Vikings have a problem

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I don't know anything about the Vikings Oline, other than they know how to open up holes for Cook....

If they have to play mostly backups and move people around it could be an opportunity for the D-line to attack, oh wait Pagano is calling the defense, nevermind.

Unlike with the Bears where the Backups are sometimes better than the starters, I would imagine a starter on most other teams is a big deal....Hope we can take advantage.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't know anything about the Vikings Oline, other than they know how to open up holes for Cook....

If they have to play mostly backups and move people around it could be an opportunity for the D-line to attack, oh wait Pagano is calling the defense, nevermind.

Unlike with the Bears where the Backups are sometimes better than the starters, I would imagine a starter on most other teams is a big deal....Hope we can take advantage.

Pagano actually called a pretty aggressive gameplan for once last week.

Hopefully he continues that trend this w eek.

2Deep

Liked Posts:
I have Come to dislike pagano and his scheme. I feel like the lack of aggression from the defense is the reason why they have regressed as a defense. He has that bend but don't break style which does not suit the players that he has on this team. I would love to have them just go balls out and be aggressive tonight and just see what happens, and I guarantee you we get 2 or 3 turnovers in this game.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I have Come to dislike pagano and his scheme. I feel like the lack of aggression from the defense is the reason why they have regressed as a defense. He has that bend but don't break style which does not suit the players that he has on this team. I would love to have them just go balls out and be aggressive tonight and just see what happens, and I guarantee you we get 2 or 3 turnovers in this game.

Disagree. You don't need to be aggressive to be dominant. Vic Fangio's units proved that multiple times.

Pagano isn't the reason DBs are dropping INTs that hit them in the hands or refs are calling back two pick-6's. He also isn't the reason highly paid bum Robert Quinn gets stuffed in 1 on 1 opportunities when Mack/Hicks get doubled/taken out of the play by opposing offenses. Execution is a factor. To a lesser extent--so are refs.

The defense needs an absurd amount of turnovers like 2018 to make up for the piss poor offense. They're not getting them.

Early in the season, Pagano halved opposing QBs field, because nobody was throwing to the side of EJax and Fuller. Typically--when you're able to cut the field in half/take away a big part of an opposing offense's scheme, you're doing something right. That's why Jaylon Johnson and bum-ass Buster Skrine were/are targeted the most.

Nothing is perfect, but I do wish he would use Fangio/Donatell's disguising of the secondary more as opposed to obvious 2 high safeties and Fuller/Jaylon playing with huge cushions between them and WRs. I think that's one reason turnovers aren't happening as much. Fangio/Donatell are masters of confusing opposing QBs, but now--as mentioned--Ejax is where he is and most QBs don't test him when with Fangio they figured he was doing one thing when he did another and put himself in a position to force a turnover.

It does drive me insane when I see Fuller lined 8-10 yards off his guy, handing the other team 5+ yards depending on if a WR can make a move.

Also, run edge protection needs work. Derrick Henry is a tank and the bears stuffed him. That wasn't aggression, that was form tackling/going for the legs not letting said tank RB get moving. Roquan was a huge part of that--looking like vintage Patrick Willis.

Dynamic guys who can hit off the outside of a tackle then speed burst, like Dalvin Cook is able to are a problem.

Pagano isn't perfect by any stretch and the defense isn't the unit it once was, but its still very stout, and wasted by the jackass HC.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
He's a backup so won't make a difference.
Disagree. You don't need to be aggressive to be dominant. Vic Fangio's units proved that multiple times.

Pagano isn't the reason DBs are dropping INTs that hit them in the hands or refs are calling back two pick-6's. He also isn't the reason highly paid bum Robert Quinn gets stuffed in 1 on 1 opportunities when Mack/Hicks get doubled/taken out of the play by opposing offenses. Execution is a factor. To a lesser extent--so are refs.

The defense needs an absurd amount of turnovers like 2018 to make up for the piss poor offense. They're not getting them.

Early in the season, Pagano halved opposing QBs field, because nobody was throwing to the side of EJax and Fuller. Typically--when you're able to cut the field in half/take away a big part of an opposing offense's scheme, you're doing something right. That's why Jaylon Johnson and bum-ass Buster Skrine were/are targeted the most.

Nothing is perfect, but I do wish he would use Fangio/Donatell's disguising of the secondary more as opposed to obvious 2 high safeties and Fuller/Jaylon playing with huge cushions between them and WRs. I think that's one reason turnovers aren't happening as much. Fangio/Donatell are masters of confusing opposing QBs, but now--as mentioned--Ejax is where he is and most QBs don't test him when with Fangio they figured he was doing one thing when he did another and put himself in a position to force a turnover.

It does drive me insane when I see Fuller lined 8-10 yards off his guy, handing the other team 5+ yards depending on if a WR can make a move.

Also, run edge protection needs work. Derrick Henry is a tank and the bears stuffed him. That wasn't aggression, that was form tackling/going for the legs not letting said tank RB get moving. Roquan was a huge part of that--looking like vintage Patrick Willis.

Dynamic guys who can hit off the outside of a tackle then speed burst, like Dalvin Cook is able to are a problem.

Pagano isn't perfect by any stretch and the defense isn't the unit it once was, but its still very stout, and wasted by the jackass HC.
Also going from an above average rushing team on offense to the worst in the league doesn't help either.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Bears haven't allowed a team to score 30 this season I don't see that changing. This team is capable of forcing a team to 0 points if only the offense complemented the defense.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
still better than our oline

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Actually Fangio also played our defense to not give up the big plays and didn't blitz much either. He probably did more then Pagano does but they both coach the defense very similar to each other. I was a fan of the Pagano signing but am also growing tired of him and would also rather watch a more aggressive defense, but although our defense is pretty boring to watch sometimes it still works and works well to play it to not give up the big plays.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Vikings about beat the bears with their entire 2nd string last season.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
In general Pagano does not get agressive when it could help the offense the most, and has reduced risk.

Any time we have a team pinned inside the 10 yard line and we are not scheming to run blitz or our CB are giving 8 yards of cushion, we are not helping the offense....

The defense needs to be better outside of the Red Zone so that our Offense, that is not very good, can at least have a chance of scoring with a couple of first downs.

Our Offense is simply not good enough to get 4-5 first downs to even get close to scoring, and by using the bend don't break method we are putting them in that position far to often.

We have a good defense, but to win against the good teams, they need to be more aggressive at times, and not wait till the defense has been on the field all game to try to pull off a blitz.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
I believe this game comes down to who takes better care of the football.

Take away Cook early on, force Cousins to throw, and he'll give you a couple/three opportunities to get picks - The Bears have to make the most of that.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

LOL. You're seriously complaining about Pagano and the D??? Jesus Christ...