Trubisky vs Fields

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
But he had those bad games! :rolleyes: You're burning both ends on this one,

It should of been a red flag but I went full homer and like I said let the QB's play do the talking.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Yep, even with the atrocious passing games in week 1 and 2, Fields averages over 33% more yards per passing attempt than Trubisky. Mitch was always willing to hit the check down, but he's never been particularly accurate on short passes and his teams poor YAC reflect that imo. I havent watched any tape on him in PIT because i got more than enough of Mitch while he was here, but im guessing a bunch of his short passes are either hospital passed, right at the sideline so the receiver cant turn up field, or are off target enough that the player has to leave their feet ot make the catch and not in stride.
Are you sure you have not watched him with Pitt? :smug2:

I watch week one and the only pass that he seems capable of making are the one over the middle that are flat, he has no touch, and is unable to make deep passes accurately. So no change....

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The great QBs are hitting that all day

Yes, I would expect Peyton F Manning to make that throw every time safety or no safety. We have a 2nd year QB who spent his first year with Nagy. I wouldn't even expect 2nd year Peyton F Manning to make it.
Give him time. It's not like he's going anywhere. This year is what it is. Hopefully the oline has some talent and can start meshing. Hopefully we get some WRs who won't take 2 years to show who they are.

Saying Flus doesn't care about offensive line or WR is stupid? He just choose to to ridiculously overpay or trade away draft picks.

Flus??? Pace and Poles did that. Even if we went D with the 2nds because it was a deal Flus made to take the job that still falls on Poles.

There was no trading or paying involved. We used our 2 2nd rounders on defense when we have a 2nd year QB who needs a lot of help. The holes were no less on offense than defense and the players available to fill the holes were no better or worse for one side or the other, they weren't top 10 1st round picks.
And here's the thing, even if we did get a good WR with one of those picks they wouldn't likely be lighting the field on fire yet because much like our 2nd year QB these things take time. You're going from around 1,000,000 high school players to 100,000 college players to 1,000 NFL players. The concentration of talent is big each step of the way.

It should of been a red flag but I went full homer and like I said let the QB's play do the talking.

I haven't gone full homer. I saw him tunnel visioning defense to his left his first preseason and said if he doesn't fix that he's not going to work. So when I see him not throwing to an open EQ because there's a safety to the left I see someone who's making improvement.
Much like Trubisky Fields is our QB and damning if he does, damning if he doesn't serves no purpose. The new QB carousel makes one revolution every 4 years, get used to it.

If you want to bitch about something that needs changed ASAP bitch about not getting him the tools to possibly succeed (which is all but too late now).

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
“I can,” Amos said. “I don’t want to.” '

Reading between the lines, there is your answer. They are very similar.
So what part of "I can" made you read between the lines and think they are similar?

Reactions: Myk

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
So what part of "I can" made you read between the lines and think they are similar?
The fact that he didn't want to elaborate tell me all I want to hear. They both similarly bad.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The fact that he didn't want to elaborate tell me all I want to hear. They both similarly bad.
...? I mean I guess you can interpret things however you want. I'm guessing Amos is just a guy who doesn't talk down about opposing players, whether it was mitch, Justin or both

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Comparing his ability to read the field like Rodgers and Brady? Way to miss the point again you boomer reetard

it's a totally valid point, you little kids just haven't watched enough football to know what you're talking about.

Mac Jones gets the ball out within .07 seconds of Aaron rogers, by far the fastest of the 2nd year QBs....guess who is a full second slower and the slowest in the league at getting the ball out?

Jimmy G is top 3, even with limited arm talent he has managed to appear in a Superbowl and damn near made another last year

maybe you should put money where your constant running diarrhea mouth is and tell me that Fields will have a higher QB rating at the end of the year than Mac Jones, a higher completion percentage, more yards ...you name the stat since you're such a smart little kid with your vast experience watching football

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
it's a totally valid point, you little kids just haven't watched enough football to know what you're talking about.

Mac Jones gets the ball out within .07 seconds of Aaron rogers, by far the fastest of the 2nd year QBs....guess who is a full second slower and the slowest in the league at getting the ball out?

Jimmy G is top 3, even with limited arm talent he has managed to appear in a Superbowl and damn near made another last year

maybe you should put money where your constant running diarrhea mouth is and tell me that Fields will have a higher QB rating at the end of the year than Mac Jones, a higher completion percentage, more yards ...you name the stat since you're such a smart little kid with your vast experience watching football
Let’s compare their skill players and OL. I’ll hang up and listen!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ll give you a hint, in 2021 the patriots ranked in the top 10 OL, the bears were around 25 propped up by Jason Peters corpse. If not for him would most likely have been 30-32.

2022 idk the standing, but I’d be willing to be they’re similar if not worse for Chicago.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
invalid take, the Patriots Oline doesn't have a dude taking 3.5 seconds to get rid of the ball
Mac Jones 2 games with 6 sacks. Sounds like Mac Jones holds the ball too long! Cant process the field! Refuses to check down! It couldn't possibly be that sometimes the OL just sucks and the QB has to try and make plays. @TexasBearfan @TexasBearfan @TexasBearfan

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins