Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Carolina Panthers
  1. Colorado Avalanche
  1. Florida Gators
He doesn't have to be an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. If he can just be on Derek Carr's level, I'd be ecstatic.
I think he’ll be more dynamic.

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
If he's a bust this message board won't recover
Have you seen his tape... His character and moxie is off the charts... Made to be a chicago bear....Maybe .01% chance he's a bust but still.... Come on

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Are you new here? LOL
Anything short of Peyton F Manning will be called a bust before his rookie contract is up.

I'm not new here, are you?

Because the fan base I know kisses the ass of bad quarterbacks like Jay cutler, Rex Grossman and Mitch trubisky.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
To those who are afraid of committing, for fear of getting hurt----Jump in, the water's warm.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Have you seen his tape... His character and moxie is off the charts... Made to be a chicago bear....Maybe .01% chance he's a bust but still.... Come on
Obviously nothing is certain in sports, but honestly, this is about as close as you can get to certainty that he's at the very least going to be a viable franchise quarterback. That alone should make Bears fans excited.

If he somehow busts and breaks my Bears-fan heart, so be it. I'm not going to be late to this party.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Only concern with Fields is his legs. If he wants to have a long career, he has to focus on being a passer and run only in limited circumstances. Just look at Mitch, hurt his shoulder and really wasn’t the same after that.

Varking

Enigma
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Carolina Panthers
  1. Colorado Avalanche
  1. Florida Gators
Only concern with Fields is his legs. If he wants to have a long career, he has to focus on being a passer and run only in limited circumstances. Just look at Mitch, hurt his shoulder and really wasn’t the same after that.
He is a passer first.

hckypro19ja

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He doesn't have to be an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. If he can just be on Derek Carr's level, I'd be ecstatic.

Damn this organization has low standards.....if this kid doesnt bring us multiple playoff wins and at least one superbowl win then the trade up was pointless.

Varking

Enigma
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Carolina Panthers
  1. Colorado Avalanche
  1. Florida Gators
Damn this organization has low standards.....if this kid doesnt bring us multiple playoff wins and at least one superbowl win then the trade up was pointless.
I hear you on the multiple playoff wins but it’s just one extra first rounder that you gave up. Calling it super bowl or pointless seems a little like a stretch.

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
To those who are afraid of committing, for fear of getting hurt----Jump in, the water's warm.
8AD19482-D749-493D-9EB8-CF4549587663.jpeg
I’m so damn tempted. Been burnt by Grossman, Trubisky, and others before but this time it feels different.

Last edited:

Varking

Enigma
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Carolina Panthers
  1. Colorado Avalanche
  1. Florida Gators
It's odd how Bears and Cubs fans sound so much like an abused spouse.
I’m neither a Bears fan or a Cubs fan. Although bears are my favorite animal.

Reactions: Myk

hckypro19ja

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hear you on the multiple playoff wins but it’s just one extra first rounder that you gave up. Calling it super bowl or pointless seems a little like a stretch.

Well trade up to be honest is irrelevant, if you feel the player is a franchise level qb then any trade up is worth it. I was referring more to the people are fine with Derek Carr level play over Brady or Rodgers. I want this guy to play at a Brady or Rodgers level and win us some playoff games and take us to the Super Bowl. Weve had garbage for so long at the QB postion that its easy to have lower standards but screw that mentality, I want this team to have a dominate qb for the next 10-15 years. Teams never fear playing Carr....but they sure do when they see someone like Mahommes, Rodgers or Brady on the schedule.