UGA VS OSU, Did carter really impress?

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
Even in the Ohio State game, which btw has one of the best offensive lines in the NCAA, he was more effective than people are giving him credit for. He was moving his player off the ball almost every play. But Ohio State schemed against him extremely well. They doubled him about 50% of the time but the times they didn't it was mainly quick passes or plays where Straud rolled out. Ohio State has an elite offense for a reason.

You could go find Aaron Donald games and see plenty of stat lines where it would look like he did nothing. Got to know what you are seeing before making judgment.
Eh, excuses. He made zero impact.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Well as everyone knows…. Bowl games are the only ones that matter!

He played bad. It’s one game. Don’t ignore everything that made him a consensus top pick. Lucky for him he gets another game
I disagree on this one I seen most of their games. He has flashes occasionally but against similar talent not some state or tech school his numbers like Will are meh. Neither I believe at this time are generational talent I think we are throwing that term around loosely nowadays. Generational talent is Reggie white Lawrence Taylor Ray Lewis types. Even Watt and Donald have multiple pro bowls but can be schemed for. Generationals you can only hope they have a bad game bcuz there's nothing YOU can do to stop them.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I disagree on this one I seen most of their games. He has flashes occasionally but against similar talent not some state or tech school his numbers like Will are meh. Neither I believe at this time are generational talent I think we are throwing that term around loosely nowadays. Generational talent is Reggie white Lawrence Taylor Ray Lewis types. Even Watt and Donald have multiple pro bowls but can be schemed for. Generationals you can only hope they have a bad game bcuz there's nothing YOU can do to stop them.

Oh agree 100% on the generational talent. Highly overused

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I know this won't make any sense, but just because my view is that JF has been disappointing thus far doesn't mean I want to get rid of him.
So why do you want to get rid of Fields?

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
The only time I noticed him was when he was taunting the opponent and waiving goodbye as the game was winding down...

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only time I noticed him was when he was taunting the opponent and waiving goodbye as the game was winding down...
If the bears are in a position for him to be waiving goodbye at the end of games, I would say it’s well worth pick 2. Rather get Payne and Anderson @2 honestly

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
If the bears are in a position for him to be waiving goodbye at the end of games, I would say it’s well worth pick 2. Rather get Payne and Anderson @2 honestly

Poles watches players behavior on the sidelines...King of the North couldn't have been too impressed?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Good point. UGA is thin at EDGE this year. They lost Nolan Smith to injury, etc. A lot of those Stroud scrambles didn’t look scripted, Carter broke free and moved him off his spot and then had all day.

That said, Carter didn’t finish and boy did Stroud tear up that secondary.
It’s all about disruption at the pros. Look at our opposing QBs and just how comfortable they look in the pocket. Clean all day… our DBs and Linebackers would love to get some pressured throws out of QBs…

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
If you had Payne next to Carter you’d have a pro bowler next to the most explosive rookie 3Tech in the draft. Everything they do has a massive impact on the edge rushers…. Those two collapsing pockets for the next three years gives you a chance to win on defense every game..

napo55

Liked Posts:
The announcers noted that Carter appeared to be out of shape and spent a lot of snaps on the sideline. That is not what you expect from a premium player.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
The announcers noted that Carter appeared to be out of shape and spent a lot of snaps on the sideline. That is not what you expect from a premium player.
Carter is the furthest thing from out of shape…

He could probably use a professional weight training program…

But he’s a freak athlete…

napo55

Liked Posts:
Carter is the furthest thing from out of shape…

He could probably use a professional weight training program…

But he’s a freak athlete…
Hey, that's not my opinion, it was the game announcers. It's a fact that he was huffin and puffin and sat out a lot of plays. Not a good look for a top ten draft choice.

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hey, that's not my opinion, it was the game announcers. It's a fact that he was huffin and puffin and sat out a lot of plays. Not a good look for a top ten draft choice.
I think everyone noticed that including the scouts. It's definitely not a good look and makes you question why he was gassed.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
It’s a fair question but my guess is he was going all out for the plays he was on the field then was being protected by his coaches.

He definitely will get an immediate conditioning upgrade in the pros, so far he looks like he’s all technique and pure god given talent.

To be even spoken of like the great Aaron Donald he needs a strength and motor upgrade

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Only saw parts of the game but didnt see much from carter, is he worth going 2nd to the bears or is anderson the safer choice if the bears dont trade down
Pass on both