Uh-oh: Mitch vs Fields rookie year.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well since Fields' season is over, and meatballs seem certain "the arrow is pointing up," let's do a side-by-side between Mitch and Fields.

CCS loves talking about average yards in the air...lol - Mitch was better.

View attachment 16559

Did you change pronouns mid season or what??

You'd be better off starting posts where you list out quotes of these "meatballs" who say the shit you supposedly are "refuting"... as opposed to just pontificating about it as if you are trying to speak it into existence.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you change pronouns mid season or what??

You'd be better off starting posts where you list out quotes of these "meatballs" who say the shit you supposedly are "refuting"... as opposed to just pontificating about it as if you are trying to speak it into existence.
Oh the average yards in the air was a selling point for Fields mid-season. Try using the search feature.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh the average yards in the air was a selling point for Fields mid-season. Try using the search feature.

lol... the search function? Now I'm supposed to go back and look for the BS you are supposedly refuting? How can you go from semi-normal, to full blown AOC in a year?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Oh man, I just realized the other number manipulation going on. You are trying to compare 12 games to 12 games. However, Mitch started and played 100% of the offensive snaps in his 12 games.

Fields's 12 games includes 3 games where he played significantly less than 100% of the snaps. Hell, one of those games was the season opener that he played 5 snaps. You had two injury shortened games in CIN (65% of snaps) where he came in off the bench and then BAL (51% of snaps) where he got hurt.
Thats not the BR i know.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So Mike Glennon was a better teammate than Rifle/BDN?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
lol... the search function? Now I'm supposed to go back and look for the BS you are supposedly refuting? How can you go from semi-normal, to full blown AOC in a year?
I did use the search function because I'm bored at work. First reference I could find to "average yards in the air" was this post.

I went through 10 pages and didn't see any posts with the phrase "average yards in the air" besides his post.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, you must have missed my announcement. I am no longer going back and showing proof of common knowledge because in the past - several times - ppl still try to argue when I link the post...like the evidence isn't good enough although it backs the claim. It has happened a lot. Also, I'm one of the only posters who is constantly badgered for links.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I did use the search function because I'm bored at work. First reference I could find to "average yards in the air" was this post.

I went through 10 pages and didn't see any posts with the phrase "average yards in the air" besides his post.
He keeps touting statistics that he can't comprehend

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine changing your username to "Black Rainbow" then getting clowned to the point where you claim you're "going dark" then don't actually "go dark" but instead spend the rest of the season obsessively trying to troll the board like the fucking loser you are where you continue to be clowned anyways because everyone sees thru your played out schtick... Yikes! ?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
AY/A has nothing to do with air yards. What you're looking for is under advanced passing stats (which didnt exist until 2018).
Okay. My bad. I admit when I'm wrong and am not a liar.

AY/A - is adjusted yards per pass attempt.

The point that Fields' rookie year wasn't any better than Mitch's still stands.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh man, I just realized the other number manipulation going on. You are trying to compare 12 games to 12 games. However, Mitch started and played 100% of the offensive snaps in his 12 games.

Fields's 12 games includes 3 games where he played significantly less than 100% of the snaps. Hell, one of those games was the season opener that he played 5 snaps. You had two injury shortened games in CIN (65% of snaps) where he came in off the bench and then BAL (51% of snaps) where he got hurt.
Probably saved Fields from having worse stats than he has now...Imagine him starting against the Rams week 1 like many posters wanted. Would have been like the Cleveland game.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Probably saved Fields from having worse stats than he has now...Imagine him starting against the Rams week 1 like many posters wanted. Would have been like the Cleveland game.
Imagine comparing apples/oranges

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fields was able to move the ball better as the season went along, although red zone efficiency was poor all along. I'm concerned that he never seem to learn or make any progress in protecting the football, and taking bad sacks. His sliding was always awkward exposing his head to getting hit, when the whole idea of sliding is not to get hit. A lot of his shorter throws were too hard. That actually seemed to get worse.

All that being said, I blame Nagy for Fields' lack of progress. Any problem areas that popped up in the Nagy era, always seemed to continue, such as dumb penalties and lack of discipline. Nagy never seemed to be able to hold his players accountable in such a way that caused the situation to improve. Saying, "Justin knows he can't do that," didn't cause him to stop doing whatever it was. Something more needed to be done, lets call it coaching.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s a very simple scenario, Fox never wanted to play Mitch because he was too green, Nagy doesn’t know how to use anyone because he is bad at his job. I would say I’m disappointed BR doesn’t even know how to read simple stats or situations but I’m not surprised