Trubisky Calls Out Offense After Win

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Nagy has completely become the scapegoat for Trubisky defenders this year. His scheme works. It works in KC and in Philly, both of whom have scored much more points than the Bears but don't have the defense we do so have also allowed much more. The Bears don't have the personnel to execute the scheme, it's as simple as that.

You need a good QB and the right kind of tight end. The Bears have neither.
This is kind of unfair. I think most look at this and see that trubisky is struggling at some of the most basic concepts of a qb, ie, footwork, accuracy, and reading defenses. But, he’s not being helped by a stubborn coach that won’t try to tailor the game to what he is capable of at this point.
it’s not always one or the other.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
If we upgrade at QB it should be in free agency, hopefully a veteran on a short deal. Give Nagy that immediate injection of QB talent to see if he can really get anything done.

We don't have the draft capital to get anything premium in the draft, and Nagy's leash is likely too short to spend time developing.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The way I see it, barring some hallmark Christmas movie type miracle, there is zero reason for Trubisky to be the unquestioned starter or cut next season. They should bring in a QB to compete next season, and draft one. Worst case Trubisky is a backup for one year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amen to that, modo. Did you read Phil Jackson's Sacred Hoops?

I never did. I always though Jackson was a bit of a hypocrite when he called sports talk mental masturbation and then proceeded to write a sports book.

I know it applies to more than sports but that turned me a little sour to him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still see the Bears keeping Trubisky. Anything you get on the free agent market is already going to be topped out and will not get the team a championship. So frankly there is no point to getting someone who may look incrementally better on the surface.

Trubisky still has the potential to be better, although his window to prove it in Chicago is next year.

Bears should still make plans this offseason to bring in someone other than CD to back him up. They should also take the opportunity to draft a QB if the potential is there in round 1.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
I never did. I always though Jackson was a bit of a hypocrite when he called sports talk mental masturbation and then proceeded to write a sports book.

I know it applies to more than sports but that turned me a little sour to him.

Yeah, I hear ya'. While I do like him and much of his philosophies, he did kinda lose some cred with how he handled the Laker's Coby/Shack feud and how he eventually left LA.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m sorry I wasn’t aware that Nagy, then oline, then Mitch and the rest of the group was making the wrong reads, missing wide open receivers, and constantly needing to have the offense scaled back for him.

Let me help you, Nagy idiotic play calling is evident to everyone except u and ur cheerleading squad...its a joke. Oline cant get any push and blows assignments left and right, if u have a hard time noticing that, try watching a game or better yet, the tape never lies. WRs are leading league in drops, running poor routes, which was pointed out by the brilliant Matt Nagy, and if u didnt see yesterday are running in the same area within 4 yards....if that is all Mitch's fault more power to you, I'll stick with the crowd that actually has the ability to see/think and come to the conclusion, Mitch is not the biggest problem. He isnt blameless but Nagy garbage scheme doenst fit.

Asking a young developing QB to overcome no run game, dropped passes, bad routes, horrible oline, a coach demanding you go through reads before u run, although that is ur game style, is a recipe for disaster....well except in ur world of QB

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy has completely become the scapegoat for Trubisky defenders this year. His scheme works. It works in KC and in Philly, both of whom have scored much more points than the Bears but don't have the defense we do so have also allowed much more. The Bears don't have the personnel to execute the scheme, it's as simple as that.

Can't wait to hear what everyone's excuses will be for Nagy when he drafts his QB and is still the same shit coach.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You’re talking about one game against a bottom 3 defense. You’re seriously asking for bears fans to be happy with the shit QB we have. How stupid.
No one is happy with Mitch's play.....we just realize he still has room to grow, unfortunately not under this bum ass HC and his garbage scheme.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

Trubisky is not a good QB, I 100 percent see that. He simply misses too many throws.

However, yesterday (and yesterday only) he was let down by the team. He was slinging the ball pretty accurately for the most part, but the Braunecker drop and the Robinson play being called back stopped him from having his best game of the season.

- Braunecker drop knocks out a 30 yard TD.

- Robinson play being called back knocks out a 60 yard play (and Robinson should not have been tackled on that either).

Count those 2 and he has himself a 3-4 TD, nearly 400 yard game.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
This is like when the biggest piece of shit in the doggy bag gets upset at the smaller pieces of shit for smelling.

Hilarious... although at this point I think the OL, blocking scheme and Playcalling are bigger pieces of shit than MT. With WR drops coming up fast...

We sure dont help this dude out and put him in positions to actually succeed..

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't wait to hear what everyone's excuses will be for Nagy when he drafts his QB and is still the same shit coach.
Its comical they act like this dude can call plays......where is the run game then? Why cant oline block his scheme.......hmmm. He had rode the coattails of a dominant defense and his garbage ass gimmicks no longer work...but hey it's just the QB lmao

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Its comical they act like this dude can call plays......where is the run game then? Why cant oline block his scheme.......hmmm. He had rode the coattails of a dominant defense and his garbage ass gimmicks no longer work...but hey it's just the QB lmao

Yeah, I don't think Trubisky is the answer. He still had a pretty "meh" game against a terrible team. And he threw 2 pretty bad picks. Although, funny how 2 receivers were basically in the same spot in the end zone on that first INT. Nagy's genius playcalling. If we just get all the receivers together in the end zone, one of them is almost certainly going to come up with that catch. #MattNagyOffensiveGenius

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Nagy is also the reason we don't score more points in the games we are playing well on offense like yesterday. Once he's up by 10+ points he goes into hoping the defense can win the game and not letting Trubisky throw. He did it yesterday. He stopped Trubisky from throwing on two possessions in the 4th quarter when Trubisky was throwing the ball well most of the game. KC and Philly don't have as good of defenses as we do and have HC's that love to put the points up and QB's that they trust but Nagy plays scared and doesn't put trust in his QB by letting him keep playing the game and throwing the ball and would rather put the game on the defense making the stops to win the game. We also once again had some big drops in that game especially the long throw to Braunk which most likely would of been a TD.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Nagy deserves blame for this season.

He did not make Trubisky bad this season. The NFL figured out Trubisky, they know he is a one read QB and he has no deep accuracy. Once NFL DCs know that you are screwed. That is why it was always about taking the next step for him and the next step was accurately reading defenses and making better throws.

Oh i see, so the NFL didn't figure out Nagy's offense they just figured out Trubisky but how the QB plays has nothing to do with the HC/Play Caller. Lol

Some of the shit the negative people post when they have all their focus on one area is hilarious.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Also, I'd like to point out that way too many people seem to think that everything is fine, except the QB. And that's just not the case. The oline sucks, we have no running game, we have no TEs, Cohen has sucked, every WR but Robinson has been inconsistent. No one is blocking. No one is executing. Everyone is dropping passes. People are running into each other, falling over each other, etc. It's just a comedy of errors.

So when all of that happens and people are like... "TRUBISKY SUCKS!" it's just extremely short-sighted imo. To ignore Nagy's hand in literally everything that has gone wrong is stupid and naive. To think he's a victim of everything around him goes beyond stupid.

Nagy and Pace are the engineers of this fail. Why don't people get that?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The games where he doesn't completely stink are games like yesterday and the Lions. Playing bad teams and still only putting 19, 20 points on the board.

I'll take decent production with a turnover or two over zero production and no turnovers, but the decent production needs to happen in games other than against bottom feeders and they need to score more.

The games against the Lions and Giants feel like two of his better games lately but they were both among the lowest these teams have allowed in points and production.
All true but it's about fucking time he took at least some control of this mess and a good thing overall. How do I feel about the offense's execution. I'm for it!

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
I just don’t see anything that gives me any confidence in Trubisky. You can look back, and I defended him. Bad blocking, WRs not open, no run game, bad play calls. But as the season as gone on one thing remains constant, missing reads and overthrowing. The QB needs to be consistent for an offense to work.

Even his lone TD pass was a bad pass. It let the defender get back into the play and luckily Robinson was able to stop, turn completely around and catch the ball.

Pace is the number one issue. He chose the QB, TE, and built the line.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hilarious... although at this point I think the OL, blocking scheme and Playcalling are bigger pieces of shit than MT. With WR drops coming up fast...

We sure dont help this dude out and put him in positions to actually succeed..

They are issues.

Mitch is still the turdiest turd on offense.