Tua given all the tools Surrounded by playmakers like Tyreek, Jaylen Waddle, Cedrick Wilson, and Mike Gesicki, IMPROVED PROTECTION

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
An elite QB can make chicken salad with chicken shit. Elite skill position talent just hides a QB's deficiencies. See Ryan Tannehill.
Which is why I’m not cursing Poles existence right now. If Fields puts up good numbers with what he has now image what he’ll do when he has legit weapons

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Think Tua will surprise some people this year. He actually was more accurate on deep balls than Mahomes last year albeit in fewer passes. His big issue is he doesn't like to take chances. Whether that was due to an OL worst than the Bears and shitty weapons, we will find out this year.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Think Tua will surprise some people this year. He actually was more accurate on deep balls than Mahomes last year albeit in fewer passes. His big issue is he doesn't like to take chances. Whether that was due to an OL worst than the Bears and shitty weapons, we will find out this year.

Tua is a left handed Trubisky. Mentally weak and a checkdown artist.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
If a QB needs elite weapons and elite blocking to succeed, then he isn't elite. The QB makes the WR, not the other way around.
Yeah the interesting question is would you rather be the Dolphins next year with a quality OL and offensive playmakers hoping to land a franchise qb or the Bears with probably a franchise qb and the ammo to go out and get a quality OL and playmakers?

It's a big assumption to say right now Tua is not the guy and Fields is but if it pans out that way I'd rather be the Bears next year.

The Dolphins aren't getting past the Bills this year but on paper they have a much better shot at a wildcard spot than the Bears.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah the interesting question is would you rather be the Dolphins next year with a quality OL and offensive playmakers hoping to land a franchise qb or the Bears with probably a franchise qb and the ammo to go out and get a quality OL and playmakers?

It's a big assumption to say right now Tua is not the guy and Fields is but if it pans out that way I'd rather be the Bears next year.

The Dolphins aren't getting past the Bills this year but on paper they have a much better shot at a wildcard spot than the Bears.

We just don't simply know enough about Fields. It's much more difficult for a rookie QB to produce explosive plays than check downs like Mac Jones. Rarely anything Jones put deep in the air was explosive or even completed. Fields has at least shown he can produce big plays. If he can get down the short game and the nuances, he's set.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
In general...I think the consensus on ccs has moved to "the other way around."

You still have to give them something to work with. I just don't think Poles is 100% sold on Fields. Doesn't mean he won't be though

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Tua imo has already hit his ceiling unfortunately, the weapons will mask some of his issues but when it’s time for the QB to make plays I don’t foresee it happening
This is the correct take. I've always been of the opinion that the QB makes the receivers, and not the other way around. Your receivers can make a QB, but I think that's proof that you don't have a great QB.

Now, and I really shouldn't have to explain this, that doesn't mean you can scrape the bottom of the barrel like Poles has (minus Velus and Ebner)

mecha

Liked Posts:
Who still was 55% accurate on deep balls unlike Trubisky who was never above 40%.
Trubisky was pretty embarrassing in 2020. 2019 was one of the worst years of my life, I don't remember much about the Bears then.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seeing several comparisons of Tua's situation to that of Fields in CHI. Bound to happen. My take:

Tua had an average situation so far from my limited understanding of MIA and the local media's take on things. Coaching & surrounding talent didn't really HELP Tua much, but he's also had his injuries and hasn't produced many WOW or explosive plays that lead people to buy in hard. He's still a "wait and see" QB...much like Trubs in his first several years, probably with more upside than Trubs.

In CHI on the other hand, Nagy was clearly pissing in the gas tank of the offense AND the OL / WR talent were not even average as units.
Fields still has a pretty nice deep ball, can run like a mofo, and pops out at least a few WOW plays each game, even with Nagy's O not allowing & even actively sabotaging any consistent success, threat of a run game, and reliable OL protection. We all saw what similar holes did to Cutler, hell even Rexy...dudes began seeing ghosts with happy feet, reduced mechanics, and forced throws. Fields looked better with worse than Tua IMHO, but it's just me. I'd believe the stats show he's better so far as well. As fans we're simply very snake-bitten and hesitant to buy into anything, which is 100% understandable. So we wait n' see, and prepare for plan B. So'kay.

I wish Tua & Fields both well, but would put my money on Fields to have a better career when all's said and done. Still early for Fields. No excuses now for Tua, unless his HC & OC are total numbnuts like Nagy, which hardly seems possible to that extent. ?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Who still was 55% accurate on deep balls unlike Trubisky who was never above 40%.
My question is what do they consider accurate? A completion? I remember watching him complete a deep ball to waddle that would have been a touchdown if thrown well at all, but waddle had to come to almost a complete stop to catch it, allowing the defense to catch up to him