Trubisky Calls Out Offense After Win

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nagy has completely become the scapegoat for Trubisky defenders this year. His scheme works. It works in KC and in Philly, both of whom have scored much more points than the Bears but don't have the defense we do so have also allowed much more. The Bears don't have the personnel to execute the scheme, it's as simple as that.

You need a good QB and the right kind of tight end. The Bears have neither.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It has been 11 games. Nothing is being fixed this season.

You need to blood bath the offense after the season to reset everything. Coaching, personnel, there needs to be clear upgrades made and messages sent that this level of unit incompetence is not going to be accepted.

Hiestand
Ragone
Helfrich

Leno, if possible
Drops Gabriel
Shaheen
Burton, if cap capable

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Nagy has completely become the scapegoat for Trubisky defenders this year. His scheme works. It works in KC and in Philly, both of whom have scored much more points than the Bears but don't have the defense we do so have also allowed much more. The Bears don't have the personnel to execute the scheme, it's as simple as that.

People are trying to run Wentz out of Philly, saying he might not be the guy they thought he was. His numbers after his injury have slipped from MVP, Elite QB, Face of the Franchise, Future of the NFL, to just another QB somewhere in the middle of the pack. And everything is better in philly as far as the offense goes. Howard went from a rotational guy to the work horse. Alshon has always been a stud. Ertz is an elite pass catching tight end, we literally got his backup as our #1 and he quit football this year. And should I even compare Leno to Jason Peters at LT?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I mean, we have the worst running game in the NFL and no matter who starts I don't think that changes. A once strength of the offense is now the biggest weakness. As if the offensive guru taking away the best player on our offense was somehow going to set everyone else up for success.

Wake up man, we traded Howard, the WRs lead in drops, the playcalling is flat out nonsensical at times, we called a game where we threw 50+ times and ran the ball 7 times. 3 of them to a WR.

Feel free to protect your biased opinion. I gave Nagy equal praise and criticism last year, he handled Mitch and the offense well at times and forgot about Howard and Mitch Trubiskys legs at others. This year is on the HC. He made a pro-bowl alternate the worst QB in the league somehow. And Trubisky is actually doing things people said he wouldn't be able to do. he is reading defenses better. He is making deep throws more often. He is converting on 3rd and long. He is getting us in the redzone. Someone isn't helping his QB.

Nagy deserves blame for this season.

He did not make Trubisky bad this season. The NFL figured out Trubisky, they know he is a one read QB and he has no deep accuracy. Once NFL DCs know that you are screwed. That is why it was always about taking the next step for him and the next step was accurately reading defenses and making better throws.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
People are trying to run Wentz out of Philly, saying he might not be the guy they thought he was. His numbers after his injury have slipped from MVP, Elite QB, Face of the Franchise, Future of the NFL, to just another QB somewhere in the middle of the pack. And everything is better in philly as far as the offense goes. Howard went from a rotational guy to the work horse. Alshon has always been a stud. Ertz is an elite pass catching tight end, we literally got his backup as our #1 and he quit football this year. And should I even compare Leno to Jason Peters at LT?

People are angry with Wentz in Philly because they have very high standards.

In Chicago we are cheering a 69 passer rating against the worst pass defense in the league.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I mean, we have the worst running game in the NFL and no matter who starts I don't think that changes. A once strength of the offense is now the biggest weakness. As if the offensive guru taking away the best player on our offense was somehow going to set everyone else up for success.

Wake up man, we traded Howard, the WRs lead in drops, the playcalling is flat out nonsensical at times, we called a game where we threw 50+ times and ran the ball 7 times. 3 of them to a WR.

Feel free to protect your biased opinion. I gave Nagy equal praise and criticism last year, he handled Mitch and the offense well at times and forgot about Howard and Mitch Trubiskys legs at others. This year is on the HC. He made a pro-bowl alternate the worst QB in the league somehow. And Trubisky is actually doing things people said he wouldn't be able to do. he is reading defenses better. He is making deep throws more often. He is converting on 3rd and long. He is getting us in the redzone. Someone isn't helping his QB.
I didn’t read this because it’s probably stupid and too long.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
They went over that about 5 minutes after the interception on TV. The announcer (not me) said that interception was not on Trubisky. Miller had a step on his guy, would have been a perfect throw, but as Trubisky went into throw another receiver brought his defender right into the path who ultimately made the interception. Very sloppy.
Yeah, that was a bad play design or one of the WRs ran a really shitty route allowing the LB to drift off his guy to make a play.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You’re talking about one game against a bottom 3 defense. You’re seriously asking for bears fans to be happy with the shit QB we have. How stupid.
They’re still in love with his draft status and hype. He makes a couple nice throws and people think he still has a shot to be great. He’s a bad QB. 19 points vs one of the worst teams in the league and 6 of those points came off a TO that put the offense at the Giants 3.

Incredible that we learned nothing from the Cutler era. It’s always everyone else’s fault.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The games where he doesn't completely stink are games like yesterday and the Lions. Playing bad teams and still only putting 19, 20 points on the board.

I'll take decent production with a turnover or two over zero production and no turnovers, but the decent production needs to happen in games other than against bottom feeders and they need to score more.

The games against the Lions and Giants feel like two of his better games lately but they were both among the lowest these teams have allowed in points and production.
Completely agree. Production aside, yesterday's game is the style Mitch needs to play with, even if it results in an INT here and there. This 'ball protection Mitch' isn't cutting it.

Thinking about it, yesterday was the most '2018 Mitch' we've seen this season.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch can play like this the rest of the season and it doesn't matter.

You cannot pay what we saw yesterday.

Which means we need to start looking for the next guy.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Nagy deserves blame for this season.

He did not make Trubisky bad this season. The NFL figured out Trubisky, they know he is a one read QB and he has no deep accuracy. Once NFL DCs know that you are screwed. That is why it was always about taking the next step for him and the next step was accurately reading defenses and making better throws.

He's actually doing that though. He has been more productive and has put his team in position to win multiple games. Is the managing of the game really on him. When our FG kicker misses two 43 yard FGs to open a game is that his fault that he has to throw from behind all game. 5 trips to the redzone and 6 points? is it his fault that the running game is one of the worst in the league? is it his fault his WRs lead in drops? that Leno is the worst LT in football? that Cohen isn't what he was last year making guys miss? that his TE's 1 and 2 are both complete flops?

Tell me where does the accountability from the coach come in? he is expected to make up for all this? He doesn't throw down field? Would you if you knew that Leno was protecting you? I mean I'm not holding it for more than 4 seconds with that guy protecting my blind side. Most penalized and a turnstyle all year? But lets pass 50 times a game?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They’re still in love with his draft status and hype. He makes a couple nice throws and people think he still has a shot to be great. He’s a bad QB. 19 points vs one of the worst teams in the league and 6 of those points came off a TO that put the offense at the Giants 3.

Incredible that we learned nothing from the Cutler era. It’s always everyone else’s fault.

If he played any other position he would be labeled a bust and we would move on.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Maybe you're right, but I think that teams are catching on to the Reid WC type offense a bit. Look at how much PHI is struggling.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
I understood Mitch's comments to say, damn you receivers, don't keep dropping the passes I put into your hands.

That being said, Mitch seems not to be able to lob passes over defenders, overthrowing these, while also frustratingly underthrowing a lot of deep balls.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's actually doing that though. He has been more productive and has put his team in position to win multiple games. Is the managing of the game really on him. When our FG kicker misses two 43 yard FGs to open a game is that his fault that he has to throw from behind all game. 5 trips to the redzone and 6 points? is it his fault that the running game is one of the worst in the league? is it his fault his WRs lead in drops? that Leno is the worst LT in football? that Cohen isn't what he was last year making guys miss? that his TE's 1 and 2 are both complete flops?

Tell me where does the accountability from the coach come in? he is expected to make up for all this? He doesn't throw down field? Would you if you knew that Leno was protecting you? I mean I'm not holding it for more than 4 seconds with that guy protecting my blind side. Most penalized and a turnstyle all year? But lets pass 50 times a game?

You are over rating the issues around him to cover for Mitch.

The OL isn't good, but they are significantly better in pass pro then the run game.

Mitch putting the team in a position to win is a hollow argument as it is usually his play that has held them back and dug them the hole they then need to climb out of.

It sucks that Mitch sucks, but the sooner we move on to a real QB the better.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not really sure why so many people are interested in reliving the Cutler futility by continuing to hitch ourselves to a mediocre or worst QB.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Mitch throwing a lot of stones for someone who lives in a glass house. Let me know when he has a 90+ passer rating game against a team with more than 2-3 wins.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

OK, but here is where I bring up how SF is calling plays that better fit their QB and hope no one notices that SFs QB is miles better than #10.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Same “scheme”, yet Howard fits it fine in Philly but not here? Seems like the Bears got the worst of the coaches running that scheme. Sometimes I think Nagy doesn’t even know what he’s trying to do. Granted it might look better with a better QB, but I doubt that is gonna fix all that’s wrong with Nagy. He is gonna fail as a head coach this go around, unless he quits being so stubborn.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not really sure why so many people are interested in reliving the Cutler futility by continuing to hitch ourselves to a mediocre or worst QB.
For me I just assume the Bears wont sack up and make any changes this offseason. Therefore being hopeful Mitch turns into a serviceable QB is all I can do.