We all want Fields to progress.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Dilfer is pretty boring on the Monday football shows. He never really criticizes anybody and he says a bunch of cliches or sort of catch phrases. Certain guys are a little useless when it comes to analysis because they’re more concerned with maintaining relationships and being negative just doesn’t fit into what they’re trying to do. That’s Trent Dilfer. He never just straight up goes after another quarterback. He sugar coats everything. Everything is clearly said with the thought of wanting to stay on every quarterbacks good side.

Fields was a little better though. Maybe he can build on that.

Nope, Dilfer is usually objective in his analysis. Srs question, were you in a coma during the entire Cutler era?

Last edited:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Not a fan of Dilfer, but when I watched the game back on "condensed version" I too thought I saw improvement early in the game.

I for one think that he needs to figure out who to sell play action better.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not sure if this has been posted already. I always appreciate Dilfer's analysis. As always, he's extremely spot on with his assessment. He addresses the wide open look to Mooney in the end zone, Fields' progressions, and the o-line.

Fucking love that dilfer called out PFF, who the fucking turd Fanboys of calling Fields a bust keep worshiping at the altar of.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Fucking love that dilfer called out PFF, who the fucking turd Fanboys of calling Fields a bust keep worshiping at the altar of.
He said they do a good job but don't know the assignments on the play or something like that. Hardly called them out

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I love this post. That first sentence is spot on and very “self aware”.

And yeah… absolutely hope his analysis is correct. We all want Fields to progress.

The thing is Dilfer doesn't have a horse in the race. He's not a Bears fan. He's an actual former quarterback who has played at the NFL level and understands NFL concepts a lot better than a bunch of data analyst guys.

You may just like that sentence as self-awareness because you trend the other way and dilfer is basically crucifying your ilk with facts.

None of that means Fields is not a bust, but it certainly calls into question the people who are eager to grasp at any old straw to try to make that argument at this juncture.

Where is the people who are simply saying it's too soon to tell are continually getting our points reinforced by people who actually have played the game at that level.

Between the two, I know which side I'd want to be with.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The thing is Dilfer doesn't have a horse in the race. He's not a Bears fan. He's an actual former quarterback who has played at the NFL level and understands NFL concepts a lot better than a bunch of data analyst guys.

You may just like that sentence as self-awareness because you trend the other way and dilfer is basically crucifying your ilk with facts.

None of that means Fields is not a bust, but it certainly calls into question the people who are eager to grasp at any old straw to try to make that argument at this juncture.

Where is the people who are simply saying it's too soon to tell are continually getting our points reinforced by people who actually have played the game at that level.

WTF?

Damn you’re one weird dude.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
WTF?

Damn you’re one weird dude.

I was talking football. Your only response is to call me weird. That alone says which one has the more grounded argument. I'd assume you'd have something better than to call me weird if you had an actual point.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

you don't side with anyone, you just take their opinions and try to pass them off as your own.

you don't even watch the games.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was talking football. Your only response is to call me weird. That alone says which one has the more grounded argument. I'd assume you'd have something better than to call me weird if you had an actual point.
you weren't talking football, you were talking about people who actually talk football