Trubisky vs Fields

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
"I get that but they aren't similar. Players being bad doesnt make them similar, its just a dumb generalization."

Similarly bad. How about that, does this meet your approval, buttercup? ;)

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Isn't that the opposite of what everyone here is saying? He went short and held the ball for that, deep was open sooner.

I assume Getsy hung him out and said 19 was the call and this isn't someone Monday quarterbacking with no idea what he was told. We have no idea how much freedom he has. That may be that he as too much of a cure for that early tunnel vision I saw.

I mean I watched Big Ben staring down his first read, holding the ball way too long waiting for the first read to get open and people are calling him to the HOF. If it works HOF, if it doesn't, bum. I've also heard the talking head color guy speaking matter of factly about calls they couldn't possibly know. Only a few people know what went on and hopefully it is taken care of in the film room, or if as blatant as the Monday QBs think, on the sidelines.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Fields takes the shot 40 yards downfield and misses, people will bitch that he's big game hunting and not taking anything underneath. I get it, its a bad look but its one play and it seems to be 1 of maybe 2 plays in two weeks where he missed someone open. Maybe if they gave him more passing attempts that aren't all 3rd and long, we might see enough to not freak out over 1 play.

Don't build around him. Don't give him the right opportunity to prove himself. Great development. No wonder he looked miserable when the Bears drafted him. The next QB will be too.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is in year 6. I watched him against NE yesterday, he's not terrible, he just can't make the throws with enough consistency. He's a top level backup, but he's not a starter.

We'll see on Fields, but honestly, it just seems like he never really makes plays unless the play has broken down. I'm not high on him rn, but we'll see.

I agree with the overall message of your post.
Fields is pretty good when the play breaksdown, but pretty terrible when it doesnt.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Is there much difference between those two? After all they played under the same HC, facing the same opposition (divisional games) so far..

From Brad Biggs article..

'I asked Amos, who played for the Bears from 2015-2018, if he could compare Trubisky, his former teammate to Fields.

“I can,” Amos said. “I don’t want to.” '

Reading between the lines, there is your answer. They are very similar.
Really? This shit again?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Fields takes the shot 40 yards downfield and misses, people will bitch that he's big game hunting and not taking anything underneath. I get it, its a bad look but its one play and it seems to be 1 of maybe 2 plays in two weeks where he missed someone open. Maybe if they gave him more passing attempts that aren't all 3rd and long, we might see enough to not freak out over 1 play.

Don't build around him. Don't give him the right opportunity to prove himself. Great development. No wonder he looked miserable when the Bears drafted him. The next QB will be too.

It’s been more than that. And it’s been going on since camp started. Actually it’s been going on since college when he WAS surrounded by elite talent. He has been exactly who the draft bios said. Phenomenal athlete. Phenomenal arm. Slow to process.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It’s been more than that. And it’s been going on since camp started. Actually it’s been going on since college when he WAS surrounded by elite talent. He has been exactly who the draft bios said. Phenomenal athlete. Phenomenal arm. Slow to process.
i wasn't talking about processing. I was, and have been talking about WRs being open. A claim that has been said multiple times over the past week. This is the first video shown where you can see them open and that's what i keep asking for.

When he was surrounded by elite talent he was a Heisman finalist. Maybe actually giving him good players would help? Weird i know but its worth a shot. Worst case scenario he is a bust and the next QB has good players to throw to and play behind.

Or just don't do anything and hope it gets better. 'No Way To Prevent This,' Says Only Team Where This Regularly Happens.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amos’s talents are wasted on the field! If only we would’ve known he was the pinnacle of QB assessment and gauging talent we could have pushed him immediately into a scouting role!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
i wasn't talking about processing. I was, and have been talking about WRs being open. A claim that has been said multiple times over the past week. This is the first video shown where you can see them open and that's what i keep asking for.

When he was surrounded by elite talent he was a Heisman finalist. Maybe actually giving him good players would help? Weird i know but its worth a shot. Worst case scenario he is a bust and the next QB has good players to throw to and play behind.

Or just don't do anything and hope it gets better. 'No Way To Prevent This,' Says Only Team Where This Regularly Happens.

What’s the big off-season move you wanted them to make?

Speed

Liked Posts:
It's like picking between having the flu or explosive diarrhea at work.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What’s the big off-season move you wanted them to make?
There was no big off-season move they really could have made. I would have been fine with some so-so moves. JuJu. Chark. Landry.
Do you think they did anything notable to help Fields? First time OC aint it. Day 3 lineman aint it. Dante Pettis and ESB aint it.

There is a reason why many people who cover the league said Fields has no shot. Cast matters for young and developing QBs.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There was no big off-season move they really could have made. I would have been fine with some so-so moves. JuJu. Chark. Landry.
Do you think they did anything notable to help Fields? First time OC aint it. Day 3 lineman aint it. Dante Pettis and ESB aint it.

There is a reason why many people who cover the league said Fields has no shot. Cast matters for young and developing QBs.

Then why are you whining about it?

I’ll give you a move I would have liked…. Amari Cooper for this year’s 3rd. I’d gladly rather have Cooper over Velus.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The Safety is over top doing the job of the Safety, you football pinheads.
How can you be a fan of the Bears and not know that?
If it's our Safety going somewhere else you can spot that they went out of position and we get burned for a TD because of it. If it's ours or their QB who makes that throw and gets picked you can spot exactly why they got picked doing it.
But when it's our QB who sees the safety staying in position and doesn't throw the interception you condemn him for missing an open WR.
The WR wasn't open! It was an interception set up. A very basic one at that.

Jesus, I'm not even a football savant and know that one. Making a similar throw in his first preseason had many of you whacking because it was caught while I was saying he had tunnel vision and it wasn't double coverage it was triple coverage by the time the ball got to the WR.
Fields not making that pass was proof that he has learned something.

If you dig through those tweets you'll also find the rest of the story. 19 said the hand wave was that he changed his route, but it was the first time it had come up. Fields seeing the Safety there and not making the throw was the right thing for a QB at the start of their 2nd year.
Maybe with experience 19 changes the route, Fields sees the safety and can judge where he needs to throw to avoid getting intercepted and 19 adjusts again. But that's asking an awful lot from Fields at his present level and EQB's ability right now.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Then why are you whining about it?

I’ll give you a move I would have liked…. Amari Cooper for this year’s 3rd. I’d gladly rather have Cooper over Velus.
Im not. I didn't say they should have made a big off-season move. You asked.

I wanted them to do more. More doesn't mean big splash. More could be better than 5th string WRs, day 3 lineman, kick returns who are gadget receivers and first time play callers. and this isn't some playing the result complaint. This is something i have said every step of the way. This isn't how you develop young QBs. I know you dont care because you already have up on Fields last season, but some of us still want him to be good and arent ready for them to draft another QB after not even a full season of starts.

DreamTheater

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Trubs had a much better team around him. That being said, I'm getting bored watching Fields struggle

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
They both suck at throwing within the pocket. Trubisky never had the issue of holding on to the ball for so ungodly long like Fields, though.

Fields is athletically superior and has a slightly better arm, but, like Trubisky, he doesn't look comfortable throwing it unless he's ad-libbing and on the move.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts: