Was Fields robbed?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have more of an issue with how the coach acted after he was ruled short then the call itself.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Horrible playcall by Getsey. Really didn’t matter. The Bears never had a chance.
Why would it not matter if he got to the goal line and they did not call it a touchdown simply because you didn’t like the play call? That makes no sense whatsoever. It would have been a seven point game.

I watched three teams win today that looked like they had no chance and Atlanta damn near made it four. All were as dead as the Bears.

Not saying the Bears would have won. But the call certainly mattered.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not robbed. Needed undisputable evidence. Be nice if NFL had chips in the ball to help determine if it crossed the plane or not. Personally I think he got it in with the tip but we will never know. I'm pretty sure a tape geek will find it today or tomorrow.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Nah. It wouldn't have gotten overturned either way.

It's completely plausible he broke the plane. It's also completely plausible it didn't.

If you look at the still shots, you can't actually see the ball. I've seen a lot of people phantom-highlight stuff, but no, you can't see the ball.

You can see the white tape on Fields' arm and surmise where the ball is, but it has to be on the side of his arm that's closer to his body. When you take that into account, it's completely plausible that the ball didn't cross. I don't see how you can overturn that.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Should have been a TD.

I'm still more upset about the officials picking up the flag after the GB RT literally jumped on #55s back in the 1st half and rode him for about 4 yards. That shit was unbelievable.

Liked Posts:
Yes. We all know where the ball was the problem is the camera couldn’t show it. That was a touchdown in my humble after three shots of sipping tequila afterglow opinion

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Why would it not matter if he got to the goal line and they did not call it a touchdown simply because you didn’t like the play call? That makes no sense whatsoever. It would have been a seven point game.

I watched three teams win today that looked like they had no chance and Atlanta damn near made it four. All were as dead as the Bears.

Not saying the Bears would have won. But the call certainly mattered.
Because Rodgers moved the Packers from his own 1 yard line like a hot knife through butter. Do we honestly think that Rodgers starting on his own 25 in a 7 point game would not have done the same? Like he was going to feel some pressure in it only being a 7 point game?

The Bears were lucky that the Packers had 2 drives in the 2nd half stall because of a Dillon fumble on the exchange and a shotgun snap hitting a man in motion. Yes, I know there were some weird comebacks in the NFL yesterday. And the Bears somehow could have stole the game with crazy plays late. But it just was not something I ever got the impression was likely. They couldn't stop the run. Gordon was exposed by Rodgers which he always does to rookie corners. The Bears had 4 straight 3 and outs and could only move the ball on the ground.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The thing that no one is talking about with the play at the goal line is that no one helps push Fields across. Once Fields is contacted, don't push the defender, push Fields. Like that is common sense. Yeah you can't do that by the letter of the rule, but they never call that.

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
I feel like we ran the play out of shotgun because Mustapher can't move anyone. Half the time he ends up 3 yards in the backfield. At least the shotgun gave Fields a chance to go around.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
it was a horrible play call. I believe he crossed the line, but they were correct in not over-turning it

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
It looked like he was in, but it wasn't clear and obvious. You can't see the ball, but you can make some reasonable assumptions based on where you can see his hand, but by the letter of the law, I don't think that's enough evidence to overturn the call.

That being said, there's no doubt that call gets over turned if it's GB who's scoring the touchdown.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Should have been a TD.

I'm still more upset about the officials picking up the flag after the GB RT literally jumped on #55s back in the 1st half and rode him for about 4 yards. That shit was unbelievable.

This was important! You can’t pick up a flag simply bc they made a good play.