Trent Dilfer: "Jay Cutler is gonna blow up next year"

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
trent just said on ESPN that he thinks Jay will become a elite QB next year and be one of the most improved. Said seeing his demeanor change for the better last year and thinks he has matured and will really be one of the best QBs.

I have always though Trent Dilfer was the best QB play analyst. He really understands the position and articulates it very well IMO. He really has dissed Jay in the past but for good reason in terms of his play and decision making.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Huh, I'm going to go out on a limb and say... Dilfer has lost the Bear Fan...

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well yeah he said that becaise he sees a WR on the team. He was dissing him weith no WR and he was playing great football. I don't give a shit what Dilfer says.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Proof Hell froze over and the Mayans were correct and we're all going to die come December 21st.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dilfer = over rated commentator

Dilfer = over rated player

Dilfer = idiot

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
HOly fucking jinx!

For his next jinx, he'll get Cutler to be put on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

Fortunately, as a Meatball, I'd say fuck Dillfuhrer and already know that Cutler is gonna be an elite QB this year. :dealwithit:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Might as well start giving Jason Campbell all the 1st team reps in practice.... :smug:

Bongi

Liked Posts:
Yea I have never liked Trent Dilfer he has always talked shit about the Bears and have never given them any credit especially Jay Cutler. If you ask me Cutler is already an elite quarterback hes just never had the supporting cast to put up those kind of numbers. Look at Jays stats his last year in Denver number 2 offense in the NFL.

Soundwave_Superior

Liked Posts:
Cutler was tearing it up in the last 3 or 4 games before he got hurt. He finally found his groove. So now with Marshall, and Bennett, and no Martz trying to get him killed, yeah he should take a huge step up.

I don't know why Dilfer is trying to get on the bandwagon now though. Wasn't he ripping Cutler for the last few years? He must want Chicagoans to like him now for some reason.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
Meh. Most of those guys on EPSN are paid to have a certain opinion, and with more popular stars in the Bear's line-up it means ESPN will ride the gravy train when it suits them. Don't expect them to give up on their trolling, as they're just gonna troll less now.

ESPN is still shit. Dilfuhrer's opinion is less than shit.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
lol Dilfer has ripped Cutler the past 3 seasons. Now he want's to say he can be elite?

lmao.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuBs_gaimeI]Trent Dilfer take on Jay Cutler - YouTube[/ame]

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pefect example of the idoicy that is Dilfer...

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't know why that is lulzworthy. Cutler kind of sucked with the Bears until this past season, and now the Bears have a few more skill position weapons (Marshall, Bush) for Cutler to use (although the O-line is still porous).

So it makes sense for Dilfer to rip on Cutler and then change his opinion. That said, Dilfer was also a big fan of Mark Sanchez coming out of college.

No no, go back and look at the Youtube of Dilfer rippin Cutler... Dilfer wasn't rippin on Cutler's abilities, he was ripping Cutler the leader... Rippin Cutler's head and heart. Nothing has changed with Cutler to warrent Dilfer to flip to the Dark Side... He has had it all wrong from the git go. :kick: