Undrafted Free Agents

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
I mocked Willams to Bears in 6th on a thread here somewhere. Don't see him sticking now we drafted Goldman though.

New regime! Maybe Fox n' Fangio will be stockpiling The Big Fatties....?! Grab that fork!

Bears27

Liked Posts:
Bears signed ECU NT Terry Williams 6' 330lbs.

Perhaps we will have to stop with the Fangio does not need big NTs stuff.

Very nice! I liked him as a 6th/7th round pick, but the draft shook out pretty well. He's very disruptive and can provide some pass rushing ability from the nose. I'm very pleased with how the Bears constructed their front 3 rotation. I'm just a bit concerned about our edge rushing abilities from the OLB spots, but I have faith that Fangio will know how to use Young/Allen's pass rush in 3rd down packages.

:beerbang:

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Rich Campbell ‏@Rich_Campbell 3m3 minutes ago
The Bears announced they signed the following 15 college free agents:

CEHhWTHUkAAhCvG.jpg

Reactions: 1ke

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Rich Campbell ‏@Rich_Campbell 3m3 minutes ago
The Bears announced they signed the following 15 college free agents:

CEHhWTHUkAAhCvG.jpg

B.Callahan CB Rice is the most recent signing and i read some good stuff on him. He really sounds like he could be a good sleeper to make the team maybe.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I can't see how anyone can make a judgement on if a UDFA will make a team before he even steps foot on our practice field. I think a couple of these DB's in Jefferson and Carter have a chance.

Funny ... you start out saying that no one can make "a judgement on if a UDFA will make a team before he even steps foot on our practice field" and then you make a judgement about Jefferson and Carter before they even step foot on our practice field.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am a little pissed that we didn't sign Brandon Vitable, center for Northwestern. Colts picked him up.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
98 undrafted free agents made opening day rosters.

3 per team.

If the Bears could find 2-3 guys to make the roster that would be nice.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The same guy that told me that Seattle will get Lockett in the draft (they traded 4 draft picks for him) just told me Lockett said that the best deal of the entire draft was the Steelers signing BJ Finney (Kansas State center) as a free agent. He said that Finney will be their starting center.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Funny ... you start out saying that no one can make "a judgement on if a UDFA will make a team before he even steps foot on our practice field" and then you make a judgement about Jefferson and Carter before they even step foot on our practice field.

Ummmmmmmm i said i think they could have a chance of making the team. Now i would think that making a judgment would be saying that they will make the team right?? Every player that got drafted has a chance of making the team. If you need me to explain what any other words mean just let me know and i'll happily do my best to try and help you. Carry on.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Just thinking about our roster I think the positions with the best chance to have an UDFA are DE(3-4), CB and safety. Maybe TE.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
98 undrafted free agents made opening day rosters.

3 per team.

If the Bears could find 2-3 guys to make the roster that would be nice.

That would be awesome if we could find 2 or 3. We obviously went after DB's hard with the UDFA's and from the things i read on the guys we got, they have some pretty good things going for them and we sure as hell need some help back there.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
The same guy that told me that Seattle will get Lockett in the draft (they traded 4 draft picks for him) just told me Lockett said that the best deal of the entire draft was the Steelers signing BJ Finney (Kansas State center) as a free agent. He said that Finney will be their starting center.

That's all fine and dandy, but the Steelers have an All-Pro at C. Really no need to chance that because of an UDFA, even though I agree that Finney is quite the pick-up.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's all fine and dandy, but the Steelers have an All-Pro at C. Really no need to chance that because of an UDFA, even though I agree that Finney is quite the pick-up.

I said that wrong, they are going to give him the opportunity to start at guard. Believe it or not, they think he can play center, guard or tackle.

In Finney, McElroy saw an experienced, intelligent, fundamentally-sound blocker that could play center, guard or tackle. Great hands, flawless footwork, high football IQ -- he saw it all, envisioning Finney as a plug-and-play blocker that could help as a rookie.

Finney said the Steelers will give him an opportunity to compete for a starting spot at guard.

“Versatility helps a ton in the NFL with their limited rosters,” McElroy said. “They base their teams off a number of players at different positions. A center really needs to be able to move over to guard. Guys are going to go down, and your ability to move is huge.”

“Of all the guys coming out,” McElroy added, “he is the most NFL ready.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article20112393.html#storylink=cpy

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I didn't see him on the list, must ge as a try out.

Adam Shead - Chicago it is!! instagram.com/p/2ObbQlMhnY/
10:51am - 3 May 15
8153510.jpg

TheDane

Liked Posts:
I didn't see him on the list, must ge as a try out.

Adam Shead - Chicago it is!! instagram.com/p/2ObbQlMhnY/
10:51am - 3 May 15
8153510.jpg

One of the least athletic guys in the draft - loving it!

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
WEAKNESSES Relies on body mass and forward lean too often as run blocker. When defenders shift, he topples forward to the ground. On the ground way too much. Climbing to second level bears little fruit due to stiffness. Too focused on threat of A-gap blitz and can be fooled. Concerns in scouting community that injury history has robbed him of functional mobility.