Video: Eddie Jackson and the 12 safeties drafted ahead of him

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Really good safety draft, I remember discussing all of those 1st round selections, and Jackson has turned out to be the absolute gem from ALL of those picks, I wouldn't trade him for any of them even with all the hindsight.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Eddie fractured his leg in his final college game, a first or second round pick and a failure would have cost any GM his job.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Adams is the only safety even comparable, and I still would take Eddie. Pace absolutely nailed this one.
Adams is good, But I think Eddie is the better "FS", the Bears have needed that stud at FS forever.. it seemed like every time we picked up a safety, he fit the SS role a lot better than the true center fielder.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adams is good, But I think Eddie is the better "FS", the Bears have needed that stud at FS forever.. it seemed like every time we picked up a safety, he fit the SS role a lot better than the true center fielder.

Thats cause they are rare as shit

Theres prob only 3-4 true "roaming" safeties in the league any given year.

Pace scored big with Jackson.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pretty much. There just aren't many more than a handful of safeties in the league with Eddie's range, route recognition and big play ability. Remember, Eddie played corner before he played safety at Bama so he already had developed some route recognition along the way which I'm sure has served him well as a safety.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow - that early HS tape of him as a WR was cool to see. Dude busted & dodged defenders with some sick broken tackles.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
We all know that Pace scored big with Jackson, as long as he plays.

This is part of the reason some of us get upset when he deals a pick to move up to get a trick shoulder receiver, after investing in 3 free agent wide receivers. The Eddie Jackson pick is one of those middle round picks that Pace has won big on, so they are almost bigger than our first and second round picks, but constantly get moved to move up for players that end up showing it was not deserved. When you have a 3 year to develop OLB, a tight end from a tiny school barely on the radar playing in a men among boys football conference, you need big wins on these 3rd and 4th rounders.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
We all know that Pace scored big with Jackson, as long as he plays.

This is part of the reason some of us get upset when he deals a pick to move up to get a trick shoulder receiver, after investing in 3 free agent wide receivers. The Eddie Jackson pick is one of those middle round picks that Pace has won big on, so they are almost bigger than our first and second round picks, but constantly get moved to move up for players that end up showing it was not deserved. When you have a 3 year to develop OLB, a tight end from a tiny school barely on the radar playing in a men among boys football conference, you need big wins on these 3rd and 4th rounders.

You're complaining about Pace trading up, yet he traded up to get Eddie...

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imagine if Pace had gone a safer route and selected George Kittle of Iowa (aka TE U).
? Makes me sad but you only get 2 EJs and Cohens per draft. The 3 guys taken between them haven't done much either. Sure doesn't justify a 2nd rnd bust if that's what he becomes. He's traded down for extra picks as well. I just appreciate that he goes into drafts knowing exactly what he wants to do with contingencies. It's so refreshing after JA and Emery would let the draft catch them out.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I still remember all the people clamoring for Adams and all the debates about how S is one of the worst positions to take in the top 10 or top 5.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still remember all the people clamoring for Adams and all the debates about how S is one of the worst positions to take in the top 10 or top 5.
Yea...i was against Adams and wanted the kid from Ohio State who ended up going to the Colts. I think my backup safety that I wanted was Amobi Akoye and he hasn't done shit either. I guess that's why I'm not a GM.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
coming out of the draft, people were not sure if Adams was going to stay at safety or go to ILB. So there was a question there. The only question. As far as leadership, there was never a question.

He had a choice of Fournette, Davis, Adams, Williams, McCaffery, Maholmes, Lattimore and Watson and just inked a quarterback.

If he went with Adams, probably wold have still taken Jackson. imagine that duo. I am pretty sure the people clamoring were considering we were trading down and getting more picks.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

Not sure if you follow the NFL, but Jamal Adams can play football at a high level.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine if Pace had gone a safer route and selected George Kittle of Iowa (aka TE U).

If Pace were a safer GM he may not have selected Jackson or Cohen....

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
If Pace were a safer GM he may not have selected Jackson or Cohen....

Agreed. Go big or go home. That is my CCS posting motto, too. Nobody hits on every draft pick, except Bort/dabears70/xer0h0ur.