Wanny gets all access at Bears practice

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
Pretty interesting conversation with Wanny. He didn’t say anything earth shattering, but he got me hyped up for the young secondary and Tyler Scott. I was amused by his comments about Nate Davis missing voluntary mini camp and how he’d be super peeved if he were HC and a new vet lineman was skipping camp. It’s cool for the Bears org to give Wanny access like that, where he’s shooting the shit with Poles for an hour. Thanks for posting.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Pretty interesting conversation with Wanny. He didn’t say anything earth shattering, but he got me hyped up for the young secondary and Tyler Scott. I was amused by his comments about Nate Davis missing voluntary mini camp and how he’d be super peeved if he were HC and a new vet lineman was skipping camp. It’s cool for the Bears org to give Wanny access like that, where he’s shooting the shit with Poles for an hour. Thanks for posting.
Was actually surprised. He goes full meatball all the time on the radio. My expectations were low. You can tell he took this serious.

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
Good interview, not much talk about Fields at all but on the Hoge & Jahns podcast they were saying how this is the first time the offense has looked like it backed up the hype from the coaches.

No major expectations but this season is going to be fun.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Good interview, not much talk about Fields at all but on the Hoge & Jahns podcast they were saying how this is the first time the offense has looked like it backed up the hype from the coaches.

Yep. Heard Fields to Moore is looking sexy so far too, which is probably to be expected when a guy can actually get open consistently.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yep. Heard Fields to Moore is looking sexy so far too, which is probably to be expected when a guy can actually get open consistently.
I'm obviously excited to see that connection, but I'm even more excited to see how it opens up the field for everyone else. Lowkey I think in terms of FA, I think Robert Tonyan is an underrated signing.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'm obviously excited to see that connection, but I'm even more excited to see how it opens up the field for everyone else. Lowkey I think in terms of FA, I think Robert Tonyan is an underrated signing.
I don't think it's too underrated, at least to me. To get a starting caliber TE as your #2, who also complements what your #1 can do, is pretty awesome. I don't expect big numbers from him but I expect him to be another threat that forces the defense to account for him when he's on the field, else punishing them if they decide to double Moore or spy Fields instead.

I don't know but it seems like receiving out of the backfield isn't going to be a big focal point. You've got Moore/Mooney/Claypool as your primary receivers, Scott/Jones as gadget/big play guys who demand attention when they're on the field, Kmet/Tonyan who are at least solid/good receivers at the TE spot and Fields as an elite rusher who can possibly house it on a broken play if the defense isn't careful. Seems like our passing to backs is going to be a last-resort type thing, old school style.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't think it's too underrated, at least to me. To get a starting caliber TE as your #2, who also complements what your #1 can do, is pretty awesome. I don't expect big numbers from him but I expect him to be another threat that forces the defense to account for him when he's on the field, else punishing them if they decide to double Moore or spy Fields instead.

I don't know but it seems like receiving out of the backfield isn't going to be a big focal point. You've got Moore/Mooney/Claypool as your primary receivers, Scott/Jones as gadget/big play guys who demand attention when they're on the field, Kmet/Tonyan who are at least solid/good receivers at the TE spot and Fields as an elite rusher who can possibly house it on a broken play if the defense isn't careful. Seems like our passing to backs is going to be a last-resort type thing, old school style.
I agree with a lot here. I suppose what I mean by underrated is that despite his history he's not that BIG name.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I didn't like Wanny much when he coached the Bears. He's grown on me since. As for takes on the offense, my favorite take so far is Eberflus's take, which I think is spot-on. "The ball shouldn't hit the ground in 7 vs 7. We're not there yet."