Vic Fangio is pissed off @ ravens headcoach

Bust

Liked Posts:
You tell em Vic !!

"I thought it was kind of bulls---. I expected it from them,'' Fangio said. "Thirty-seven years of pro ball I've never seen anything like that ... but it was to be expected, and we expected it.''

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To correct Fangio we saw this once before, with Farve/Strahan.

Not totally the same but chasing records instead of playing the game the right way.

Unfortunate it happened against one of the last old school dinosaurs. I gotta side with Fangs here and think Harbaugh deserves a spanking from the players union as well.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
You tell em Vic !!

"I thought it was kind of bulls---. I expected it from them,'' Fangio said. "Thirty-seven years of pro ball I've never seen anything like that ... but it was to be expected, and we expected it.''
I think that's funny.

They ran the ball. That's not running up the score. I'd go for the record, as long as it wasn't costing a win. Records are part of the spice of the game.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

Not totally the same but chasing records instead of playing the game the right way.

Unfortunate it happened against one of the last old school dinosaurs. I gotta side with Fangs here and think Harbaugh deserves a spanking from the players union as well.
lol He is isn't he? It's a regular season game, not exhibition. Most players are in for records as long as they win the game.

buttscoot

Liked Posts:

Why call the players union? Urban Meyer is available...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maybe if Fangio didn't call pass plays and use all three of timeouts in the final 1:51 then the Ravens wouldn't have had time to call that running play.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Maybe if Fangio didn't call pass plays and use all three of timeouts in the final 1:51 then the Ravens wouldn't have had time to call that running play.
Almost as if they were trying to still come back in a 2 score game or something. He should have been thinking "let's concede the game and make sure we run the clock out so the 1970s Steelers preserve the NFL record of consecutive games rushing over 100 yards"

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Almost as if they were trying to still come back in a 2 score game or something. He should have been thinking "let's concede the game and make sure we run the clock out so the 1970s Steelers preserve the NFL record of consecutive games rushing over 100 yards"
So you're saying that Fangio was doing something in the best interest for his team?

Interesting.

Bort

Liked Posts:
It was only a 2 score game. They were trying to win. Totally different than putting your players at risk chasing a record.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It was only a 2 score game. They were trying to win. Totally different than putting your players at risk chasing a record.
When the Broncos got the ball back their win probability was 0.08% Why is Harbaugh putting his players at risk and Fangio isn't?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
One of the biggest Vic fans there is but he sounds Whiney about this.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Maybe we should have a summer camp where Vic Fangio whips these grown suburban soyboys into shape.

Vic may very well be a free agent if he doesn't win this year. It's already his 3rd year and still have huge question marks at qb position with Bridgewater and Lock leading the depth chart. Both looked awful vs ravens.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Vic may very well be a free agent if he doesn't win this year. It's already his 3rd year and still have huge question marks at qb position with Bridgewater and Lock leading the depth chart. Both looked awful vs ravens.
Will Sean Desai take him on as an assistant?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't have a problem with Harbaugh going for the record. I have a huge problem with Favre handing Strahan the record instead of making him earn it.