Trubisky missed exactly one throw the whole game. Here's the real problem.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I just rewatched in the condensed version and I saw that the play calling was heavy towards the run game, and that Trubisky was good with the short passes, but he simply can not seem to connect on anything down field. He ended up 16 of 27 for 120 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs.

I'm not sure what is wrong, because he has the arm strength, but he can not seem to make the throws deep that we see every single team making .

Without the ability to complete a pass in the air behind the defender, we will continue to see teams crowd the box.

I'm not giving up on Trubisky yet, but his history of not being able to make the pass even close downfield, for the hope of a PI call or a completion is complete BS.

I remember last year Trubisky had a slow start to the season and I was saying the exact same thing, and that is not good...

I pray that Trubisky is a late bloomer, and that it will somehow click, but three seasons in, and I am beginning to think he will not be the guy.

I hate the comparisons to the other QBs picked with him, but at some point it starts to ring true that this team with Mahomes or Watson would be a SB contender. With Trubisky, this team is fighting for a Wildcard and likely 1 and done.

I'm not completely off the Trubisky band wagon, but he simply is not a play maker, he is a game manager.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
After 100 years of bad QB's (sans a couple), I am wondering when people will figure out that the Bears are just not good at QB play..If The Bears had drafted Tom Brady, he would have been traded after 3 years to some other team because he just wasn't cutting it

The Bears develop defenses and RB's, and are horrible at developing QB's. Thats a fact..Live with it...

msadows

Liked Posts:
Listen, I'm a Bears fan and I'm happy we got the W. I will say that on the most important play of the game, Mitch delivered. I can think of 3 throws at least that I know he wished he had back:
1. Gabriel
2. Overthrow of David Montgomery streaking down the sideline.
3. Underthrow of Robinson route on the final drive that allowed the defender to knock it down.

Nevertheless, the Bears win a tough game against a tough opponent.

Listen, I kinda think mitch is a bum now, but every QB, even mahomes, has throws in every game where they want back.

Issue is mitch didn't have any throws the defense wanted back, lol.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
After 100 years of bad QB's (sans a couple), I am wondering when people will figure out that the Bears are just not good at QB play..If The Bears had drafted Tom Brady, he would have been traded after 3 years to some other team because he just wasn't cutting it

The Bears develop defenses and RB's, and are horrible at developing QB's. Thats a fact..Live with it...

Should the Cubs have just said "hey, after 100 years we're just not good at winning World Series so we should just live with it?"

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should the Cubs have just said "hey, after 100 years we're just not good at winning World Series so we should just live with it?"
I am speaking as a fan,not from a franchise point of view..Of course they should keep trying, but some fans act like this is some sort of recent problem with our QB's..It isn't...The Bears are a defense first team, and we should expect that from them,.....Its who the Bears are

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Every QB makes a bad throw once in a while, but there's something off with Mitch. He doesn't look confident or comfortable in the pocket, as though the game hasn't slowed down enough for him.

A good QB can throw a receiver open and a good QB either throws the ball away when there's nothing there or scrambles out of the pocket to extend a play or gain some yardage. A good QB takes the game over and makes the defense adjust to what he's doing, but you don't see any of this from Mitch, at least not on a consistent basis. At this point teams are going to make Mitch prove that he can win the game and until then they will continue to blitz, apply pressure, shut down the run and focus on AR12 because Mitch doesn't seem to get past his first read.

I came into this season with high hopes for Mitch thinking he had shown enough progress last year to become an average or better QB, which is all the Bears need with a generational defense like they currently have. I'm happy we won yesterday, but they didn't win because of Mitch which is what this team is going to need to progress into the playoffs.

I am chagrined, deeply chagrined.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
No, if it’s thrown in front of him it’s a pick, period. Never should’ve been thrown at all, wasted down at best, disaster pick at worst.

From my memory, on the front shoulder is a catch not an INT. I can't prove it without access to film though

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The flag on Chubbs was BS, but, it didn’t extend the drive. It was on first down and the pass was complete and out of bounds. Yes they got the 15 yards, but people make it out to have saved a TO, have them a first when they’d be facing 4th or other bs.

Doesn't extending the drive include yards added due to penalties? If you have a different definition, good for you

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The league has adjusted to the Bears offense. The Bears offense needs to adjust.
Very true. The problem is we have a QB who never had to adjust in college because he was a one year starter and it's becoming clear that he just might not be capable of adjusting his game.

Nagy will have to adapt as he started to yesterday but this isn't going to be the 2nd year maturation that we were all hoping for but rather a regression and protection.

huggybear224

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
BS call on Chubb? I guess you must have missed the helmet to helmet hit.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that like hitting towards the left side of the bulls-eye but not a "miss"?

If it was towards ARob's front, it was caught and a first down. Period.
How about the DB just made a great play...end of story. If Robinson created more separation it's a catch...we can play this crap all day. And no QB in the NFL throws bullseye all game, wake the hell up

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
But they just-Fing-won.
I enjoyed the win but at the same time they won't be able to beat the good teams playing like that - especially with TruBUSTsky playing like that. I'm smelling a 7-9 season.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How about the DB just made a great play...end of story. If Robinson created more separation it's a catch...we can play this crap all day. And no QB in the NFL throws bullseye all game, wake the hell up

You said "It was slightly behind ... not off"

The DB that made that play was behind him. And he wouldn't have made the play if the ball was on the front shoulder, so that's kind of the whole point.

But yes *yawn* every QB in the NFL misses a throw here and there.

GOOD point, and one I NEVER thought of before.

Man, I'm wide the hell awake.... but falling asleep here during "Exercises in Excuses for Mitch version 9/16/2019". I gotta get some coffee lol

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The only throw he actually missed in this game was the one to Gabriel. Other than that, he saw the field and saw what I saw: Absolutely nothing was there.

Simply put, the wide receivers aren't getting open. I mean, they are really, really not open. Like, you could put high school WRs out there and they wouldn't be any more blanketed than the Bears' receivers on most plays.

And it's pretty bad when receivers can't get open in the modern game.

You'd sure better hope that Anthony Miller is a different player once he gets healthy, or this offense is doomed regardless of how Mitch plays.

This just isn't true.

Mitch was so god awful week 1 that Nagy chopped his balls off in week 2 and wouldn't let him throw more than a screen pass.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The DB that made that play was behind him. And he wouldn't have made the play if the ball was on the front shoulder, so that's kind of the whole point.

Man, I'm wide the hell awake.... but falling asleep here during "Exercises in Excuses for Mitch version 9/16/2019". I gotta get some coffee lol
Ur being a idiot. Ur talking about 6 inches...I could get a 2 ft by 2 ft stationary net and place it 10 yards away and u couldnt get one in there...yet ur complaining about a throw that was on the MOVING receiver, but toward his right shoulder.....if the DB doesnt MAKE A DIVING PLAY, it's a catch...get over ur "lets be critical about a throw that should have been 6 inches to the other receivers shoulder, with a DB bearing down from the other direction as well".

Ur comical at best on this issue, seriously. Have u ever even thrown a ball?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I am speaking as a fan,not from a franchise point of view..Of course they should keep trying, but some fans act like this is some sort of recent problem with our QB's..It isn't...The Bears are a defense first team, and we should expect that from them,.....Its who the Bears are
The fact they invested so much into the offense side of the ball, even if it is an epic fail at this point, tells me they don’t want to be a defense first team anymore. They don’t have a clue how to actually become a decent offensive franchise but at least they’re trying

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
There is something inherently wrong with the way Nagy has structured our offense.

Make no mistake, Trubisky isn't playing well, but our passing game shouldn't be this ineffective.

This idea that good QB's throw receivers open is utter nonsense. Great QB's can sometimes do that, because they can drop a ball with pinpoint accuracy right between defenders. QB's who can do that consistently are generational, not casual. 99% of the time, a receiver is schemed open or they outplay their coverage through technique or sheer athleticism.

You think Watson is throwing receivers open? Fuck no. Hopkins has one of, if not, the largest catch radius in football. Will Fuller is among the fastest receivers in the league and can get consistent separation.

Separation, catch radius. Two things I look at our receivers and seeing NONE of.

I was hoping to see more progression to this point, but keep in mind, that this point last year, Trubisky was struggling to throw against the worst team in the league in Arizona. Denver isn't a good team by any stretch, but they have arguably the best edge rushing tandem and a good secondary, plus a head coach who knows a lot about the system he was up against.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

9:19 mark

Here u go genius.....please tell us how #31 wasnt in the way to lead Robinson 6 inches more(ur mythical bullseye throw) and the ball should have been perfectly placed.