Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Man, that was painful to listen too. Sounds like Bosh really wanted to come to Chicago and Wade would have done it. The cap concerns were obviously big..

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Being a Deng trade away....that hurts.

Just two hours of pain in those pods...but...what could have been

Rose
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Noah

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Being a Deng trade away....that hurts.

Just two hours of pain in those pods...but...what could have been

Rose
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Noah
I feel dirty.

4 All-Stars... still have an ability to draft Butler in the 2011 draft.. Only question is does Jerry wanna pay a massive luxury tax and re-sign Noah & Rose.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I feel dirty.

4 All-Stars... still have an ability to draft Butler in the 2011 draft.. Only question is does Jerry wanna pay a massive luxury tax and re-sign Noah & Rose.
I'm just gonna pretend that I didn't see this because it's too painful to think about

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I feel dirty.

Stacked lineup. Would be curious to see who they fill the bench with.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
In 2010-11, probably nothing outside Taj Gibson... In 2011-12 they can do what the Heat did and start getting aging vets to sign for little money.

Of course questions remain like, does Derrick Rose still break down while having all the help he does or not. Does the ACL tear still happen eventually? Lets not forget he was injured a ton in that 66 game season in 2011-12. The supermax may never become a thing as I doubt Rose has a MVP season in 2010-11, thus Rose's extension is cheaper.

Assuming Reinsdorf gives no fucks about the luxury tax, this team runs until after 2013-14 with that lineup, when LeBron probably still goes back home (plus clashes with Bulls FO). Question then remains if Wade/Bosh re-up or not. And as we know Bosh has his blod clot issue and likely that remains the same, so that would be unfortunate.

If the Bulls still draft Butler, be interesting to know if he still has similar development or not, and could slide right into LeBron's spot after he goes to Cleveland.

A lot of interesting what if's here.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Likely the type of guys you saw Miami's 10-11 have.(after Taj Gibson of course)
James Jones
Mike Miller
Joel Anthony
Juwan Howard
Eddie House
etc

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
You guys are forgetting that we brought Omer Asik over that year aswell. The transition and defense of that team would have been legendary. Imagine seeing Rose, Bron, Wade coming at you on the break - fahgettaboudit.

Its doubtful that we'll ever have the near perfect situation we had in 2010. Its nuts to think Miami had one better. But its Miami for one and second they had a chance to create their own legacy instead of trying to surpass Jordan in Chicago.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
You guys are forgetting that we brought Omer Asik over that year aswell. The transition and defense of that team would have been legendary. Imagine seeing Rose, Bron, Wade coming at you on the break - fahgettaboudit.

Its doubtful that we'll ever have the near perfect situation we had in 2010. Its nuts to think Miami had one better. But its Miami for one and second they had a chance to create their own legacy instead of trying to surpass Jordan in Chicago.

Also, Pat Riley is in charge of the Heat and Paxson ran the Bulls then (the way he supposedly does not now).

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
People do not realize the real reason that this never worked out with the bulls was because LeBron and Wade did not consider D Rose as the third piece. They needed their third piece and were just going to take the ball out of D roses hands. There were rumors that D Rose would not "recruit", there was nothing about recruiting, it was a hostile takeover.