Velus Jones Jr

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Its pretty concerning that he can't get on the field especially with Pringle out. I just don't think that he knows the offense at all.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Its pretty concerning that he can't get on the field especially with Pringle out. I just don't think that he knows the offense at all.

Not really, he just started practicing this week, he's way behind the curve right now. He'll get snaps.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
The people who urged caution on this pick and called it Poles outthinking himself are looking more and more correct, and the people who immediately bought into Velus Jones being an impact receiver are looking more and more foolish.
Not every draft pock will be hit. ..

Let's just wait this season is a wash

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The people who urged caution on this pick and called it Poles outthinking himself are looking more and more correct, and the people who immediately bought into Velus Jones being an impact receiver are looking more and more foolish.
He will never be an impact at receiver. Maybe a lite lite lite deebo. He sucks ass at that right now too

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I like this guy a lot. Just wish we’d have rolled the dice earlier on a prospect in the early 2nd with a better chance to hit on right away.

I do actually like the strategy of going with pure burners at WR to take advantage of Fields’s crazy accurate deep ball.

Lol

Bust

Liked Posts:

are you saying Poles whiffed twice at the WR position already with Jones and Claypool ??!!??

#PANIC

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The prospect grade has spoken. They are never wrong…lol
And you always are! I never thought i would miss this idiot but his track record is hilariously bad.
A thread to keep an eye on as the season progresses. A lot of people making declarative statements on Velus Jones one way or the other, and insulting each other about it.
There is no better way to CCS, IMO.

I cant wait for more of these threads during the draft.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Who will be this year's reach bust Velus pick?

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I still like the pick. It's not uncommon for receivers to take 3 years to develop in the NFL. He made several big plays on limited snaps. He has to fix his fumbling issues but its way to early to judge him.

For the people that use him as a punching bag I find it impressive that you can only remember the fumbles and completely block out the play making.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
If this staff is smart you basically give Jones some basic deep routes and then some underneath routes that look like deep routes. Teams will have to respect his deep speed and Fields deep accuracy and the cushion they give means Jones can then catch passes underneath with space to use that YAC ability

Damn man insane insight into VJJ, so glad he is used as a guy catching passes underneath and using his YAC! Fckn nailed it

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Best case scenario VJJ's ceiling is Patterson last year with Falcons. Worst case and he is Patterson with the Bears.
IDK i think patterson with the bears has been significantly better than VJJ with the bears so far, fcknn nailed it!

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
He has 2 elite traits ie elite speed and elite RAC ability. He doesnt need to know how to run all the routes to be successful.

Cordarelle Paterson is still is a poor route runner. He had a great year last year with over 1k combined receiving and rushing yards because you cant stop him from getting the ball on short passes and runs. All you can really try to do is stop him from turning it into a big play which has nothing to do with route running and everthing to do with play design, blocking and the ability to miss or break tackles.

So he was drafted because it will be easy to get him the ball. The question is whether you can consistently set it up for him to get YAC after getting the ball. In addition, if teams cheat then he has a great counter in that he has the speed to beat you deep. So it is like a speed pass rusher. If teams set up to stop the speed rush then you need a counter to keep them honest. VJJ has that so it comes down not to advanced route running but whether his YAC and speed traits translate well to the NFL.

Patterson didnt magically get better running routes in year 9 of the NFL. He simply went to a team with an OC that designed better plays and had better blocking in front of him to allow him to use his YAC ability. 30.2% of his passes were behind the LoS. 50.8% were 0-9 yards so that is 81% of passes that were short. That is what you will see from VJJ.
Did we see much behind LOS passes to VJJ? once again, absolutely called it sir! please elaborate as to what Poles is thinking, we need his intel.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Do you not know what irony means. It is kid of stupid and ironic to post an article that contradicts your claim from 2 posts earlier.

Apparently it is not that weird that Poles had VJJ as BPA per the McShay article you were so kind enough to share. So thanks I guess for doing the work to dispute your own opinion.
seriously wasn't weird at all that VJJ was BPA. makes perfect sense in hindsight.