Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
anyone thinks he's done? if cheap, i'd sign him.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Couldn't stay healthy with the Raiders after they brought him in as a FA on a 4 year 44M contract. He caught 42 balls for 651 yards and 6 TDs in 2019. Don't think he played in 2020 because of a torn labrum. Might be worth a flier on a prove it deal.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let’s not take flyers on people and hope for the best

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’d rather have Loras Tyrell

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
He’s a really big dude. 6’4” i think. A HUGE target in the red zone. Supposedly will be 100% in 2021. I like him to replace A-Rob and the salary will be a prove it deal probably around that 6-8 mil area after injuries last 2 years.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let’s not take flyers on people and hope for the best
In this case, it would be talent at a price we can afford because we're cash strapped and can't address every need. Logic dictates we have to move on from Wims and Miller and add to our WR room.

The draft class is supposed to be deep at WR again, but we need QB, OT, and probably WR if ARob leaves. May have to move up for QB which in all likelihood leaves little ammo left for the other two. So we have to explore all options.

This would be in the category of the Ifedi signing. It would be great if we weren't in this position, but alas reality.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
In this case, it would be talent at a price we can afford because we're cash strapped and can't address every need. Logic dictates we have to move on from Wims and Miller and add to our WR room.

The draft class is supposed to be deep at WR again, but we need QB, OT, and probably WR if ARob leaves. May have to move up for QB which in all likelihood leaves little ammo left for the other two. So we have to explore all options.

This would be in the category of the Ifedi signing. It would be great if we weren't in this position, but alas reality.

why do we have to move on from Miller. He has a dead cap of 500k and a contract value under 2m...

how much will he cost you.....do you lose out on Arob because you sign Williams?

He was carrying a cap hit of 10m....what would be considered a bargain for him?

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why do we have to move on from Miller. He has a dead cap of 500k and a contract value under 2m...

how much will he cost you.....do you lose out on Arob because you sign Williams?

He was carrying a cap hit of 10m....what would be considered a bargain for him?
Miller isn't about cap number. It's about how many games he's going to cost you because of dumb penalties, mental errors, and ejections.

Coaches were in his ear about Gardner-Johnson from New Orleans but he's such a idiot he gets ejected in a playoff game. Wims was even worse IMO because he totally lost it. Nagy needs to hold these guys accountable, and if he can't then Pace needs to cut their asses.

I'm not pounding the table for a guy here. I'm saying that the roster needs to be shaken up.

I'm talking about Williams as part of a backup plan. My preference is definitely to keep AROB but I don't think that's in the cards given how his contract negotiations have played out publicly. Not sure where Williams' market is after getting cut by the Raiders. Realistically more than Millers 2M. Can you get him for 5M?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I’d rather have Loras Tyrell
His brother Garlan is better (I better not be the only bears fan on here to have read the books)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Miller isn't about cap number. It's about how many games he's going to cost you because of dumb penalties, mental errors, and ejections.

Coaches were in his ear about Gardner-Johnson from New Orleans but he's such a idiot he gets ejected in a playoff game. Wims was even worse IMO because he totally lost it. Nagy needs to hold these guys accountable, and if he can't then Pace needs to cut their asses.

I'm not pounding the table for a guy here. I'm saying that the roster needs to be shaken up.

I'm talking about Williams as part of a backup plan. My preference is definitely to keep AROB but I don't think that's in the cards given how his contract negotiations have played out publicly. Not sure where Williams' market is after getting cut by the Raiders. Realistically more than Millers 2M. Can you get him for 5M?

Williams missed 2020 with a shoulder injury and prior to that he suffered an ankle injury that damaged his speed.

He's not the player he was. Signing him is desperation not addition.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Williams missed 2020 with a shoulder injury and prior to that he suffered an ankle injury that damaged his speed.

Most 6’4” receivers aren’t burners. He’s a big target in the red zone. A major need for our offense. That’s why Graham got so many TDS this year it’s strictly his size mismatch in the red zone. And Willimas won’t be expensive at all. That sounds like an addition not desperation. We aren’t talking career threatening injuries here.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most 6’4” receivers aren’t burners. He’s a big target in the red zone. A major need for our offense. That’s why Graham got so many TDS this year it’s strictly his size mismatch in the red zone. And Willimas won’t be expensive at all. That sounds like an addition not desperation. We aren’t talking career threatening injuries here.

His injuries were trajectory turning. There are better options.

I suppose if you can get the guy for a mil or two sure, but it had better not prevent you from signing Arob.

This guy is a bit of a reclamation project. This guy has had a lingering plantar fasciitis injury and a torn labrum...

Why do fans cling to hope and desperation as a plan?

Even if you sign this guy for 3 to 4m you are potentially wasting that money because of his injury problems...

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:

He averaged 15.5 YPC in 2019 and 16.1 over his career

When did that ankle injury occur

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
If he's still out there headed into the season and someone gets hurt then maybe you sign him to the vet min.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
turning 29 and being an injury risk is a bad combo....

any team that is hoping to rely on him as a source of offense is taking a huge gamble.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Much better value with him than A-Rob I could guarentee that...sign him, trade A-Rob, and draft another WR.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Much better value with him than A-Rob I could guarentee that...sign him, trade A-Rob, and draft another WR.

wut...

he'll get less production than Arob, but it'll be cheaper........

I thought people hated the ownership for this......now we are promoting it