Update on Team vaccination rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
E67TBjeXIAEq4Xe
Hes got $25 million or so reasons he will probably get over it.

I actually understand African American hesitancy much more than redneck hesitancy

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
The amount of threats of retirement this week will be interesting to watch. I would venture that 95% are recanted because once a guy in a labcoat (their DR) speaks to them in person about vaccines it will make more sense than TV evangelicals/journalists.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
variants...vaccines it dont matter, variants will continue to pop up regardless of if the entire world were vaccinated...Being vaccinated doesnt mean you wont get the variant and have a chance at dying from it...
if your over 50 taking the vaccine should be a no brainer since most likely you wont live to go through the side effects 20-30 yrs later...for those under 50 its a gamble for sure...take the vaccine and have a lower chance of one of the variants killing you and suffer from side effects down the road or dont take the vaccine and hope one of the covid strains doesnt kill you...

A couple points:

1 - Variants happen as the virus grows in a person's body. That means if you have taken something like a vaccine to reduce the probability of transfer you directly reduce the probability of a variant happening.

2 - The 'chance' part I put in red of your paragraph is important. Not all 'chances' are the same. Maybe it's better to look at things as a probability. If you are under 50 and get vaccinated you have a far lower probability of dying from it. Let's not forget something that might be more important is that you have a way lower probability of transferring it to someone else, who based on age or preexisting conditions would be considered a 'high risk'.

When taking about those probabilities we have to know there is also a probability of a short, medium or long term issue with taking the vaccine.

As of June 6th the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) has reported a 0.0017% death rate among people who have had the vaccine, but it's important to note identifies 'any adverse event' causing deaths and does not determine the cause of death. thoughts are that COVID-19 is type of coronavirus.

To help with an apples-to-apples comparison the percentage chance of death from COVID-19 pre vaccine (Nov 2020) was 0.1% for people under 40. Now this stat is the same as the VAERS where it might include deaths that were not directly COVID-19, but happened while the patent was sick. 0.1% is 58X more than 0.0017%. We focused on the sub 40 group, but you have to remember the chance of transferring to the high risk group or transferring to a variant is created is greatly increased if you are not vaccinated. NOT ONLY DO THE STATS SHOW YOU BETTER PROTECT YOURSELF, BUT IT GREATLY HELPS PROTECT THE ONES MOST AT RISK.

If you just don't trust vaccines you should know we have been making coronavirus vaccines for along time. the science community has been doing it since the 1930s with the first flu shot, so we have a lot of history there. I will add that the two many vaccine logics being mRNA and RNA are more current, but that still has a history within vaccines that predates COVID-19.

Last edited:

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Can you explain please? I assume you have a legit reason but would like to hear it.
The Tuskegee study of untreated syphilis is a good place to start. It was a 40 year study to observe the impact of untreated syphilis done on African American men. They were told by the government they were receiving free healthcare, when in fact they were infected with syphilis and it was left untreated and they were monitored for it's impacts. I'm going off memory, so look it up if you have time. I believe it was supposed to last 6 months and went on for 40 years. Many died, many of their wives were infected and children were born with the disease. It's crazy stuff.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Can you explain please? I assume you have a legit reason but would like to hear it.
The African American population has long held distrust for the healthcare system because of things such as the Tuskegee trials in which African Americans were intentionally infected with syphilis without knowing. Also oftentimes they have lived in communities that don't have quality healthcare accessible to them and therefore are use to a broken system that doesn't take care of them

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Hes got $25 million or so reasons he will probably get over it.

I actually understand African American hesitancy much more than redneck hesitancy

Read Black Rednecks and White Liberals by Thomas Sowell. He details how redneck culture is connected to black american culture.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Read Black Rednecks and White Liberals by Thomas Sowell. He details how redneck culture is connected to black american culture.
Hmm I'm guessing I'd strongly disagree with this theory but interested to see it

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Hmm I'm guessing I'd strongly disagree with this theory but interested to see it

It's super interesting, I don't want to dilute Sowell's points by bastardizing them, but a lot of this stuff makes sense when you realize that southern white rednecks and black americans emerged from a very similar culture. Black americans migrated from the south into the northern cities, they had adopted a lot of redneck culture

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Amazing the mental gymnastics some of you have gone through to justify not getting the vaccine.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
We have legit doctors and biologists on this board advocating for the vaccine, but motherfuckers like, nah…

napo55

Liked Posts:
It's super interesting, I don't want to dilute Sowell's points by bastardizing them, but a lot of this stuff makes sense when you realize that southern white rednecks and black americans emerged from a very similar culture. Black americans migrated from the south into the northern cities, they had adopted a lot of redneck culture

I think a major factor is that we have an underclass in the US who can barely afford housing and basic expenses. It consists of racial minorities and poor whites. These folks have little reason to trust the "system."

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is true of all vaccines, however the level of antibodies necessary for protection against COVID-19 has yet to be determined. For example, a vaccine starting with an initial efficacy of 95% would be expected to maintain 77% efficacy by 250 d...Important caveats to this modeling are that (1) it assumes that neutralization is a major mechanism of protection (or that the mechanism of protection remains correlated with neutralization over time), although B cell memory and T cell responses may be more durable3,4,5,35 and may play a larger role later after infection or vaccination;

Like when @dabears70 wears 3 condoms with his sex doll, one is is all that is needed to prevent the creation of a cheating FF overlord latex baby.
Just having the program in your immune system memory banks is huge. You don't get overrun while your body if figuring out what antibodies to produce. As variants appear that also becomes somewhat less effective but they still tend to keep the infection at a stalemate until your body adjusts. You tend have less antibodies of any type in your body 6 weeks after clearing an infection.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Forget Fauci….. what about the literally tens of thousands of doctors across the world that support the vaccine? Are they all liars and frauds?
God you're pathetic. Yeah. Lets just ignore that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A couple points:

1 - Variants happen as the virus grows in a person's body. That means if you have taken something like a vaccine to reduce the probability of transfer you directly reduce the probability of a variant happening.

2 - The 'chance' part I put in red of your paragraph is important. Not all 'chances' are the same. Maybe it's better to look at things as a probability. If you are under 50 and get vaccinated you have a far lower probability of dying from it. Let's not forget something that might be more important is that you have a way lower probability of transferring it to someone else, who based on age or preexisting conditions would be considered a 'high risk'.

When taking about those probabilities we have to know there is also a probability of a short, medium or long term issue with taking the vaccine.

As of June 6th the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) has reported a 0.0017% death rate among people who have had the vaccine, but it's important to note identifies 'any adverse event' causing deaths and does not determine the cause of death. thoughts are that COVID-19 is type of coronavirus.

To help with an apples-to-apples comparison the percentage chance of death from COVID-19 pre vaccine (Nov 2020) was 0.1% for people under 40. Now this stat is the same as the VAERS where it might include deaths that were not directly COVID-19, but happened while the patent was sick. 0.1% is 58X more than 0.0017%. We focused on the sub 40 group, but you have to remember the chance of transferring to the high risk group or transferring to a variant is created is greatly increased if you are not vaccinated. NOT ONLY DO THE STATS SHOW YOU BETTER PROTECT YOURSELF, BUT IT GREATLY HELPS PROTECT THE ONES MOST AT RISK.

If you just don't trust vaccines you should know we have been making coronavirus vaccines for along time. the science community has been doing it since the 1930s with the first flu shot, so we have a lot of history there. I will add that the two many vaccine logics being mRNA and RNA are more current, but that still has a history within vaccines that predates COVID-19.
And this data is effectively before the Delta or Lambda etc. The higher likelyhood of youth helping with severe infection is quickly vanishing. Children seemed safe because they lacked receptors for the virus. They are now getting sick and showing up in intensive care with the Delta strain. I believe there's a few on life support in Florida and Alabama as I type this.

Status
Not open for further replies.