Trubisky / Foles together on a play?

Rhoads73

Liked Posts:
I'm not a frequent poster, and I need to admit I had a few drinks with my 85 year old dad today for Fathers day. We were talking about the QB competition, and were thinking about if Nagy might have some trick plays in mind with both on the field. It would definitely be more interesting than Trubisky / Daniels, right?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch lines up wide and takes an end around pitch from Foles, continues running but stays behind the line. Stops, sets and throws cross field to a wide open Foles who snuck(sic) out of the backfield with no one in front of him while every other catcher has followed Mitch to his side of the field, drawing the lines and coverage. Does Mitch connect while throwing against his previous momentum all the way across the field?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch lines up wide and takes an end around pitch from Foles, continues running but stays behind the line. Stops, sets and throws cross field to a wide open Foles who snuck(sic) out of the backfield with no one in front of him while every other catcher has followed Mitch to his side of the field, drawing the lines and coverage. Does Mitch connect while throwing against his previous momentum all the way across the field?

I predict a perfect pass to some fan sitting in the 3rd row.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like something Nagy would dream up and end predictably with a ten yard loss on third and five.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Could do something like Mitch lines up at WR, and does a motion jet sweep pass. Could be a decent short yardage play, Mitch can pick up 4-5 yards if he keeps, or give him 2 targets attacking the sideline to hit if the defense plays his run. Bears have already basically run this with Cohen.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could do something like Mitch lines up at WR, and does a motion jet sweep pass. Could be a decent short yardage play, Mitch can pick up 4-5 yards if he keeps, or give him 2 targets attacking the sideline to hit if the defense plays his run. Bears have already basically run this with Cohen.
And Mitch gets creamed, ends up with a season ending injury, and thus QB controversy solved..

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Waiting for the 5 tight end set.

Cheers and Happy Father’s Day!
That would be infringing upon my og offence called the blumpkin i designed a few years back i would sue

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope Nagy wouldn't be that stupid. One play and both QBs go down with injury, so begins the Tyler Bray dynasty...

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
And Mitch gets creamed, ends up with a season ending injury, and thus QB controversy solved..
Lets be honest here - if we're at the point where the team needs to be running 2 QB sets, we've already jumped the shark and the season is doomed.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Foles does have those sweet sweet hands...

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Jeff Joniak; wtf is this? 5 te's line up on the line of scrimmage, cohen at the y position, Mitchell lines up at the left, Foles at the right field, Miller's in the slot, Patterson appears to be taking the snap, robinson the II lined up behind CP, seriously? wtf is going on Thayer?

Thayer; My guess they'll either motion or call a timeout...

Jeff; Ball Snapped! wait where's the ball?!!!? oh never mind... it's a dead play. 4th down & 23 up next.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Jeff Joniak; wtf is this? 5 te's line up on the line of scrimmage, cohen at the y position, Mitchell lines up at the left, Foles at the right field, Miller's in the slot, Patterson appears to be taking the snap, robinson the II lined up behind CP, seriously? wtf is going on Thayer?

Thayer; My guess they'll either motion or call a timeout...

Jeff; Ball Snapped! wait where's the ball?!!!? oh never mind... it's a dead play. 4th down & 23 up next.

I have to give you credit for your elaborate batshit scenario. bravo.

runner up goes to the play being an inevitable false start.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is quick, but he is no Lamar Jackson, Foles is a decent QB, but having Trubisky on the field removes one of the other skilled players....

I hope if they do something like this that it accounts for 1 play...all season....

The reality is Nagy needs to focus on fundamentals, and if he is going to run some odd personnel package then give the Defensive players a shot, it worked with some success in 18'