Trubisky ready to rumble.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
Yes, Mitch is handling this the right way - but unless he has an NFL defense to go up against and try to confuse the shit out of him, nothing he is working on right now actually addresses his main issue, which is seeing the field when an aggressive defense is in his face.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I hope Trubisky finally gets it this year, but they hype the 'getting better' stuff every year. Mitch is a very likable guy and has the potential to be big turnaround star in Chicago...heck in the whole leauge. But like always it's completely on him to save himself.

Everyone likes a comeback story. Especially, when it's a high character guy like Mitch.
Are you feeling ok? There is nothing negative about him in your post.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
It's not completely impossible he turns it around this year

My biggest gripe will always be the Bears drafting him that high and then not overloading him with weapons on offense from day 1 to build him and his confidence up early

Something this team absolutely has to do when it drafts their next QB prospect

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
All indications point to Trubisky taking this Foles thing the right way. He is being pushed and he is responding. He is studying more and practicing more. I think this will bring out the best in Trubisky and work out great for our team. Having to compete will push him, and he has not been pushed at all the first 3 years. Competition is always good. We started flat the last few years but i suspect we won't this year. This year the season starts long before the first game, this year by game one we will be in midseason mode. Trubisky will make or break this year. Picking up Foles was a great move. I'm expecting a hot start and solid season with playoffs.

this is the way it should've always been. There has to always be competition at the QB position. None of our Qb's should ever feel they can sit on the job and never improve or produce. We also need a hungry 3rd Qb to push the other two.

Last edited:

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Mitch has always had a good attitude and seemingly a good work ethic.

I'll believe he's a good QB when I see him play consistently well tho.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
My understanding is that Trubisky was not able to be accurate throwing to WRs during drills preseason 2019. Since QBs primary responsibility is throwing the football, I believe this would be the very definition of a deal killer. Deal killer for him to be an NFL QB.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
My understanding is that Trubisky was not able to be accurate throwing to WRs during drills preseason 2019. Since QBs primary responsibility is throwing the football, I believe this would be the very definition of a deal killer. Deal killer for him to be an NFL QB.

Pretty much, but the thing was that it wasn't that he was inaccurate - it was that he didn't even see wide open receivers if they weren't his first read.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
That would be all fine and well if he didn't have the processing power of an Intel 4004 (the first microprocessor, 1971). That's something that can't be fixed no matter how hard he works. It's too bad, he's got a lot of other inherent traits like work ethic, clutch factor, accuracy throwing from different platforms, and running ability. I don't think his natural accuracy is bad, as much as his footwork and confidence are bad. Without the ability to process and trust what he sees on the field, he's doomed to the backup role. Without his overall talent, he would have been run off the football field by his second season.

People who are saying this makes Trubisky dumb are ignorant btw. There are people who are intelligent, but slow thinkers. Slow doesn't necessarily mean dumb. The problem is in the NFL you get 3 seconds to process the field once the ball is snapped, and if you can't quickly go through your reads while quickly interpreting what the defense is doing, you're going to pay at this level.

I really don't know why GMs don't factor in charisma when selecting a QB. Charisma relies on the ability to think fast. Trubisky has the charisma of a damp rag. Mahomes and Watson were far and away more charismatic than Trubisky, and look how it turned out.

MontanaXXIII

Liked Posts:
The amateur retards still being Special person with the "one read QB" stupidity, I see (every single QB in NFL history went through his progressions...they just sometimes make wrong decisions while doing this).

Anyway, there's not going to be a season this year. Good news for Mitch if he gets another year after this one, because he'll have two off-seasons to work on his game.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
This is the same guy who would regularly stare down open receivers 5 yards away and then run into a sack because he was scared to throw the ball.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Pretty much, but the thing was that it wasn't that he was inaccurate - it was that he didn't even see wide open receivers if they weren't his first read.

This is inaccurate. He was also inaccurate.