Trubisky vs Fields

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So he had 2 bad games in college? Wow, earth shattering news.

He hasn't even thrown 300 passes in the pros, has not even played in one season's worth of games.

Here's Josh Allen from his first 2 years. The Bills worked to develop him and now he's an elite QB. They didn't give up on him after his 1st season where he threw 10 tds and 12 ints while completing less than 53% of his passes. The Bills let him make mistakes and grow.

Josh Allen showed improvement Justin Fields doesn't seem to be improving in year two. Allen came from a small school as well JF had a major advantage but is under preforming.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If you want to crown him then crown him but I'm not going to blindly follow. He has to prove it on the field.

I'm certainly not crowning him. I expect him to be gone after his 4th year. My hope is we build the offense for him to succeed so his replacement has a chance to.
I'm just not condemning him because 2 of our GMs he was under didn't think an oline or WRs were important.

Lotta ifs here. I think it’s much more likely he gets it completed than the S getting over there and picking it off. Based on Flus’s answer about this play specifically, I think he would also have liked to see Fields see it a bit earlier and make the attempt

Lots of ifs for you to. My if is not only based on common football sense but a problem Fields has shown in the past.

When it's our safety that comes forward out of position we blame our safety for the TD. When their safety stays in position we either blame our QB for not seeing the open guy who wasn't really open or we blame our QB for throwing a pick he should've known better than to throw.

Fields has missed those players to his left waiting to pounce even this year. That he saw the safety is an improvement.
It didn't look to me like he didn't see it as soon as it was happening. Looked to me like he decided it wasn't a safe throw.

I would like to see Getsy or Flus adjust that route adjustment plan to consider that there's most likely a safety back there and instead of calling off a curl and going straight down field turn it towards the sidelines.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

He hasn't even thrown 300 passes in the pros, has not even played in one season's worth of games.

Here's Josh Allen from his first 2 years. The Bills worked to develop him and now he's an elite QB. They didn't give up on him after his 1st season where he threw 10 tds and 12 ints while completing less than 53% of his passes. The Bills let him make mistakes and grow.

Josh Allen is an extreme outlier with his development. In recent history, can you point to another QB who was bad their first 2 seasons and then became elite in their 3rd? It’s not common. That’s not to say Fields can’t take the same path, but it’s certainly not a given

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I'm certainly not crowning him. I expect him to be gone after his 4th year. My hope is we build the offense for him to succeed so his replacement has a chance to.
I'm just not condemning him because 2 of our GMs he was under didn't think an oline or WRs were important.

Lots of ifs for you to. My if is not only based on common football sense but a problem Fields has shown in the past.

When it's our safety that comes forward out of position we blame our safety for the TD. When their safety stays in position we either blame our QB for not seeing the open guy who wasn't really open or we blame our QB for throwing a pick he should've known better than to throw.

Fields has missed those players to his left waiting to pounce even this year. That he saw the safety is an improvement.
It didn't look to me like he didn't see it as soon as it was happening. Looked to me like he decided it wasn't a safe throw.

I would like to see Getsy or Flus adjust that route adjustment plan to consider that there's most likely a safety back there and instead of calling off a curl and going straight down field turn it towards the sidelines.
Fair enough, although, I think it was much safer throw than the INT that he did throw. He had a chance to take a shot to ESB who is a huge and fast WR, but he hesitated and gave the safety time to recover and then realized it was too late. The great QBs are hitting that all day

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Josh Allen is an extreme outlier with his development. In recent history, can you point to another QB who was bad their first 2 seasons and then became elite in their 3rd? It’s not common. That’s not to say Fields can’t take the same path, but it’s certainly not a given
I'm not saying he'll become an MVP candidate. I'm saying the Bills let him make mistakes and grow. They let him develop.

We have no idea what Justin Fields is as a QB. Last year he was coached as if he was Andy Dalton - the polar opposite of his playing style. So far this season, he's had a monsoon game and a run heavy gameplan with a 1st time offensive coordinator. It's impossible to say at this point with any certainty what he is as a QB after less than 300 career passes.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying he'll become an MVP candidate. I'm saying the Bills let him make mistakes and grow. They let him develop.

We have no idea what Justin Fields is as a QB. Last year he was coached as if he was Andy Dalton - the polar opposite of his playing style. So far this season, he's had a monsoon game and a run heavy gameplan with a 1st time offensive coordinator. It's impossible to say at this point with any certainty what he is as a QB after less than 300 career passes.
I don’t disagree. I think we need to do major improvements as the season goes along though. Not MVP level, but he has to at least play like an average-ish QB

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fair enough, although, I think it was much safer throw than the INT that he did throw. He had a chance to take a shot to ESB who is a huge and fast WR, but he hesitated and gave the safety time to recover and then realized it was too late. The great QBs are hitting that all day
He's been hesitant to pull or is not seeing it correctly yet. I'd rather he learn with fuck ups or success than not pull the trigger.

Reactions: Myk

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Comparing his ability to read the field like Rodgers and Brady? Way to miss the point again you boomer reetard.

It's comparable he's not on that level but he's making progress every game.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Saying Flus doesn't care about offensive line or WR is stupid? He just choose to to ridiculously overpay or trade away draft picks.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That's the first accurate thing you've typed

Saying Fields need to prove his worth on the field isn't accurate? Stop blindly following Bears QB they get it done or they don't. No excuses.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So you were waiting for him to be the Bears franchise QB before he was a Bear?:rolleyes:

Yeah he was my guy before the draft but he hasn't lived up to the hype.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Saying Fields need to prove his worth on the field isn't accurate? Stop blindly following Bears QB they get it done or they don't. No excuses.
Idk that I've even defended fields in this thread. Just calling out stupid statements you make, one after another. You set up stupid statements well with previous ones. Good work.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:

I still can’t believe how good he is now when i see him compared to his first two years.