Uh oh Leno....

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I really hope it isn't. I'd prefer our franchise QB not get thrown out there w/bookend rookie Tackles.

I didn't know you thought Andy Dalton was a franchise QB?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t think Borom has to play OG.

He has 1000 snaps at OT in the SEC and really nice production.

I think he is a RT only, but I think he gets a real shot at OT.

Yeah I am saying I don't see the Athleticism for him to stick at RT at the NFL level despite playing their a lot in college.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the Bears are hoping the two tackles they drafted can go left and right
I think that may be correct but likely not in those positions next year and Remy has a point. Borom may be better suited inside.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think that may be correct but likely not in those positions next year and Remy has a point. Borom may be better suited inside.
Hopes and reality are two different things. I was just commenting on what I think they are hoping for.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I really hope it isn't. I'd prefer our franchise QB not get thrown out there w/bookend rookie Tackles.
this is why you dont rush your franchise QB out there.. We have Dalton and Foles to take the beating while they figure out the OL

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He survived there in the SEC, I would make him show he can’t play there in the NFL.

I also think he is 20-30lbs lighter than he played at Missouri which should help.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
this is why you dont rush your franchise QB out there.. We have Dalton and Foles to take the beating while they figure out the OL
Agree with this. Give the OL 4-6 games to get themselves together. We could have 3 guys in new positions to start the year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Exactly. Dalton is the crash test dummy until they get the line playing top notch.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He survived there in the SEC, I would make him show he can’t play there in the NFL.

I also think he is 20-30lbs lighter than he played at Missouri which should help.

Far cry from surviving in the SEC and surviving Mack in practice. It would be great if he can stick as a viable starter at RT and I am sure they will try him out at both T and G. I just think in the end the best alignment in the future is Jenkins at RT and Borom at RG.

Our LT of the future will either be a FA signing IMO as we will have the cap and a QB on a rookie contract to afford a pricey LT. I could see us taking a stab at Fisher and letting Leno start until he finishes his rehab. Give him a 3 year deal that pays him like 7m this year and then a bigger payday next year once Leno is cut or trade.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Mike Tannenbaum just said on ESPN he believes Jenkins will be the LT. He also said the Bears had the best draft and Fields changes the whole trajectory of the organization.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Far cry from surviving in the SEC and surviving Mack in practice. It would be great if he can stick as a viable starter at RT and I am sure they will try him out at both T and G. I just think in the end the best alignment in the future is Jenkins at RT and Borom at RG.

Our LT of the future will either be a FA signing IMO as we will have the cap and a QB on a rookie contract to afford a pricey LT.

The one problem with that plan is that it is exceedingly rare for a really good and healthy LT to hit the FA market. They will still cost a lot, but there will be major red flags. Health being one of the big ones for guys to actually hit FA.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The one problem with that plan is that it is exceedingly rare for a really good and healthy LT to hit the FA market. They will still cost a lot, but there will be major red flags. Health being one of the big ones for guys to actually hit FA.

There is typically alwayd someone. Williams this year for example. And again Fisher is still out there. Look if Jenkins can stick there them by all means move him there. I just think that is a tall order his rookie year.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

speed rushers ate his lunch at T

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Canth

Liked Posts:
There is typically alwayd someone. Williams this year for example. And again Fisher is still out there. Look if Jenkins can stick there them by all means move him there. I just think that is a tall order his rookie year.

Fair enough. I agree in general with the idea, this year especially, to have Jenkins hold down the RT spot. And then evaluate Leno replacements as you can, in whatever form that you can - whether that is moving Jenkins to LT or finding a FA one.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well that'll be a win, win, then imo.

Fields should be QB1 anyway. Hes suppose to be smart, let him show it. Game plan around his strengths then add more throughout the season

Justin wants to play, said he wants that rookie of the year.
Waka Waka?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Will this season have a preseason or no?