TTNL guys are awesome

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I asked along with others, for them to release the Dalton video he did. Well he did it...also they had a amazing interview yesterday on QBs in draft....I learned years worth of shit in 7 min from their guest

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I like that he uses film from a division rival and from Last year.

I just have a hard time overcoming that he had all those offensive weapons last year and only went 4-7 in his 11 starts. I am aware that the Dallas defense was crap, but he was the QB on the field when the offense scored 10,3,9,19,16,17 and in the season finally when they still had a chance to win the division and get into the playoffs he scored 19 points against the Giants.

From the Tape never Lies, he should be better than Trubisky, but there is just too much evidence that he is inconsistent, and crumbles under the lights.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I think Dalton is better at taking what opportunities the defense gives him with the play call that is executed. We saw a lot from Foles and Mitch where a receiver does get open and just isn't ever found resulting in a dump off, a lost play or worse a pass forced into the wrong area. The question will be if Nagy can consistently call enough plays that scheme his talent open and not try to force schemes that don't align with the personnel. If Dalton can simply execute in getting it to the right person for the play called, I think there will be an improvement from Mitch/Foles.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
TTNL is by far thest analysis of the Bears. Become a Patreon member of TTNL and get way more content. Awesome stuff. So many on this board could learn a lot from them

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
TTNL is by far thest analysis of the Bears. Become a Patreon member of TTNL and get way more content. Awesome stuff. So many on this board could learn a lot from them
It must be good if you spent your adult diaper money on football content you probably dont understand. Im gonna sign up today!

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It must be good if you spent your adult diaper money on football content you probably dont understand. Im gonna sign up today!
lmao. Nice try. I played into college and have coached. Sign up, you need it. So much you would learn from them.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
lmao. Nice try. I played into college and have coached. Sign up, you need it. So much you would learn from them.
Yes, we've already been through your prestigious career as a third string LS in junior college where you were cut after two games on a team where everyone played both ways and STs.

Thanks Coach!

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
video is encouraging and concerning at the same time. he looks good with a clean pocket, but when he gets the slightest bit of pressure he always throws off his back foot and is inaccurate. Pace needs to make tackle a priority in round 1 if this is going to work with Andy.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I just have a hard time overcoming that he had all those offensive weapons last year and only went 4-7 in his 11 starts. I am aware that the Dallas defense was crap, but he was the QB on the field when the offense scored 10,3,9,19,16,17 and in the season finally when they still had a chance to win the division and get into the playoffs he scored 19 points against the Giants.

From the Tape never Lies, he should be better than Trubisky, but there is just too much evidence that he is inconsistent, and crumbles under the lights.

everyone who says the same things about Dalton that you do seem to underestimate just what an awful shape Dallas's offensive line was in. If you think the Bears line was bad, Dallas's was way way worse.

That is what explains a lot of the losses.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
video is encouraging and concerning at the same time. he looks good with a clean pocket, but when he gets the slightest bit of pressure he always throws off his back foot and is inaccurate. Pace needs to make tackle a priority in round 1 if this is going to work with Andy.

that's exactly it. He's a slightly above average quarterback and still better than what the Bears have ever had, but he's not that ultimate franchise guy because of hearing ghosts.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think Dalton is better at taking what opportunities the defense gives him with the play call that is executed. We saw a lot from Foles and Mitch where a receiver does get open and just isn't ever found resulting in a dump off, a lost play or worse a pass forced into the wrong area. The question will be if Nagy can consistently call enough plays that scheme his talent open and not try to force schemes that don't align with the personnel. If Dalton can simply execute in getting it to the right person for the play called, I think there will be an improvement from Mitch/Foles.

You get it.

There were so many plays left on the field from both Mitch and foals that Dalton historically will not miss on. the Bears don't need to ask Dalton to create like a franchise quarterback does - just be the point guard and distribute the ball to your talented playmakers.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why? I hear all sides of a football issue here on this forum... All sides, sides I never considered, personal attack sides, all sides... Edit: I do enjoy his tape breakdowns.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Thanks for the positive thread but i'm pretty sure this thread won't get too much action from a lot of people cause most on here forgot how to talk positive when it comes to the Bears.

Anytime23 only came here to derail another thread.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I have no issues with Andy Dalton really. I just have an issue with how the Bears used their limited resources this off-season, vastly overpaying a good-not-great wide receiver on the franchise tag and ignoring the offensive line (again). The issue with the Bears continues to not really be the quarterback, but the poor conditions they put quarterbacks in where success is almost impossible.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You get it.

There were so many plays left on the field from both Mitch and foals that Dalton historically will not miss on. the Bears don't need to ask Dalton to create like a franchise quarterback does - just be the point guard and distribute the ball to your talented playmakers.

I think you switched sports there. Do you mean "just play quarterback and distribute the ball to your talented playmakers"?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I've seen the Giants game brought up multiple times by several posters here. Yet I never read about the 14 attempts for only 42 yards by Zeke Elliot. or the 5 carries for 15 yards by Tony Pollard. In fact the Cowboy's leading rusher that game was Dalton with 48 yards. I also never read about the 6 sacks the Cowboys Oline allowed that game. I don't read about Dalton playing with a lacerated left hand. That also was the game Holgren didn't call a huge challenge that everyone agreed would have been overturned.

Now I'm not defending Dalton here..... he threw the pick on 3rd and goal instead of throwing it away.

All I'm saying is I wonder if some of you actually watched the Cowboys last year.

Look at how shity that Oline was. Look at how Zeke had his worst season and lowest yards per carry. Look at what a complete dumpster fire of a coaching job McCarthy did. There was a lot wrong on that team.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I've seen the Giants game brought up multiple times by several posters here. Yet I never read about the 14 attempts for only 42 yards by Zeke Elliot. or the 5 carries for 15 yards by Tony Pollard. In fact the Cowboy's leading rusher that game was Dalton with 48 yards. I also never read about the 6 sacks the Cowboys Oline allowed that game. I don't read about Dalton playing with a lacerated left hand. That also was the game Holgren didn't call a huge challenge that everyone agreed would have been overturned.

Now I'm not defending Dalton here..... he threw the pick on 3rd and goal instead of throwing it away.

All I'm saying is I wonder if some of you actually watched the Cowboys last year.

Look at how shity that Oline was. Look at how Zeke had his worst season and lowest yards per carry. Look at what a complete dumpster fire of a coaching job McCarthy did. There was a lot wrong on that team.
I usually do follow the Cowboys when they are on National Games because my son is a huge fan (he lives there) and he too mentioned that the O-line was crap....But I must admit, I did not watch as much last year as I normally do.

After we signed AD, I asked my son what he thought of the move and he said, that Andy is a solid QB, but he was not going to carry a team on his back...

I understand that the Dallas O-line was crap, but do you think the Bears are going to be much better?

I will be glad to eat some crow if AD comes in and shows us what we have been missing the last 4 years while Trubisky tried to develop, but the only way the Bears O-line is going to be good enough for AD, is if they actually use the draft to make it better, and those guys are going to be rookies....

I would prefer to be optimistic, but nothing lines up...We don't have a good O-line and AD has the tendency to play bad in bright light situations. For a Bears QB, EVERY GAME is under scrutiny....

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:

This entire post is spot-on accurate. AD was not at his best that game, but he played pretty well and battled through, when several members of that team were just crapping all around him. Again, it is a team game.