***Video*** Fields on being a bear

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Love this pick. I've been saying the only guys I think are real NFL starters is Fields and Lawrence.

He might not be too excited now because he fell so far and he won't get to immediately start like Lawrence & Wilson.
I wanted the Bears to get Fields, but worry that he can be a guy you really want nothing to do with.
So far, he has done nothing to calm those fears.

It looked like has was pissed that he got drafted by the bears, and this video gives me the "you're just lucky to be talking to ME" vibes.

But I hope it's simply overreaction on my part, and I will give him some leeway given that these are young guys we're talking about.

Physically, he has tools. Mentally, I worry that he's Cade McNown 2.0. But I know he's got talent.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm high, but I think we got THE guy.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wanted the Bears to get Fields, but worry that he can be a guy you really want nothing to do with.

It looked like has was pissed that he got drafted by the bears, and this video gives me the "you're just lucky to be talking to ME" vibes.

But I hope it's simply overreaction on my part, and I will give him some leeway given that these are young guys we're talking about.

Physically, he has tools. Mentally, I worry that he's Cade McNown 2.0. But I know he's got talent.
Well if he was honest in his interview, which I have no reason to doubt based on his experience with Georgia and transferring to osu, then the kid seems just relieved to get it over with and will work with Nagy. Glad we have another chance so quick after getting rid of mitch, could have been like what we experienced in the 2000’s with no shot at qb and 30 (exaggerating) starters.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Charlotte Hornets
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh my god, I’m still in shock that we got him !
We finally have a player that has the potential to be our franchise QB for the next 10 years.
Big thanks to San Francisco for taking Trey Lance, the Trubisky nightmare is done now.
I know that Fields has to prove himself first, but he has so much potential and I’m really excited like all of you guys (I already put him on my PP btw ?)

Bear Down ! ?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Where does this even come from? Is this just a "feeling"? Lol.

I'm an Ohio State fan, I watch a lot of games. I don't know where this is coming from.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He has glaring weaknesses and now you have sent him to a dysfunctional quarterback hell where his number one wide receiver is destined to hold out and his two starters at tackle are literally the two worst in the NFL.
Tell us with all of your deep understanding of football his "glaring" weaknesses. We'll sit though it. Laugh, debunk (don't really have to do the last part as all of the lazy takes have been handled by those who know better) and watch you try to refute with more nonsense. It will be fun ?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Tell us with all of your deep understanding of football his "glaring" weaknesses. We'll sit though it. Laugh, debunk (don't really have to do the last part as all of the lazy takes have been handled by those who know better) and watch you try to refute with more nonsense. It will be fun ?
He doesn't really know how to play quarterback when he isn't by far the best athlete on the field. Before you point to Bama and Clemson, please know that both Bama and Clemson were not their usual great defensive selves this past college football season.

Justin Fields faced good defenses against Northwestern and Indiana and got creamed both times. There's obvious potential to him, he physically has all the tools, but when are people going to learn that this position is ninety percent between the ears?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He doesn't really know how to play quarterback when he isn't by far the best athlete on the field. Before you point to Bama and Clemson, please know that both Bama and Clemson were not their usual great defensive selves this past college football season.

Justin Fields faced good defenses against Northwestern and Indiana and got creamed both times. There's obvious potential to him, he physically has all the tools, but when are people going to learn that this position is ninety percent between the ears?
Your first sentence is so stupid it hurts but I can't help but laugh. When are you going to read and find out a bit more about what he has between his ears? His intelligence through the roof. His physical and mental toughness has been challenged and he has responded.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Dude what are u smoking? Are u questioning his mental capacity?

"Justin Fields, the guy who supposedly can't go through his reads, doesn't have great work ethic, all this bogus stuff -- he scored the highest. Ever. He scored the highest that they can rank him. He scored a 130 on it. [Patrick] Mahomes was like a 108. Josh Allen was like a 108. Over 100 is good.

-Former NFL quarterback and current analyst Mark Sanchez

Last edited:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Why don't you like the pick?
Justin Fields really does get stuck on reads, and that isn't a problem that is going to go away when he was NFL-quality edge rushers looking to decapitate him on every play. The Bears are not to the NFL what Ohio State is to the B1G (or even college football at large). He's going to have a big time reality check when he realizes that he's surrounded by guys who are substantially worse than the defenders he is playing against.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Justin Fields really does get stuck on reads, and that isn't a problem that is going to go away when he was NFL-quality edge rushers looking to decapitate him on every play. The Bears are not to the NFL what Ohio State is to the B1G (or even college football at large). He's going to have a big time reality check when he realizes that he's surrounded by guys who are substantially worse than the defenders he is playing against.

>>>>#36

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Your first sentence is so stupid it hurts but I can't help but laugh. When are you going to read and find out a bit more about what he has between his ears? His intelligence through the roof. His physical and mental toughness has been challenged and he has responded.
Being highly intelligent and being able to process quickly are 2 different things. You can have a genius level iq but if you can't read a defense, work through your progression, then make make the correct decision withing 2-3 seconds post snap then everything else is meaningless.

I was reading the draft reports thread and his negatives were giving me flashbacks of Cutler. They all say he trusts his arm too much and will force throws to his first read because he is slow to process and doesn't go through his progressions. Cutler was also a guy coaches raved about how smart he was in the class room but on the field his downfall was he was always too slow to process what was happening. Both Mitch and Cutler had that same issue. Hopefully its not a problem with Fields as well. No qb can be great without that ability to process everything in 2-3 seconds.

Reactions: Myk

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Why don't you like the pick?

Dude what are u smoking? Are questioning his mental capacity?

"Justin Fields, the guy who supposedly can't go through his reads, doesn't have great work ethic, all this bogus stuff -- he scored the highest. Ever. He scored the highest that they can rank him. He scored a 130 on it. [Patrick] Mahomes was like a 108. Josh Allen was like a 108. Over 100 is good.

-Former NFL quarterback and current analyst Mark Sanchez
Mind you. This is a test that 6500+ athletes have taken and it's far more indepth than the wonderlic.