Trey Lance is a possibility

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Justin Fields and Lawrence will go top five but Trey Lance in the middle of the first round could be a steal.

TREYLANCE.jpg

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Oh the dick ripping potential on this is unmatched. Pace goes back to the small school well but this time with the QB???

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He will end up in the top 10.

Does anyone trust Pace to make a big trade up for a QB? A 1 year starter?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

NDSU has a game this weekend, then an 8 game spring schedule. Assuming he plays every game and doesn't opt out of the spring (which he could to prepare for the draft), he'll go into the 2021 draft (if he declares) with 25 career starts.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Also, it's worth pointing out....if Pace wants to move into the top 10 to get a QB, this may be the draft to do it.

Most of the teams in contention for the #1 pick so far, have either just drafted a QB or have a big money QB who's contract will be tough to get out of.

Cincinnati, Denver, NY Giants, Washington, Miami, and LA Chargers all just drafted QBs.

Atlanta, Detroit, Houston, Philly, and Minnesota all have pricey veteran QBs.

Obviously, if any of them other than Cincinnati get the #1 pick, they'll find some way to get rid of their QB and take Lawrence. But do any of them toss their QBs aside for Fields or Lance, who may not be as NFL ready? The Jets are a team that probably finishes top 5 and take the 2nd best QB if necessary. Maybe the Broncos as Lock isn't as highly regarded as the other young QBs for these teams. And then the 2-1 Browns if they tank with Mayfield the rest of this year. But good year to trade up for a young QB, if there ever actually is one.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I’ll trade with Houston. BOB is a worse GM than Pace.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

No, but I trust Nagy to hand pick until proven otherwise.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Its a legitimate thread. Foles, as well as he played yesterday, does not have career stats to suggest that he's a long term answer. Drafting a QB in the 1st round is not out of the question.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
No, but I trust Nagy to hand pick until proven otherwise.

Also, it's worth pointing out....if Pace wants to move into the top 10 to get a QB, this may be the draft to do it.

Most of the teams in contention for the #1 pick so far, have either just drafted a QB or have a big money QB who's contract will be tough to get out of.

Cincinnati, Denver, NY Giants, Washington, Miami, and LA Chargers all just drafted QBs.

Atlanta, Detroit, Houston, Philly, and Minnesota all have pricey veteran QBs.

Obviously, if any of them other than Cincinnati get the #1 pick, they'll find some way to get rid of their QB and take Lawrence. But do any of them toss their QBs aside for Fields or Lance, who may not be as NFL ready? The Jets are a team that probably finishes top 5 and take the 2nd best QB if necessary. Maybe the Broncos as Lock isn't as highly regarded as the other young QBs for these teams. And then the 2-1 Browns if they tank with Mayfield the rest of this year. But good year to trade up for a young QB, if there ever actually is one.

Definitely the year to do it while he sits behind Foles on a good team.

Bears have to be light years smarter as an organization at grooming a QB this time

My trust in Pace may not be as high as before but I do at least trust Nagy and Pace collectively

dakbear

Liked Posts:
No, I do not trust Pace to draft another quarterback. His evaluations are definitely flawed. He had a high evaluation on Mike Glennon and now the Trubisky fiasco. You cant tell me these mechanical flaws weren’t present in college. So you either drafted him because you did not recognize the flaws or you recognized them and thought you could fix them. Either way-it was not smart.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Bears have some front 7 defensive needs as well as needs at OT that could easily take that first round pick. With Foles under contract for a little more time, I have no problem re-tooling this defense a little bit while keeping Foles if he plays well this season.

Could you imagine this team with another beast next to Roquan, or another pass rusher next to Hicks or an upgrade to Leno?

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Kid is legit. Has all the tools, great touch, nice accuracy and can really throw the deep ball. Will likely go top 10 so like somebody already said, we will have to move up to get him. Cool name too

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Idk anything about this guy but if there is a legit prospect that the Bears can get in the 1st it'd be a much better situation to come into than what Mitch did.

If this season works out and Foles plays as well in this offense as we hope then he starts next year while a rookie sits and learns. Simialr to KC with Alex Smith and Mahomes.