Trubisky had a decent game today

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Not great and not horrible.

And we still sucked for 90% of our offensive drives.

So what does that tell you? Nagy and the offensive line are huge liabilities. This really is not for debate. I have been hard on Trubisky all year since Week 1. And he is not the answer. They do have to draft a new one. But when he has one of his better games... probably better than half the starters in the NFL this week... and we still suck on offense... THEN what does that tell you?

Nagy is so full of shit with everything he says after the game too. Don't even get me started with that. It's absolutely bull shit coaching. Same with the defensive side, although not on the same level as the offense.

I am all for a coaching change after this season.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Not great and not horrible.

And we still sucked for 90% of our offensive drives.

So what does that tell you? Nagy and the offensive line are huge liabilities. This really is not for debate. I have been hard on Trubisky all year since Week 1. And he is not the answer. They do have to draft a new one. But when he has one of his better games... probably better than half the starters in the NFL this week... and we still suck on offense... THEN what does that tell you?

Nagy is so full of shit with everything he says after the game too. Don't even get me started with that. It's absolutely bull shit coaching. Same with the defensive side, although not on the same level as the offense.

I am all for a coaching change after this season.
He played very well.

The coach cuffed him instead of keeping the pressure on. Playcallers decision.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I beg to differ, while there is no reason to believe that this helps Mitches chase that much, if you just look at this game by itself and just judge this game, it was a well played game. Some missed balls but no big mistakes and some very on target throws. The only thing I'd like to have seen was him scrambling more.
If he can start to stake some of these games, hopefully.... probably not, he can end the year pretty decently.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I agree. Mitch may not be the answer but unless we could get a QB god a different QB wouldn't be the answer behind the oline with Nagy calling plays either. I would even say if Nagy would pull his head out the offense as it is would be much better. If it was possible at any point to get an oline it might even work how Nagy wants it. But Nagy + Oline + young questionable QB is not going to cut it.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
He made some good throws. Lions are a bad defense tho...

Mitch needs to show consistency and string some good games together.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Mitch needs to show consistency and string some good games together.
Eh...bad defense or not, today he made the throws. Usually he misses 5 or 6 of those open receivers every game. He is not consistent and I don't think he ever will, but he was decent today.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Mitch needs to show consistency and string some good games quarters together.

Seems most of us are coming to agreement that there's multiple things wrong. There's not just ONE scapegoat that can even provide a "easy" fix. It's Mitch, it's Nagy, it's DEF OL!!! All need to improve.

I think Mitch is hurt the most by the OL and Nagy's cutesy calls, and isn't good enough on his own to overcome those two from being atrocious at times. Worse, Mitch doesn't know which plays will be decent and which are doomed before the snap.

Example:
Nagy...can't you at least do something to stop the weekly multiple drive-killing offsides penalties!??? Damn.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Seems most of us are coming to agreement that there's multiple things wrong. There's not just ONE scapegoat that can even provide a "easy" fix. It's Mitch, it's Nagy, it's DEF OL!!! All need to improve.

I think Mitch is hurt the most by the OL and Nagy's cutesy calls, and isn't good enough on his own to overcome those two from being atrocious at times. Worse, Mitch doesn't know which plays will be decent and which are doomed before the snap.

Example:
Nagy...can't you at least do something to stop the weekly multiple drive-killing offsides penalties!??? Damn.
The OL isn't tooled to run this type of offense.

Massie is a big heavy run blocker. Daniels is a big dude. Coward is an absolute monster run blocker.

The scheme doesnt fit the offensive line or QB

Last edited:

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch was improved. Playcalling was improved. Both still have room for improvement.
Yes, today seems to be where he is supposed to be, Though it was against the Lions.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The OL is tooled to run this type of offense.

Massie is a big heavy run blocker. Daniels is a big dude. Coward is an absolute monster run blocker.

The scheme doesnt fit the offensive line or QB

You mean to say it's NOT tooled for this offense?

or that Nagy's calling the wrong types of runs & pass blocking contrary to their strengths? I thought this OL was supposed to be quicker - hence switch of Daniels to C & Cody to G for the traps & pulls. Daniels looked lost at C tho.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

Example:

Well if he isn't good enough on his own as you say, than he basically is just "A Guy" behind center. Luckily the Bears haven't inked him to a 100 million dollar extension which seems to be the norm for NFL qb's these days so he has value and has a tradeable contract in the offseason.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
He’s much better when he has time in the pocket. Starting to think the o-line is more of a problem than Mitch.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I will say he was tolerable. He had a couple good drives, and no huge errors. But he was also indecisive a lot, held the ball too long, and got taken down easily for sacks (where did his elusiveness go?)

Not even close to "good enough", IMO...

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you take away all the time Nagy spent calling 5 yard passes into a defense that had 8-9-10 guys in the box, and just look at the drives where Nagy started calling downfield throws, one could say that Trubisky had a really good game..But as long as Nagy is coaching, we will be wasting half a game on what I call.."Nagy Nonsense"