Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I think we should ditch playbooks and just draw up plays in the dirt like the good ol days

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Great post. Everything gets real complicated in the NFL but sometimes its as easy as just taking what the defense is giving you.

greg23

Liked Posts:
He said the same thing in the eagles game with their coverage on Smith.

His description is basically the BHVWGHC and his ilk.....scheme/scheme/scheme....

These clowns would never run the same play X times in a row until the other team stopped it because its not part of the plan/scheme

As they use to say......it ain't about the X's and O's; its about the Willie's and Joe's

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I think we should ditch playbooks and just draw up plays in the dirt like the good ol days
this IMO is the crux of why nagy failed. there are times when i'm coaching i want discipline and for them to run a play correctly but frequently the initial play is defended or something goes wrong and at that point it becomes street ball and sometimes that's 1/2 of what the game really is..pulling it out of your ass. IMO Trubisky was a pull it out of his ass mofo and Nagy wanted him to conform to his militaristic I'm a genius offense....he was trying to turn Jimi hendrix into Al dimeola

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He said the same thing in the eagles game with their coverage on Smith.

His description is basically the BHVWGHC and his ilk.....scheme/scheme/scheme....

These clowns would never run the same play X times in a row until the other team stopped it because its not part of the plan/scheme

As they use to say......it ain't about the X's and O's; its about the Willie's and Joe's
Well ... that explains all the Bears' problems. There is not one single Willie or Joe on the team.

The closest the Bears have is Joel Iyiegbuniwe.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Matt nagys such a genius that it doesn’t even matter what the defense is doing. It’s irrelevant because Matt Nagy sets the stars in motion just by thinking it. Just ask him…you think he buys into the hype that he’s fired? Nagy doesn’t get fired, boys

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
this IMO is the crux of why nagy failed. there are times when i'm coaching i want discipline and for them to run a play correctly but frequently the initial play is defended or something goes wrong and at that point it becomes street ball and sometimes that's 1/2 of what the game really is..pulling it out of your ass. IMO Trubisky was a pull it out of his ass mofo and Nagy wanted him to conform to his militaristic I'm a genius offense....he was trying to turn Jimi hendrix into Al dimeola
I think the crux is that he had no ability to adjust, but yeah, on longer dropbacks once the QB starts to scramble you need your horses to know how to work their way open. It is less about the route at that point, and where you are relative to the QB.

Mitch will have another chance to prove with the right coaching, that he can be a capable QB. Here's to Fields getting a coach that knows how to organize his offense to fit the talent.