Velus Jones Jr

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Fans don't realize the effectiveness a gadget receiver can have on a struggling 7 on 7 offense.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Did anyone else catch poles throwing his hand up at the board after this pick as to say “man he was right there”. Zero ability to trade apparently. All he cares about is his weird live in assistant and his old spice coach.
Explain more. I didn't see and quite don't understand what you're saying

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I like this guy a lot. Just wish we’d have rolled the dice earlier on a prospect in the early 2nd with a better chance to hit on right away.

I do actually like the strategy of going with pure burners at WR to take advantage of Fields’s crazy accurate deep ball.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Huge reach at WR but not quite as bad as Tyquan Thornton by the Pats in the 2nd.
Silver lining....

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The prospect grade has spoken. They are never wrong…lol

Uhh, you're the one who claimed he's as good as a vet because of his age (???) and a good WR. It's not that the predictions are 100% but they (who are pros BTW) obviously don't agree with your excuses for the Bears continuing to be losers.
I don't know about the CB and Safety, but I'm pretty sure this guy isn't the one we've been looking for. It's just more of the same old shit from the Bears. And yes every player in the draft from here on will be in that same old shit class.

All signs are pointing to this guy wasn't drafted to be a WR or won't make it on the team in that capacity unless it's like Hester being a returner pretending to be a WR because the Bears didn't want to pay him just to do what he did best.

GSHSoldier

Liked Posts:
A wideout who can't run routes for shit?

He's like the anti-rileyridley. Maybe this will work out

kevin White aka one route ring a bell? At least this guy is a 3rd round pick and fast af

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Everyone complaining Fields needed a WR that could contribute NOW to help him develop. They draft one, and people complain because he’s older and may not be here for a 2nd contract.

Just laughable…
I'm happy they drafted a WR. I wish it had been sooner but I'm glad they drafted one. But you're simplifying why a person may not like this pick and ignoring the team's roster context. I've already said that I know nothing about him. I hope he's the GOAT. I hope he's our Tyreek Hill.

The receiver they chose will be 25 when he's a rookie. The Bears are going to suck in 2022. It's unlikely (but not unheard of) they take a significant step forward in 2023. So if you're likely to suck the next two seasons, wouldn't you want to draft a player with higher upside potential? You're not winning anything of substance so who cares if there are growing pains with a young WR. When you're ready to compete in a couple years, that player is just hitting the beginning stages of their prime. The 25 year old receiver is almost a finished product now. It's an odd fit from a strictly competitive timeline wise.

I value long term upside over short term, limited upside when on a rebuilding timeline. It's a personal preference.