Trevis Gipson

msadows

Liked Posts:
If you can find a taker for quinn this offseason I think you do it.

Gipson deserves a chance at a starting role. Quinn deserves better than to rot away on a rebuild.

That draft last year is looking great.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Gipson deserves a chance at a starting role. Quinn deserves better than to rot away on a rebuild.

I would much rather get rid of an injury riddled Mack at this point, than Quinn tbh....

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Friendly reminder that everyone SOME PEOPLE was on Bilal Nichols nutsack last year and while not bad.... he hasn't become the ProBowl player many were hoping for. My point being.... let's not crown his ass just yet.

There, ya bastards happy now? SOME PEOPLE.

Last edited:

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I would much rather get rid of an injury riddled Mack at this point, than Quinn tbh....
I’m sure teams are lining up for his 30+ mil cap hit for next year…

wait…

dennehy

Liked Posts:

wait…
Hi cap hit would be about $17mil if a team traded for him.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Friendly reminder that everyone was on Bilal Nichols nutsack last year and while not bad.... he hasn't become the ProBowl player many were hoping for. My point being.... let's not crown his ass just yet.
There were a lot of people on Bilal Nichols' nutsack last year? I don't remember that.

He's been a solid player but never close to pro bowl imo.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

wait…

If the Bears wanted to blow things up he's easily tradeable and the Bears take a giant cap hit next year. The team that GETS him has something like 17 mil for a hit. So much more reasonable. And the rest of the contract wouldn't be guaranteed.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:

Look at how good they have drafted since 2018. I'd consider only Miller and Ridley as busts for where they were drafted. Pace seems to have learned on the job.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There were a lot of people on Bilal Nichols' nutsack last year? I don't remember that.

He's been a solid player but never close to pro bowl imo.

How quickly you people forget. Yes, a ton. There were vids of him in training camp talking about getting paid this year. He was supposed to be a big ascending player this year. One of Pace's late round "hits".

From a Bears article:

"Looking to build on a breakout year, Bears defensive lineman Bilal Nichols has set lofty goals for the 2021 season.
"All-Pro and winning the Super Bowl," Nichols said. "

dennehy

Liked Posts:
How quickly you people forget. Yes, a ton. There were vids of him in training camp talking about getting paid this year. He was supposed to be a big ascending player this year.

From a Bears article:

"Looking to build on a breakout year, Bears defensive lineman Bilal Nichols has set lofty goals for the 2021 season.
Oh yeah right, a fluff piece from training camp by a Bears reporter quoting Nichols.

My mistake, you are totally right! the next thing you know you will quote from a piece that says people are excited about Justin Fields!

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
How quickly you people forget. Yes, a ton. There were vids of him in training camp talking about getting paid this year. He was supposed to be a big ascending player this year. One of Pace's late round "hits".

From a Bears article:

Pepperidge farm remembers. People want to pay him like $12 million a year to produce like blackson whose getting what 1-2 million?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pepperidge farm remembers. People want to pay him like $12 million a year to produce like blackson whose getting what 1-2 million?
Like I'm not making this up right? People had serious expectations for the guy this season.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Like I'm not making this up right? People had serious expectations for the guy this season.
Did "everyone?" I really doubt that.

I'd say the majority of people who actually pay attention to Bears football thought this whole year was going to be dumpster fire.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Yeah people love him here, I like him, but all he's shown is he's a nice rotational player at this point and pretty replaceable honestly. So if he's asking for too much he can probably walk. One thing pace has done over the years is find quality DL guys cheap.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Did "everyone?" I really doubt that.

I'd say the majority of people who actually pay attention to Bears football thought this whole year was going to be dumpster fire.

I'm not going to waste my time searching old posts but you've posted here long enough to know the sunshine pumping that happens here every offseason.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
If the Bears wanted to blow things up he's easily tradeable and the Bears take a giant cap hit next year. The team that GETS him has something like 17 mil for a hit. So much more reasonable. And the rest of the contract wouldn't be guaranteed.
But even then, who’s lining up for that contract on a player that age who hasn’t been able to stay on the field the past couple years?

Especially when, for now, the pre franchise tag list of soon-to-be available edge rushers won’t cost big money or draft picks?

Y’all are far more optimistic than me. I see a slightly less shitty Julius Peppers situation.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'm not going to waste my time searching old posts but you've posted here long enough to know the sunshine pumping that happens here every offseason.
From a quick search there hasn't been a thread started with his name in the title since October 2020.

So there may have been some but I'm not sure any more than anyone else.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
But even then, who’s lining up for that contract on a player that age who hasn’t been able to stay on the field the past couple years?

Especially when, for now, the pre franchise tag list of soon-to-be available edge rushers won’t cost big money or draft picks?

Y’all are far more optimistic than me. I see a slightly less shitty Julius Peppers situation.
Did you see what the Rams paid for Von Miller, who was three years older and only under contract for 9 more games?