Donator
Liked Posts:
Today would be his birthday
Discuss

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
I put a tweet out saying: "Today is Walter Payton day. Respect to the best running back ever and the best man ever in football. #greatestofalltime"

In case you don't know me very well, Sweetness has been my idol since I was a little kid.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still can't believe Sweetness is gone.

Watching highlights of him made me choke up a bit.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember the day he died..

My dad actually cried.. Ive never seen him cry before that.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
Greatest running back of all time? That is debatable but it is definitely between Sweetness, Jim Brown, and Barry Sanders (You cannot go wrong picking one of those three). Gale Sayers would defiantly be in the discussion if his knees could have held up, I mean the guy made a hall of fame career out of 4 healthy seasons and was the most electric running back of all time.

Walter is the greatest role model professional sports has ever seen. It did not matter what the score or his team's record was he gave 110% every play. It did not matter if he was running the ball or blocking he never gave less than his best effort. Not only did he play his heart out but he was as tough as they come and missed 1 game in his career. He was a smaller guy who loved to run over much bigger guys, he would take a big hit and a minor injury if it meant gaining another inch rather than run out of bounds.

If I was a father I would show my children a video of Walter Payton's life and tell them that is how every human should act and strive to be no matter what profession you're in.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Greatest running back of all time? That is debatable but it is definitely between Sweetness, Jim Brown, and Barry Sanders (You cannot go wrong picking one of those three). Gale Sayers would defiantly be in the discussion if his knees could have held up, I mean the guy made a hall of fame career out of 4 healthy seasons and was the most electric running back of all time.

Walter is the greatest role model professional sports has ever seen. It did not matter what the score or his team's record was he gave 110% every play. It did not matter if he was running the ball or blocking he never gave less than his best effort. Not only did he play his heart out but he was as tough as they come and missed 1 game in his career. He was a smaller guy who loved to run over much bigger guys, he would take a big hit and a minor injury if it meant gaining another inch rather than run out of bounds.

If I was a father I would show my children a video of Walter Payton's life and tell them that is how every human should act and strive to be no matter what profession you're in.

That's why I find him the greatest.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
walter payton was definitely one of the greatest on and off the field

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUwwxWdm4k0&feature=related]YouTube - Big whoop[/ame]

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I put a tweet out saying: "Today is Walter Payton day. Respect to the best running back ever and the best man ever in football. #greatestofalltime"

I retweeted that if you don't mind.
:elephant:

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
I am one of the lucky ones. I met him not only of the field but off the field as well. If you didn't know better you would never know from speaking to him that he was such a great man.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was the kindest man you could ever meet, he is what the NFL needs today w/ all of these thugs and dumbasses tarnishing their teams

Status
Not open for further replies.