Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I just watched this one too. I love that Fields is showing progress.

A couple comments Warner makes are about how Fields had to get his throw out earlier, but two of those comments were on plays that resulted in touchdowns anyway. While we should expect Fields to not be at full speed yet, there is a really big positive that he has the arm to make a big pass or legs to make a chunk play when he moves off his first and second reads.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This is so much better to hear the criticism from a former player that was actually good at what he is preaching.

Everytime I heard Dilfer open his mouth and criticize a QB, I thought what a blow hard.....

mecha

Liked Posts:
This is so much better to hear the criticism from a former player that was actually good at what he is preaching.

Everytime I heard Dilfer open his mouth and criticize a QB, I thought what a blow hard.....
only quarterback ever to "win" a Super Bowl and get cut the next season. fuck that guy.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
only quarterback ever to "win" a Super Bowl and get cut the next season. fuck that guy.
Not sure why the fuck that guy comment. When I listened to him talking the other day about Fields he was very self aware about where be stood within the QB “hierarchy” and self deprecating.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Re-watched this. I think the more comfortable Fields gets with the scheme and players, this should be fixable. Kind of like JT O’Sullivan said, he is processing “too quickly”. I’ll take that over too slow ?

mecha

Liked Posts:
that being said, Dilfer at least was on a Super Bowl winning team. O’Sullivan cannot say as much, but we prefer his word more?

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:

A couple comments Warner makes are about how Fields had to get his throw out earlier, but two of those comments were on plays that resulted in touchdowns anyway. While we should expect Fields to not be at full speed yet, there is a really big positive that he has the arm to make a big pass or legs to make a chunk play when he moves off his first and second reads.

And the one Warner mentioned where Fields had to throw the ball away. Warner failed to mention that on that play it was 3rd and long. Fields didn’t throw it because he was looking to see if he could get something opened past the sticks. Not a 5 yrd pass which would not have gotten a first down.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

This was exactly what I noticed. And I get it.

The beautiful thing about Fields, is that he has such a bad ass arm, and so much talent and athleticism, that even if he passes up on reads that most QBs should be throwing to, he can still make an even better play because of the talent he possesses. That says a lot about the QB that he is, and could become. His ceiling is so high. Fingers fucking crossed.

Bust

Liked Posts:

The beautiful thing about Fields, is that he has such a bad ass arm, and so much talent and athleticism, that even if he passes up on reads that most QBs should be throwing to, he can still make an even better play because of the talent he possesses. That says a lot about the QB that he is, and could become. His ceiling is so high. Fingers fucking crossed.

the touch on the ball @2:10 was a perfect dime. only handful qbs even attempt that throw.

#woah

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Yeah. People around the league are starting to take notice as well.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
that being said, Dilfer at least was on a Super Bowl winning team. O’Sullivan cannot say as much, but we prefer his word more?
I don't think someone had to have been a great QB to be effective breaking down film, providing analysis, etc. I'm sure it helps having practical experience, but how many QB coaches / OCs in the league were top tier players at that position?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not sure why the fuck that guy comment. When I listened to him talking the other day about Fields he was very self aware about where be stood within the QB “hierarchy” and self deprecating.
Yeah i don't get the Dilfer hate. Bears fans still seem to be upset that he was always trashing Cutler.

His play as a QB shouldn't have anything to do with his analysis. If we cant listen to Trent Dilfer talk about QBs then we cant listen to Hoge & Jahns, Olin Kreutz, or whatever local football guy you like listening to. Dilfer was pretty great on Parkins & Spiegel the other day too. This guy studied every pro-bowl and all-pro QB from '83 on to determine what all these successful QBs had in common. He's a student and teacher of the game. I feel like there was a time where Dilfer's analysis came off as bitter but he seems well past that these days. Lots of mediocre to bad players are great analysts. Some guys just don't have the physical or mental gifts to do great things in real time but give them tape and time and they can break it down with the best of them.

With that being said i still think he and ESPN's QBR was created to keep great QBs great while also elevating game managers.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:

Dilfer has always been self aware of what he was and what he "accomplished". Most meatheads don't like him because he doesn't blow sunshine and rainbows up their asses about their favorite players. He says what he thinks and doesn't apologize. Just like all of his, sometimes he is right and sometimes he is wrong.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll give Dilfer a break because he knows Fields (and pretty much all the other top young QBs) better than many because of the Elite 11. Remember, Fields beat the much-hyped Trevor Lawrence to win that competition under Dilfer's guidance. It was due to the Elite 11 several years ago that I first learned about and quickly became a believer in Justin Fields. It wasn't just that he beat Trevor Lawrence, it was how cool and composed he was doing it. I thought to myself at the time, "Man, this kid is going to be a superstar in the NFL someday." Quickly followed by, "Fuck, there's no way the Bears would ever end up with him in the draft."

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dilfer has always been self aware of what he was and what he "accomplished". Most meatheads don't like him because he doesn't blow sunshine and rainbows up their asses about their favorite players. He says what he thinks and doesn't apologize. Just like all of his, sometimes he is right and sometimes he is wrong.
Bald guy discrimination is real.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Re-watched this. I think the more comfortable Fields gets with the scheme and players, this should be fixable. Kind of like JT O’Sullivan said, he is processing “too quickly”. I’ll take that over too slow ?
This is what I was talking about the week before and boy, did I get grief. That said. Even Brady misses reads so not to be too critical of a 2nd year QB with limited reps and not seeing much these concepts the previous year. It's extremely encouraging.