Trubisky vs Fields

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If Fields takes the shot 40 yards downfield and misses, people will bitch that he's big game hunting and not taking anything underneath. I get it, its a bad look but its one play and it seems to be 1 of maybe 2 plays in two weeks where he missed someone open. Maybe if they gave him more passing attempts that aren't all 3rd and long, we might see enough to not freak out over 1 play.

Don't build around him. Don't give him the right opportunity to prove himself. Great development. No wonder he looked miserable when the Bears drafted him. The next QB will be too.
Inexcusable miss to not see and/or take the shot to an epically wide open ESB which kept 7 points off the board but you defended and justified it incredibly well.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Inexcusable miss to not see and/or take the shot to an epically wide open ESB which kept 7 points off the board but you defended and justified it incredibly well.

The safety was even heading to EQ. Maybe if we had another WR on the other side of the field it would've worked for EQ to draw the safety and Fields throws to the other WR.
Balls don't instantly appear at the WR, they take time to get there, they have to be thrown beyond where the WR is when he signals a route change got him open like that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Poles wants to draft his own QB he doesn't seem to believe in Fields, he fell in the draft for a reason but can he overcame those reasons?
I think Poles would love Fields to succeed.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, even with the atrocious passing games in week 1 and 2, Fields averages over 33% more yards per passing attempt than Trubisky. Mitch was always willing to hit the check down, but he's never been particularly accurate on short passes and his teams poor YAC reflect that imo. I havent watched any tape on him in PIT because i got more than enough of Mitch while he was here, but im guessing a bunch of his short passes are either hospital passed, right at the sideline so the receiver cant turn up field, or are off target enough that the player has to leave their feet ot make the catch and not in stride.
This is it he is the same ole Mitch

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
i had to run to the store yesterday during the game and the Patriots announcers just think trubisky is horrendous, mostly talking about his technique and how he throws off his back foot etc... but the Steelers Oline may be worse than ours and Mac Jones was standing back there untouched for like 5 seconds of course he looked better...Mac Jones has what Trubs and Fields don't though he sees the field real time like a Brady or Rogers does

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The safety was even heading to EQ. Maybe if we had another WR on the other side of the field it would've worked for EQ to draw the safety and Fields throws to the other WR.
Balls don't instantly appear at the WR, they take time to get there, they have to be thrown beyond where the WR is when he signals a route change got him open like that.
If the ball came out on time and with even the slightest hint of anticipation, the safety would have had zero chance to get over there. Usain Bolt wouldn’t have covered that much ground

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Better delete this quick before you get called out for being wrong per usual

I've been waiting for years on Fields. He's still STILL one of if not the worst ranked starting QB in the NFL.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If the ball came out on time and with even the slightest hint of anticipation, the safety would have had zero chance to get over there. Usain Bolt wouldn’t have covered that much ground

And you would be bitching because Fields didn't see the safety and got picked.
What part of EQ changing his route to get open don't you understand? Fields couldn't throw the ball to a spot the instant EQ was open because that spot wasn't planned.
It's like I said, EQ not only had to beat the guy that was on him he had to beat the safety, or Fields had to assess the situation and throw to a different place than EQ was heading which requires a less than great WR to change the route not once but twice.
How about we get the players who can actually do all that crap before condemning our 2nd year QB who just got away from Nagy and a WR who couldn't stick on the team we were playing?

Why can't you be thankful that Fields did see the safety and that the team is practicing stuff like WRs adjusting routes and signaling to the QB that they changed the route?

Had Fields thrown that and got picked I would be saying he's hopeless and can't learn from a problem I saw with him in his first preseason.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Under Nagy.
Dick ripping everywhere. Oh why isn't our 2nd year QB in a new offense a GOAT!!!

If you want to crown him then crown him but I'm not going to blindly follow. He has to prove it on the field.

• Haha
Reactions: Myk

Enasic

Liked Posts:
And you would be bitching because Fields didn't see the safety and got picked.
What part of EQ changing his route to get open don't you understand? Fields couldn't throw the ball to a spot the instant EQ was open because that spot wasn't planned.
It's like I said, EQ not only had to beat the guy that was on him he had to beat the safety, or Fields had to assess the situation and throw to a different place than EQ was heading which requires a less than great WR to change the route not once but twice.
How about we get the players who can actually do all that crap before condemning our 2nd year QB who just got away from Nagy and a WR who couldn't stick on the team we were playing?

Why can't you be thankful that Fields did see the safety and that the team is practicing stuff like WRs adjusting routes and signaling to the QB that they changed the route?

Had Fields thrown that and got picked I would be saying he's hopeless and can't learn from a problem I saw with him in his first preseason.
Lotta ifs here. I think it’s much more likely he gets it completed than the S getting over there and picking it off. Based on Flus’s answer about this play specifically, I think he would also have liked to see Fields see it a bit earlier and make the attempt

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
He didn't play in College? Who knew.

Remember when he played good defenses like Alabama and Northwestern?
So he had 2 bad games in college? Wow, earth shattering news.

He hasn't even thrown 300 passes in the pros, has not even played in one season's worth of games.

Here's Josh Allen from his first 2 years. The Bills worked to develop him and now he's an elite QB. They didn't give up on him after his 1st season where he threw 10 tds and 12 ints while completing less than 53% of his passes. The Bills let him make mistakes and grow.