Tyrus to Charlotte

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
So Charlotte traded its pick to Minnesota before but the pick has been lottery protected or something to that effect and so they've never been able to trade it. So after like 5 years, the pick becomes unprotected to Minnesota if it takes that long. But I think there's some rule saying we cannot receive a pick 6 years prior so we wouldn't actually get it. So charlotte needs to make the playoffs.

WearShades

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:
So Charlotte traded its pick to Minnesota before but the pick has been lottery protected or something to that effect and so they've never been able to trade it. So after like 5 years, the pick becomes unprotected to Minnesota if it takes that long. But I think there's some rule saying we cannot receive a pick 6 years prior so we wouldn't actually get it. So charlotte needs to make the playoffs.

If they make the playoffs this year then what does that mean? What year is this pick coming in? I assume not this year as that could screw up our cap situation. I read something about it being a pick swap if it's in 2010.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
If they make it this year we'd get it the next year

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
Receives Charlotte's 2010 first-round pick (top-12 protected in 2010, top-10 protected in 2011, top-8 protected in 2012, top-3 protected in 2013, no protection in 2014) via Ty Lawson trade 6/25/09.

Those are the protections, not lottery

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
According to the info given in this thread, if Charlotte don't make it this year, they go to the draft lottery...if their pick is #13 or lower, it belongs to the Bulls.

postdiction

Liked Posts:
If we get rid of TT who is going to play on the front line for us? Noah and Gibson have injuries that will bother them till the end of the season and may keep them from playing for many games at a time.

Brad Miller is 58 years old

So who do we have left? Chris Richirdson or whatever his name is? He blows. He sucked against the Knicks he is going to get killed against a decent team.

I hope we aren't making our front line too thin and then end up not making the playoffs.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
postdiction wrote:
If we get rid of TT who is going to play on the front line for us? Noah and Gibson have injuries that will bother them till the end of the season and may keep them from playing for many games at a time.

So who do we have left? Chris Richirdson or whatever his name is? He blows. He sucked against the Knicks he is going to get killed against a decent team.

I hope we aren't making our front line too thin and then end up not making the playoffs.

hakim warrick is a PF, and if the bulls decide to utilize joe alexander, he can also play PF (hes more SF though).

WearShades

Liked Posts:
theCHI_Life84 wrote:
postdiction wrote:

hakim warrick is a PF, and if the bulls decide to utilize joe alexander, he can also play PF (hes more SF though).

My guess is Alexander doesn't ever actually play for us.

postdiction

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the answer, I didn't realize Warrick was PF (thought he was SF).

Hope Warrick can give us some serious minutes because I am really worried about Noah.
May be we can play JJ at PF in a pinch? He hasn't been that great at SF so hopefully he does better at PF.

whats the deal with alexander? Is he injured or a complete bust?

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
alexander, you might consider him as both.

with the new roster, it looks like we have yet another guard glut. james johnson hasnt figured out how to stay out of foul trouble for 5 minutes, so i think we might give alexander a shot since we're so thin at sf. i think warrick maybe can play a little sf, but im pretty sure hes a natural pf.

WearShades

Liked Posts:
theCHI_Life84 wrote:

with the new roster, it looks like we have yet another guard glut. james johnson hasnt figured out how to stay out of foul trouble for 5 minutes, so i think we might give alexander a shot since we're so thin at sf. i think warrick maybe can play a little sf, but im pretty sure hes a natural pf.

What's getting lost in the trade shuffle is somebody is getting waived or bought out. It's probably going to be Pargo or Murray.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
hmm, it could be pargo, i thought i heard on the radio that he wanted to leave chicago.

hfritz32

Liked Posts:
Im a bulls fan living in Charlotte with season tickets to the Bobcats, hopefully Tyrus can make our team more exciting and mabe fill up some more seats, it will be interesting to see how Larry Brown incorporates him into the bobcats. Mabe he will get a lot more out of him then the bulls were able to do

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
WearShades wrote:
theCHI_Life84 wrote:

What's getting lost in the trade shuffle is somebody is getting waived or bought out. It's probably going to be Pargo or Murray.

Pargo will be bought out. A worthless waste of $2mill. Murray is a solid shooter who will help us this year. Looks like Devin Brown is relegated to garbage minutes.

Overall this was a solid trade. 2 expirings who can play n help the team plus a mid-1st rnd draft pick, though the protections are alittle ridiculous. I'm interested to see what Law can do. He was a good defender in college & is super quick, just never really got a chance with Atlanta or Charlotte.

As for Tyrus in Charlotte, well good luck. If he had trouble fitting into VDN's plans, he's gonna have alot of trouble with Larry Brown, who is one of the most demanding coaches in the league. Maybe this trade wakes Tyrus up & makes him realize he's not a #4 pick anymore.

WearShades

Liked Posts:
Looks like Chris Richard has been cut. I assume that's the final word on the trade period, but perhaps there's a buyout looming (doubt it though).

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Larry Brown and Tyrus Thomas. A match made in heaven :lol: