Urlacher: Beck didn't need to apologize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked Posts:
By Vaughn McClure

Before last week, Brian Urlacher had never heard of Glenn Beck.

After Beck, the Fox News personality, called the Bears linebacker a neo-Nazi during his show, Urlacher quickly found out a little background on Beck from others.

"One of my buddies called me and told me that I was going to think it was funny and it was funny," Urlacher said. "It's dumb. I think people blew it out of proportion."

Beck apologized at Foxnews.com.

But Urlacher saw no need.

"I don't think the guy was being malicious," he said. "He has a show, he was being funny, and that's it. He didn't know who I was, obviously. Even if he wouldn't have apologized, it wouldn't have been a big deal to me. I don't care about all that stuff."

More...

TheDude13

Liked Posts:
That's because Brian Urlacher is a man and he realizes that sticks and stones can break his bones, but words can never hurt him. Unlike his pu$$y quarterback.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly just want this story to die. It's meaningless now and Urlacher doesn't care.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
i concur with USC

Lefty

Liked Posts:
That's because Brian Urlacher is a man and he realizes that sticks and stones can break his bones, but words can never hurt him. Unlike his pu$$y quarterback.

Right, because Brian Urlacher has manned up time and time again to surreptitiously call out his QB in the media (when he was injured and not even playing). Yup, that's a man's man right there. :rolleyes:

RustedShut

Liked Posts:
I bet Urlacher would have cared if Beck would have criticized his play.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Since when is Cutler a pussy QB? :rolleyes:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right, because Brian Urlacher has manned up time and time again to surreptitiously call out his QB in the media (when he was injured and not even playing). Yup, that's a man's man right there. :rolleyes:

Oh shut up.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:

What a dumbass statement. If you took even a couple of the hits that Jay took last in Chicago or in Denver before that. you would be crying like a little girl all the way to the hospital.

When you have taken hits like Urlacher and Cutler have then you can talk about them, I have taken my far share of hits when I played so I have the right.

Just because you don't like him or your a fan of other team, still doesn't give you the right to call any player, "pussy" he stood there week after week taking hit after hit, just to get up and do it all over agan.

FedEx227

Liked Posts:

Yet anytime something is said about him or his teammates in the sports media he throws a total hissy fit?

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
What a dumbass statement. If you took even a couple of the hits that Jay took last in Chicago or in Denver before that. you would be crying like a little girl all the way to the hospital.

When you have taken hits like Urlacher and Cutler have then you can talk about them, I have taken my far share of hits when I played so I have the right.

Just because you don't like him or your a fan of other team, still doesn't give you the right to call any player, "pussy" he stood there week after week taking hit after hit, just to get up and do it all over agan.

This. If there's one thing you can't call Cutler, it's a "pussy". He took shot after shot last year and kept getting up, helicopter spins into the endzone, bloody noses, and all.

Manticore

Liked Posts:
Yet anytime something is said about him or his teammates in the sports media he throws a total hissy fit?

To be fair,this is after years of criticism that he was too softspoken regarding team matters to be "THE" linebacker of the Chicago Bears.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Did you read what he said right? He wasn't saying Cutler can't take ahit! The meaning of that phrase is WORDS hurt Jay Cutler as in when he got all upset at McDaniels and got himself out of Denver. Not what you assumed to be something about Cutler not being able to take a hit. Urlacher on his end said, it doesn't bother him, meaning the words said.

BTW you are not more validated in any way because you've taken plenty of hits to you body when you played. Why not perceive what is said before you rant in a attempt to call yourself superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.