1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
How could they not be set? The Chicago Bears Org is a multi billion dollar business. They have had contingencies set for the past two decades
Is that a rhetorical question? We are talking about the Bears, are we not?

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Curse and conspiracy theory....

Honey Bears return, Superbowl victory returns?

Worth a shot in my opinion.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Battle? Shes 99 years old! Its been time for her to go and i dont mean that in a mean way. When your that old it hurts to do anything. YOu think you feel like shit when you get up in the morning at 50? Try it in your 90s. Youll be begging for the sweet release of death. My grandmother passed a few months ago at 96 and she was miserable over the last several years. Her skin would rip, her bones ached and peeing felt like she was passing razor blades through pudding. No thanks! I dont think any of us will see 90 with nuclear war about to pop off any minute now so no worries. We`ll die young, tanned and sexy.
If you don't neglect your health and continuously move around, you generally won't have these issues. My great grandfather lived until he was 108. In his 90s, he was still getting up and cutting through branches with machetes like it was no issue.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
If you don't neglect your health and continuously move around, you generally won't have these issues. My great grandfather lived until he was 108. In his 90s, he was still getting up and cutting through branches with machetes like it was no issue.
hes a rare exception. doesnt matter how well you take care of yourself 90 is 90. Some people can get lucky. I had a great grandmother who smoked cigars and if im not mistaken she died at 106. Might have been 109.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
hes a rare exception. doesnt matter how well you take care of yourself 90 is 90. Some people can get lucky. I had a great grandmother who smoked cigars and if im not mistaken she died at 106. Might have been 109.
Of course it matters. Will some people be unlucky or luckier? Sure, there's always outliers. But not taking care of yourself is generally going to increase your chances of having health issues.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Glad to read that Virginia has completed her latest regeneration treatment.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Battle? Shes 99 years old! Its been time for her to go and i dont mean that in a mean way. When your that old it hurts to do anything. YOu think you feel like shit when you get up in the morning at 50? Try it in your 90s. Youll be begging for the sweet release of death. My grandmother passed a few months ago at 96 and she was miserable over the last several years. Her skin would rip, her bones ached and peeing felt like she was passing razor blades through pudding. No thanks! I dont think any of us will see 90 with nuclear war about to pop off any minute now so no worries. We`ll die young, tanned and sexy.
With respect to your grandmother, the problem with your rant is that we all see Virginia several times a year and she has never looked miserable or even unhappy save some disgust for the Bears play. Everyone ages differently and some are in remarkably good health even at 90.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I'm not a tax expert, but it is my understanding that the McCaskey's will need to come up with the cash to pay the 30% estate tax on the franchise when she passes away. I believe the land becoming available was a blessing for the McCaskeys because they can use the debt from purchasing all the land to offset some of the tax penalty. Again, I'm not exactly sure how this all works and I could be butchering this explanation.

They'll also be able to parcel some of the land and resell or lease it for capital or an additional revenue stream to help get the financing required to buy-out any family members that want to cash-out. It just makes it all complicated and I believe it would be best for the McCaskey family to have all this worked out before she passes.

As for the NFL setting limits about how owners can manage their asset - I'm not aware of any of those rules - so I can't speak to that. It sounds unlikely.

Most rich people share ownership before they die. Let's say i own the Bears. Before I die, several years prior; I transfer ownership to my kids. So now they are the owners. I die. No estate tax because I am not the owner.
Rich people tricks!

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With respect to your grandmother, the problem with your rant is that we all see Virginia several times a year and she has never looked miserable or even unhappy save some disgust for the Bears play. Everyone ages differently and some are in remarkably good health even at 90.
How happy someone is at that stage can also come down to the quality of life. Funny story. My grandmother (who had acute rheumatoid arthritis) was miserable in her 70s while living in the Midwest. After a while my Mom got fed up and my mother took her down to live with my parents who had a small villa in Montego Bay (my parents aren't rich, they just saved a little money). She got to sitting by the pool in the warm sun and that helped her joints a lot, but what really helped was sipping on rum-enhanced fruity drinks by the pool and eating some "special" brownies that my mother made for her (that they didn't tell her about) and she was feeling like a new woman. She lived a couple more years after that, but they were relatively happy years.

So hopefully if Mrs McCaskey is in a lot of pain, one of her kids is hooking her up with some special brownies. If her time is coming, I wish her a peaceful passing.