CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Gruden stole Mitch’s soul and Club Dub. Fn prick

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just wanted to say thank you @Novak for making this thread.

I was totally going to do the same thread but then I chose not to because I thought i would be accused of being a mitch hater or somehow disloyal to the bears. Or trying to make Pace look bad for not choosing Watson.
But really, it was just an awesome play I dont think any QB in the NFL has ever made, and yeah, something Mitch definitely couldn't do and probably shouldn't try.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Wilson is the only one that might be outpacing him.

Mahomes needs to get back on the field.

Watsons team and coaching situation is soooo bad, he's essentially being asked to play hero ball week in and week out. He's going to drag his bum ass coach to the playoffs lol.
To be honest, both the Texans and Chiefs are lucky they are in the AFC this year. Their teams besides the QB are not that good and most likely would miss the playoffs in the NFC.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
And yeah, not sure why @didshereallysaythat is leaving out all of Watsons rushing production, but whatever.
Ok, if we factor in total TDs, Watson has the most at 21 followed by 20 by Wilson.

5 INT to 1 though is what makes me give the nod though to the players I listed. No doubt though that Watson is having an outstanding year.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok, if we factor in total TDs, Watson has the most at 21 followed by 20 by Wilson.

5 INT to 1 though is what makes me give the nod though to the players I listed. No doubt though that Watson is having an outstanding year.

While I agree their seasons are overall as good as Watson's, in general I'll take high production with some ints over less of both.

A TD is 7 points on the board. An int is a change of possession. It can end up resulting in -7 but it usually doesn't.

I'd rather have 10 tds with 4 ints than 7 tds with 1 int, even though the latter has a better ratio.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
While I agree their seasons are overall as good as Watson's, in general I'll take high production with some ints over less of both.

A TD is 7 points on the board. An int is a change of possession. It can end up resulting in -7 but it usually doesn't.

I'd rather have 10 tds with 4 ints than 7 tds with 1 int, even though the latter has a better ratio.
I would agree with that. Unless they are getting the TDs in garbage time, which obviously is not the case with any of them.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I would agree with that. Unless they are getting the TDs in garbage time, which obviously is not the case with any of them.
Or Doinky Parkey is on the team. You only count 6 points.

bugg

Liked Posts:
They kept showing this game on redzone since it was the late window and what was even more remarkable was after the TD/injury, Watson went into the blue tent, and when they got the ball back minutes before the clock ran out, Watson came back out of the tent and went threw a critical first down to end the game

DanTown

Liked Posts:

Watson's 5 picks
- On 3&8, would have been 46 yards of field position but for Hopkins late hit on the return
- 4&1 at the 40 into the end zone where Fuller falls down
- 3&G from the 15, gave Hopkins a jump ball and he never found ball, one handed pick
- Late to the sideline, inaccurate
- Hit the WR square in the hands, dropped into the hands of the LB on a great pick

That's 5 INT, at worst 3 (most likely 4) of which were good decisions considering the play call + defense called + the WR he's throwing to.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
The Michael Jordan of football.

Mahomes we did not see coming. But this guy was sitting there as a National Championship hero saying “pick me Bears... pick me”. There is no f*ckin way this guy should not be the Bears QB.

Hes had 2 ACL tears and an LCL tear.

Every year after his rookie season he's likely to get injured more not less.

I like him but if he dont win one quick he likely wont be around.

Look at Cam

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I was so disappointed when Pace didn’t draft Watson. Trading up for Trubisky is like the Chargers somehow trading ahead of the Colts to get Ryan Leaf. I tried to get behind Mitch, but he is such a fucking disappointment. Open the playbook up, let him burn alive on the field and leave no question about how much of a gigantic fuckup Pace made.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
The Michael Jordan of football.

Mahomes we did not see coming. But this guy was sitting there as a National Championship hero saying “pick me Bears... pick me”. There is no f*ckin way this guy should not be the Bears QB.
I saw mahomes... Watson is overrated.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Is there a QB, that has an amazing arm and athletic ability in the upcoming draft that is considered a developmental prospect?

My thought is that Trubisky will be here next year (not a pleasant thought), but he will be the starter and if the Bears can get a developmental guy and let him develop while Trubisky holds the down the position.

They have to take another shot at finding the right guy, without throwing him to the wolves, and a 2nd round pick (or late first) might not have the immediate pressure to start.

We are not getting the top prospect, there is not a vet out there, that we can afford, that will be much better than Mitch, unless you get Luck to "unretire".

I just hope we do not go into next season, saying Trubisky is going to take the next step, without at least some competition at the position, preferably a vet not named Chase AND a rookie developmental guy.

Oh yeah, we will likely not go into next season with Watson as out Starting QB.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Actually, a INT can be a drive difference of 14 and gives the D team a good boost. There's a reason EVERYONE wants a QB with an under a 2-1 ratio. That said, not much to choose between those QBs. For me Watson is now deserving to be in that list not because of his cumulative numbers but because of his advancements in the pocket this year. He's become impossible to scheme against.:beer: