Trubisky vs Fields

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Is there much difference between those two? After all they played under the same HC, facing the same opposition (divisional games) so far..

From Brad Biggs article..

'I asked Amos, who played for the Bears from 2015-2018, if he could compare Trubisky, his former teammate to Fields.

“I can,” Amos said. “I don’t want to.” '

Reading between the lines, there is your answer. They are very similar.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The difference is simple. Fields has the arm talent to succeed if he gets his head right. I never felt Trubisky did so even if he did get his mind right still don't think he would be a top end QB.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Is there much difference between those two? After all they played under the same HC, facing the same opposition (divisional games) so far..

'I asked Amos, who played for the Bears from 2015-2018, if he could compare Trubisky, his former teammate to Fields.

I watched Trubisky against the Pats yesterday...You know what? - He's still not good. And he's in a pretty-close-to-ideal situation in Pittsburgh: Solid organization, respected head coach, plenty of playmakers...And yet, he's still not very good. He is what he is.

With Fields, there is hope yet, but the lack of progress to this point is a cause for concern. I'll cut him some slack because he is in essence starting over this year with a new coach and OC and system, but the clock is ticking on him.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Different guys, different problems, both big question marks at this point in their careers.

I engaged in the Grossman and cutler wars, because there were a large portion of people who thought they were gold and everyone else was at fault.

Trubs and fields, there is no point in arguing.
They are taking the path all rookies take and they will either get it or not.

I am content to let everyone else argue possible potential if all goes perfectly right, while I sit tight and wait and see where it leads.

It isnt looking good for fields so far, but he has this whole season to show what he can be.
I will watch and see where he is 15 games from now, and be happy if he gets it or be ready to watch the bears draft the next guy in 23.
It is what it is at this point. He absolutely has to play the year out to see what he is.
No point in stressing out about it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Pace gave trubisky the tools to succeed he failed

Fields is being failed by two gms. Not saying if fields got the love dolphins gave their qb he would succeed I’m just saying it’s easier to call it if he at least got a legit player for the oline

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

He gave you nothing to suggest they are similar.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
We're getting ready to play a bunch of bad teams...Mitch could bum-slay teams like Detroit.

My suggestion is to take off the Bears Goggles when Fields plays these teams and stay objective. Is he really showing progress or are the Commanders blowing assignments?..etc.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Fields is way more athletic than Trubisky and has a much better arm. It doesn’t mean Fields is going to succeed because so much about being a great QB is what goes on between the ears. But there’s no real comparison between those two.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
We're getting ready to play a bunch of bad teams...Mitch could bum-slay teams like Detroit.

My suggestion is to take off the Bears Goggles when Fields plays these teams and stay objective. Is he really showing progress or are the Commanders blowing assignments?..etc.
news flash, we are a bad team. our roster stinks, especially on offense. especially at WR.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Honestly, you are an idiot

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Fields is way more athletic than Trubisky and has a much better arm. It doesn’t mean Fields is going to succeed because so much about being a great QB is what goes on between the ears. But there’s no real comparison between those two.
Fields can throw the Deep ball inbounds, Trubisky is a good athlete, maybe ? not to bright.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I keep remembering Fields' throw in his first preseason that everyone was ogling about.
I saw a pass with tunnel vision and an inexperienced QB not seeing the defender running in. I think a lot of his interceptions were because of just that.

But new coaches, bad coach for his rookie year. There's still some hope.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You forgot that FIelds has much more football smarts than Mitch has or ever will have.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
both have terrible pocket presence/feel
both want to bail too early and attempt to run to safety running themselves into sacks
both are too slow to read
both get the benefit of the doubt because they're good dudes

Fields is more accurate deep but can't process fast enough for the short game

Trubisky completed 21 passes yesterday, mostly outlets...he can survive in the league as a backup or low end starter because he can do the short game

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
What Biggs said on the Score was he thought Amos didn't want to say anything because he had nothing nice to say. (I'm paraphrasing)

That what I was alluding to. They both are not very good..

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
That what I was alluding to. They both are not very good..

I think perhaps they both have more confidence in their legs than they do in their arms.

It may even be justified....In Fields case, time will tell.