Upcoming draft

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
@HeHateMe im expecting a draft day food blog in 4 weeks for the Bedard draft.

@Chief Walking Stick i except an official Bedard draft blog from you as well.

You 2 dorks get the Hawk chat neddle moving.

Hope all is well boys.

Thanks brother. Unfortunately some of the other 30 mods of this subforum that gets 4 posts per week do not appreciate hockey talk.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m going to try to be more active, but with my oldest playing AA hockey this year, and me not coaching I should be around more.

TBH, as long as he got your wife's brane and your mudd7ness, he could easily become Sean Avery in a few years. Avery did well and made millions in the NHL now owns several restaurants in NYC and is doing just fine.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THE DRAFT

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
TBH, as long as he got your wife's brane and your mudd7ness, he could easily become Sean Avery in a few years. Avery did well and made millions in the NHL now owns several restaurants in NYC and is doing just fine.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THE DRAFT
Hahaha that would be my youngest. Kid is always stirring shit up on the ice at 10 yr old. Oldest is way more smarter definitely didn’t get my brane. If he ever gets some mudd7ness to go with his size and speed college is definitely a possibility.

Can’t wait to see them announce Bedard.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
1 Bedard and watch social media explode

19 David Edstrom

35 Stremel

Our center depth just got deep

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hahaha that would be my youngest. Kid is always stirring shit up on the ice at 10 yr old. Oldest is way more smarter definitely didn’t get my brane. If he ever gets some mudd7ness to go with his size and speed college is definitely a possibility.

Can’t wait to see them announce Bedard.
Are we sure Bedard is going to be the pick though? ALso when is the draft?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
New to this part of the forum but count me in!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I was going to do mock draft discussions but didn’t want to deal with anyone low t enough to delete another thread or post

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw an article about us taking on absorbing Merzilenkins and getting two firsts in this draft for eating his remaining salary.

First of all.

It's speculated compensation and I can promise it won't be two firsts in this draft, and if you include a single first from this draft that's all it will be and you take it.

Probably we might throw in a second or two and get the higher late first this year and another first next year.

But this years picks are worth too much at this stage because you know the caliber of prospect you are getting and it's top ten through about 20-25 I imagine.

The more times we trade up into the top 20 in this year's draft the happier we will be long term. Imo

So I doubt that return is possible.
But I like Merzilenkins and/or Stallock for us. Players need a goalie behind them to develop right.

Merz just played through a grief year. Probably needs change of scenery and more time. He's a natural mentor and will be good for the guys.

If we can take picks back, especially a juicy 2023 first, and force ourselves in a sense to delay the rebuild, wait for salary to ferment for the right time, resist free agency temptations with a young Bedard.

The Oilers mistake was going in too early to support McDavid. Then being maxed out and stuck for several years.

If we just wait, and maintain patience to prolong the window, build three years ahead, cash assets gradually at best values, wait for big long term opportunities that look like they fit well. Look for the ways of unexpected fits.

The Hawks dreams are real now.

But any talks with Columbus make me nervous about the Russian deal for #3 overall ahead of Montreal.

I sense still the Hawks are high on 3 players in this draft, and have some stupid reason they overcooked why Bedard isn't their best fit.

Last edited:

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I was going to do mock draft discussions but didn’t want to deal with anyone low t enough to delete another thread or post
All for discussion.

Use the ignore feature it works perfectly.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I saw an article about us taking on absorbing Merzilenkins and getting two firsts in this draft for eating his remaining salary.

First of all.

It's speculated compensation and I can promise it won't be two firsts in this draft, and if you include a single first from this draft that's all it will be and you take it.

Probably we might throw in a second or two and get the higher late first this year and another first next year.

But this years picks are worth too much at this stage because you know the caliber of prospect you are getting and it's top ten through about 20-25 I imagine.

The more times we trade up into the top 20 in this year's draft the happier we will be long term. Imo

But I like Merzilenkins and/or Stallock for us. Players need a goalie behind them to develop right.

Merz just played through a grief year. Probably needs change of scenery and more time. He's a natural mentor and will be good for the guys.

If we can take picks back, especially a juicy 2023 first, and force ourselves in a sense to delay the rebuild, wait for salary to ferment for the right time, resist free agency temptations with a young Bedard.

The Oilers mistake was going in too early to support McDavid. Then being maxed out and stuck for several years.

If we just wait, and maintain patience to prolong the window, build three years ahead, cash assets gradually at best values, wait for big long term opportunities that look like they fit well. Look for the ways of unexpected fits.

But any talks with Columbus make me nervous about the Russian deal for #3 overall ahead of Montreal.

I sense still the Hawks are high on 3 players in this draft, and have some stupid reason they overcooked why Bedard isn't their best fit.
The Oilers mistake was trusting that dumbass Chia.

Signing a washed up Looch, trading Hall for a mid defenseman killed them before they even had a shot.

The Oilers had a shot at creating a dynasty. Poor drafting does kill that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Oilers mistake was trusting that dumbass Chia.

Signing a washed up Looch, trading Hall for a mid defenseman killed them before they even had a shot.

The Oilers had a shot at creating a dynasty. Poor drafting does kill that.

DESPITE their own best efforts e did finally see Oilers with good goal tending due to Skinner getting hot, scorching hot up until last series.

The team defense is really their Achilles heel. They have two top ten players and should probably trade them both for Hershel Walkers right now.

If they got 10 firsts for next three years out of it ....

What does stuck in almost great do them? Obviously you re-roll their core, shuffle the trash at back end around and hope you catch magic and the right deadline deal, Skinner gets hot again.

But it's like the Angels of
baseball ... They have two top 100 all time players look amazing every night and they have to win 7-6 most games. It doesn't look good or probable anymore.

Another year or two they might have to trade one, but as soon as they do that I think it becomes obvious.

Trade Draisaittle first.

Let McDavid demonstrate his value without the other.

Or trade both at same time.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
DESPITE their own best efforts e did finally see Oilers with good goal tending due to Skinner getting hot, scorching hot up until last series.

The team defense is really their Achilles heel. They have two top ten players and should probably trade them both for Hershel Walkers right now.

If they got 10 firsts for next three years out of it ....

What does stuck in almost great do them? Obviously you re-roll their core, shuffle the trash at back end around and hope you catch magic and the right deadline deal, Skinner gets hot again.

But it's like the Angels of
baseball ... They have two top 100 all time players look amazing every night and they have to win 7-6 most games. It doesn't look good or probable anymore.

Another year or two they might have to trade one, but as soon as they do that I think it becomes obvious.

Trade Draisaittle first.

Let McDavid demonstrate his value without the other.

Or trade both at same time.
You really can't trade either without getting the shit end of the stick.

McDavid is so damn good there's nothing outside of Bedard or Matthew's plus plus plus that's worth it for the Oilers to down grade. Then throw in McD would probably want to go to a playoff team then that team is doing salary cap gymnastics along with gutting themselves of all the players they need to win a Cup and you can see its basically impossible to move him outside of him not signing another contract in Edmonton, which, I wouldn't blame him at all for.

And Drais next contract is going to be what, 100k less then the max contract McD gets?

Nice problem to have but the Hawks need to go a different route with Bedard.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

First of all.

As I said in another thread: Merz is a career .906. His 1st year was his best at .923 and his numbers have been dropping ever since--to a Lalime-like .876 this past season. No thank you. He's not an upgrade from Mrazek.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As I said in another thread: Merz is a career .906. His 1st year was his best at .923 and his numbers have been dropping ever since--to a Lalime-like .876 this past season. No thank you. He's not an upgrade from Mrazek.
.923 rookie with nothing in front of him, played through a grief year with death of his protege.

If they want to pay us high picks to eat salary we could do worse.

I suspect he is a goalie who matures well in a few years and we see a stellar season or two in his late prime.

When Columbus was better so was he.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
.923 rookie with nothing in front of him, played through a grief year with death of his protege.

If they want to pay us high picks to eat salary we could do worse.

I suspect he is a goalie who matures well in a few years and we see a stellar season or two in his late prime.

When Columbus was better so was he.
Or he's a Niemi: peaked very early then never recovered. His numbers are not good after his rookie campaign... No matter what the reason. We don't want a netminder who has only a couple of good seasons, we want a netminder who is consistently good.

We shouldn't be giving up anything valuable for him. Plus, we do have a few promising G prospects.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Or he's a Niemi: peaked very early then never recovered. His numbers are not good after his rookie campaign... No matter what the reason. We don't want a netminder who has only a couple of good seasons, we want a netminder who is consistently good.

We shouldn't be giving up anything valuable for him. Plus, we do have a few promising G prospects.
Agreed. Enough with bringing in other teams discards....saw enough of that with Bullin and Huet. I'd much rather have a young goalie to grow with the team in the Crawford mold.