Tua given all the tools Surrounded by playmakers like Tyreek, Jaylen Waddle, Cedrick Wilson, and Mike Gesicki, IMPROVED PROTECTION

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Tua imo has already hit his ceiling unfortunately, the weapons will mask some of his issues but when it’s time for the QB to make plays I don’t foresee it happening

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing against Tua, but I agree. I've not seen or heard anything that leads me to believe he has "it" or that surrounding talent will make a significant difference. Wish the guy and MIA the best as a noncompete local, but nobody is really that excited for him around here. They never really were from day 1 TBH, aside from a few overzealous die-hard fans, which every team has.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Tua has been a dink and dunker for most of his nfl career so we'll see how he fares with Hill. There used to be talk with Mayfield hooking up with Odell back in the day and we know how that ended up . . . hmmmm

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Tua has been a dink and dunker for most of his nfl career so we'll see how he fares with Hill. There used to be talk with Mayfield hooking up with Odell back in the day and we know how that ended up . . . hmmmm
The few games I watched with Tua...he just didn't seem like an NFL caliber starter to me.

I wonder if we're allowed to use Tua as a test case for how much excellent weapons help a QB's career versus it being the other way around?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The few games I watched with Tua...he just didn't seem like an NFL caliber starter to me.

I wonder if we're allowed to use Tua as a test case for how much excellent weapons help a QB's career versus it being the other way around?

If a QB needs elite weapons and elite blocking to succeed, then he isn't elite. The QB makes the WR, not the other way around.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
If a QB needs elite weapons and elite blocking to succeed, then he isn't elite. The QB makes the WR, not the other way around.
In general...I think the consensus on ccs has moved to "the other way around."

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
In general...I think the consensus on ccs has moved to "the other way around."
In general, I think most understand that a good QB makes WR’s better AND a good WR can help a QB be better.

Most I think understand it’s not an absolute one way or the other. It’s not a black and white thing

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
In general, I think most understand that a good QB makes WR’s better AND a good WR can help a QB be better.

Most I think understand it’s not an absolute one way or the other. It’s not a black and white thing

An elite QB can make chicken salad with chicken shit. Elite skill position talent just hides a QB's deficiencies. See Ryan Tannehill.