Waddle: Let Fields experience the game and make throws, good and bad

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
When we run and we do not win people say we should throw more, when throw and do not win, people say we should run more........

Someone in another thread pointed out that the pass to run ratio was almost 50/50, but on the stat sheet it showed more runs, because when a passing play broke down, it is then called a run because of Fields scrambling.

I do think that more play action and roll-outs would have been better, so they have room for improvement.

I just hope the coaching staff is more patient than CCS, and most Bears Fans....

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
This sounds familiar.....oh yea,its Trubisky all over again ?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The three and outs are not all on him. The entire offense stunk outside of Montgomery and Herbert. Penalty, drops, protection and him holding the ball.
yes he was not the only player that was bad, but this thread is about allowing JF to play and make throws good or bad.. they did.. it was bad.

mecha

Liked Posts:
yes he was not the only player that was bad, but this thread is about allowing JF to play and make throws good or bad.. they did.. it was bad.
he had like under 15 pass attempts the entire game. average quarterbacks have more than double. 8 completions at what, 77 yards, my math indicates he was getting about 10 yards each pass. 10 yards equals a first down, barring penalties of course. I don't think that was entirely the issue. the 2 top receiving targets on offense have been non-factors through 2 games now. if you don't see the systemic issue, then whatever.

Montgomery and Herbert were averaging nearly the same running the ball. despite this I don't think Montgomery has a 1000 yard season in his future this year.

continue to argue.

msadows

Liked Posts:

They did? When?

Are you watching different games? Or are you too busy arguing with Remydat to watch the games? Last I checked he has 28 pass attempts in two weeks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
he had like under 15 pass attempts the entire game. average quarterbacks have more than double. 8 completions at what, 77 yards, my math indicates he was getting about 10 yards each pass. 10 yards equals a first down, barring penalties of course. I don't think that was entirely the issue. the 2 top receiving targets on offense have been non-factors through 2 games now. if you don't see the systemic issue, then whatever.

Montgomery and Herbert were averaging nearly the same running the ball. despite this I don't think Montgomery has a 1000 yard season in his future this year.

continue to argue.

He's too busy 69ing Remy to watch football.

Pretty clear everyone on offense is bad right now outside of maybe 3-4 guys(Monty, Jenkins, Whitehair....I got no one else).

mecha

Liked Posts:
He's too busy 69ing Remy to watch football.

Pretty clear everyone on offense is bad right now outside of maybe 3-4 guys(Monty, Jenkins, Whitehair....I got no one else).
I don't think Pringle has done anything either. maybe 1 catch total? it's pretty bad.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

continue to argue.

They did? When?

Are you watching different games? Or are you too busy arguing with Remydat to watch the games? Last I checked he has 28 pass attempts in two weeks.

after the first drive that was heavy run where we scored the next 5 drives (one being the end of the half) was 9 pass plays called to 4 run plays called. they just went 3 and out each time. After that was back to heavy run and we scored on one of the drives (should of been both) and then the last "drive" he threw a pic.

He had throwing opportunities, they where called.. he just had a bad game

mecha

Liked Posts:
after the first drive that was heavy run where we scored the next 5 drives (one being the end of the half) was 9 pass plays called to 4 run plays called. they just went 3 and out each time. After that was back to heavy run and we scored on one of the drives (should of been both) and then the last "drive" he threw a pic.

K

you can go back to arguing with remy now thanks

msadows

Liked Posts:

Yea, you answered your own question.

You were too busy 69ing remydat.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
K I didn’t see the same game obviously 7/9 70 yards into the third qtr says otherwise.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Wasn't he like 7/9 passing with one of the incompletions being a drop by kmet. The drop by kmet, a penalty, a sack, and a negative run by Herbert killed like 2 or 3 drives after the 1st touchdown drive

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its a long season. I am not going to nit pick on what they are working on at what time.

I'd rather let the season play out before I start bitching about minutia.

Except for that QB sneak, after that they should just burn down Halas Hall.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Its a long season. I am not going to nit pick on what they are working on at what time.

I'd rather let the season play out before I start bitching about minutia.

Except for that QB sneak, after that they should just burn down Halas Hall.
you mean the goal line shotgun play? pretty poor, yes. I don't even know if you can quantify that being a sneak out of shotgun.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
you mean the goal line shotgun play? pretty poor, yes. I don't even know if you can quantify that being a sneak out of shotgun.
It's not. It's a qb power run. A sneak would have been the appropriate call as it is the most successful play with that type of yardage to gain

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
K I didn’t see the same game obviously 7/9 70 yards into the third qtr says otherwise.
its really not that complicated, if the OC calls a pass play and JF takes a sack, throws an illegal pass, or decides to run instead, thats doesnt show up on the state sheet as an attempted pass, but its still a called pass from the OC and thats not a problem with the OC not calling pass plays.. Thats a production problem. And its not just on JF, there is a lot of problems.. But JF was also a big part of the reason they kept going 3 and out. He had a bad game

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Yea, you answered your own question.

You were too busy 69ing remydat.

You fantasizing about 2 dudes 69ing has got you so worked up and distracted that you're mistaking me for someone else.. I never asked a question

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
its really not that complicated, if the OC calls a pass play and JF takes a sack, throws an illegal pass, or decides to run instead, thats doesnt show up on the state sheet as an attempted pass, but its still a called pass from the OC and thats not a problem with the OC not calling pass plays.. Thats a production problem. And its not just on JF, there is a lot of problems.. But JF was also a big part of the reason they kept going 3 and out. He had a bad game
Yes I went back and looked at the drives. It was a shit show from play caller to qb.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I mean I agree but look at who he’s throwing to as well? So we shouldn’t expect a lot because it will be a lot of 3 and outs. Can’t get much reps with that.