Trevor Simien 2 yr deal

greg23

Liked Posts:
Last time Trevor Siemen won a game as a NFL starter......2017.

He's not good.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last time Trevor Siemen won a game as a NFL starter......2017.

He's not good.
I thought he played ok as a back last year. He had zero defense backing him up. He's just a backup...we aren't going to get consistent starter material in that position

Rise

Liked Posts:
So you were more comfortable with old man Foles as the backup? Yeah, nah. Not buying it

I’m not thrilled with Foles but yes I prefer him to simien. Now if we can get even a 6th for Foles I’ll understand the move. I also very much like the contract especially for next year, that’s a bargain price backup qb.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Nobody is paying anything for Foles.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Clearly this would signal that.

However....why? Whats the point of this? Unless you get draft comp back(doubtful, since no one wanted foles last year) you just swapped out the arguably the best backup QB in the NFL for garbage.

Maybe foles is requesting his release/trade? Who knows. Guess we will find out.
I have never seen Siemian play at QB2 level, not once...

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Is it too much to ask for a GM to draft/sign a quarterback who matches the same playstyle as the starting quarterback so they don't have to drastically re-alter the offense around a statue if/when Justin Fields has to miss some time?

This really feels like one of the worst starts to an off-season I've ever experienced as a Bears fan in a long, long time. Every single move this new GM has made feels like he's going out of his way to build a roster that is the least talented in the NFL. Everywhere you look he's getting rid of guys to replace them with worse players. I hate that we are putting Justin Fields through this.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I want everybody to go through the nfl teams and see how many could expect the backup to step in and win a few games...it's probably like 4 or 5 teams. Bears can barely win games with the qb1, I wouldn't be too concerned about the backup right now
Bears dont even have a roster to help QB1 succeed and people are bitching about a backup during a rebuilding year :ROFLMAO:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never even heard of this guy.

Nickname? T-Money Sizzle

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought he played ok as a back last year. He had zero defense backing him up. He's just a backup...we aren't going to get consistent starter material in that position
The Saints had one of the best defenses in the NFL

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Saints had one of the best defenses in the NFL
if you look at the games he played in their defenses didn't really show up.

they gave up 27, 23, 40, 31 in the games he started...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
This really feels like one of the worst starts to an off-season I've ever experienced as a Bears fan in a long, long time. Every single move this new GM has made feels like he's going out of his way to build a roster that is the least talented in the NFL. Everywhere you look he's getting rid of guys to replace them with worse players. I hate that we are putting Justin Fields through this.
I haven't been following this offseason intently because the Bears simply are not an interesting team, but from what bits I've seen...I completely agree. The coaching hires were a big let down. Without looking it up, I couldn't tell you who the DC is - it's been that lame for me.

Outside of signing Pringle, I haven't seen anything impressive. It's like we're going to have a roster full of bums and no marquee guy.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I haven't been following this offseason intently because the Bears simply are not an interesting team, but from what bits I've seen...I completely agree. The coaching hires were a big let down. Without looking it up, I couldn't tell you who the DC is - it's been that lame for me.

Outside of signing Pringle, I haven't seen anything impressive. It's like we're going to have a roster full of bums and no marquee guy.
You don’t watch the nfl in general and your lack of knowledge everytime you post is clear

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

Im not as doom and gloom as you are on this offseason, but the caliber and contracts of the guys Poles is signing almost looks like he is signing the depth/backups for future years and isn't worried about the product put on the field for '22. That or budget 1 year prove it deals. We'll see how much Bates got and if that follows the trend.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Beats…I mean Bears sign Trevor Simien to 2 yr deal per Mike McCartney

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It will free up about $2.5m on the cap is why, and Simien is a cheap backup for the next two years. Foles wasn't. No need to spend alot on backup when you aren't going to contend for much this year.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im not as doom and gloom as you are on this offseason, but the caliber and contracts of the guys Poles is signing almost looks like he is signing the depth/backups for future years and isn't worried about the product put on the field for '22. That or budget 1 year prove it deals. We'll see how much Bates got and if that follows the trend.
I'm holding off my judgment until after the draft. If Poles drafts a couple olinemen early I'll be more excited. Also a CB early would be great.

If he runs out and drafts WRs I'm going to rip my dick off. In typical Bears fashion, when they draft a WR he won't contribute much at all year one...and knowing the Bears luck, he'll be a complete bust.

Obviously my opinion is flexible, but the general guideline stands.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I'm holding off my judgment until after the draft. If Poles drafts a couple olinemen early I'll be more excited. Also a CB early would be great.

If he runs out and drafts WRs I'm going to rip my dick off. In typical Bears fashion, when they draft a WR he won't contribute much at all year one...and knowing the Bears luck, he'll be a complete bust.

Obviously my opinion is flexible, but the general guideline stands.
It almost looks like a certainty at this point one that of those 2nds is going to be a WR.

mecha

Liked Posts:
It will free up about $2.5m on the cap is why, and Simien is a cheap backup for the next two years. Foles wasn't. No need to spend alot on backup when you aren't going to contend for much this year.
it probably maybe makes more sense than signing Dalton to a lot of money when they already had the same guy in Foles on the team. I would think they'll try to deal Foles somehow.

cap geniuses, in year 3, would the team save more money cutting Foles vs. keeping him + the Siemian signing?