Tyrell Williams released.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
wut...

he'll get less production than Arob, but it'll be cheaper........

I thought people hated the ownership for this......now we are promoting it
I think is more a personal philosophy difference. Neither is wrong. My not wanting to pay A-Rob definitely skewes my opinion. We just have so many holes and need that cap money.

Williams would absolutely be less productive in every category. But he could still play a big role in the red zone as a big possession reviever and while giving more opportunity to Mooney/Kmet and any other youth positions players we draft to develop. In this offense(ESPECIALLY with Cohen coming back), how will anyone else develop with Robinson catching 100 balls a year.

Just Can’t keep A-Rob. Good player but he’s too expensive, we have way too many holes, and we could get great value for him in tag/trade.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think is more a personal philosophy difference. Neither is wrong. My not wanting to pay A-Rob definitely skewes my opinion. We just have so many holes and need that cap money.

Williams would absolutely be less productive in every category. But he could still play a big role in the red zone as a big possession reviever and while giving more opportunity to Mooney/Kmet and any other youth positions players we draft to develop. In this offense(ESPECIALLY with Cohen coming back), how will anyone else develop with Robinson catching 100 balls a year.

Just Can’t keep A-Rob. Good player but he’s too expensive, we have way too many holes, and we could get great value for him in tag/trade.

Just what the Bears offense needs, less production....

Do you think Nagy and Pace, hanging on by a thread for their jobs are going to throw in the towel for the season?

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Just what the Bears offense needs, less production....

Do you think Nagy and Pace, hanging on by a thread for their jobs are going to throw in the towel for the season?
It’s not throwing in the towel when it gives you the opportunity to use the money to fill multiple needs.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s not throwing in the towel when it gives you the opportunity to use the money to fill multiple needs.

OK....how does getting worse at the receiver position, getting rid of a number one receiver make the entirety of the team better?

You are banking on a receiver who may or may not be able to live up to expectations.

Signing Williams to fill the Arob void is a huge gamble.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
OK....how does getting worse at the receiver position, getting rid of a number one receiver make the entirety of the team better?

You are banking on a receiver who may or may not be able to live up to expectations.

Signing Williams to fill the Arob void is a huge gamble.
Not when your focus and invested in developing the young skilled position players you’ve drafted. Williams isn’t meant to replace A-Rob. It allows all to replace him.