Updated: EA Sports NHL20

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If anyone plays NHL 19 put your gamertag and system you play on.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lmao gosh. I may be turning into a boomer.
Haha thread made it over a year without a comment; has to be some kind of record.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Updated title. Does anyone have 20. Got a question. I'm itching for some sports so I think I might pick this up because it's on sale but there's three different versions. I don't know what the stuff in the deluxe and ultimate version is worth. are they just fast unlockables that you get eventually or is it exclusive content in the deluxe and ultimate version? Is it worth it? It says something about custom HUT and some sort of custom bag.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Updated title. Does anyone have 20. Got a question. I'm itching for some sports so I think I might pick this up because it's on sale but there's three different versions. I don't know what the stuff in the deluxe and ultimate version is worth. are they just fast unlockables that you get eventually or is it exclusive content in the deluxe and ultimate version? Is it worth it? It says something about custom HUT and some sort of custom bag.

I'd like to know too.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'd like to know too.
It's garbage.... the extra items from the ultimate deluxe version or whatever it's called. I got it, but really it amounted to extra packs that you don't really need. I got the blackhawks and home and away jersey and such just from setting them as my prefered team I think, but extra stuff is mostly fluff. The base game is on mega sale for like 23 bucks right now with Plus on playstation. I'm digging it. haven't played too much, I would suggest don't get bogged down in the charecter creation and visuals as you can always come back to it, but definately do the training camp stuff.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
20 is free on xbox live with game pass ult along with every EA game right now.

I just sim seasons. With 94 controls on the hardest setting, I will still out score the AI by at least ten. With overheard view you see way too much openings.

Only won the Cup with the Hawks once.

Built around Dach and Boqvist, who won back to back Norris trophy's once with a 34 goal year. Every other week either Strome or Kubi complained about ice time, drafted By field who became a friggin stud along with Dach.

I did come across a player who scored 245 points one year in a sim year, wasn't on my team.??

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

I just sim seasons. With 94 controls on the hardest setting, I will still out score the AI by at least ten. With overheard view you see way too much openings.

Built around Dach and Boqvist, who won back to back Norris trophy's once with a 34 goal year. Every other week either Strome or Kubi complained about ice time, drafted By field who became a friggin stud along with Dach.

I did come across a player who scored 245 points one year in a sim year, wasn't on my team.??
I tried doing the sim thing some, but the game got way too complex for me for time consumption. I was happy to tweak some scouts and such, but it did more damage to only tweak a few things than to tweak nothing at all. For me it felt like if you start playing with a few things you hand to play with them all or it's going to be a bad season.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sounds like you should scout that player to understand what traits trick the game.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Sounds like you should scout that player to understand what traits trick the game.
Honestly I think he comes in every 25 year franchise mode, as somebody similar popped up in 19 too.

In my 20 franchise, he was drafted by the Capitals, turned Tom Wilson into a 50 goal scorer, and won eight straight MVPs.

So curious was I, I played a game and he scored five against me, which was ironic because Holtby was my goalie and he was at 86. Sure I won like 18 to 5, but never ever gave up five frigging goals to shoddy AI.

Still, a fun little bug in franchise mode